Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-20-10, 09:39 AM  
ldy_solana

aaawwww i already used up my spending budget this week :P but will bug dh for next pay LOL. i had this on vhs, but when my vcr died i of course just gave the tape away. its a little cheesy but i love christmas music(of course in DECEMBER and not before thanksgiving like lately LOL) so it makes it a fun workout.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 09:44 AM  
mommy2two

Where did you find a preview of it ? I am soooo tempted to buy the holiday one.
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 09:50 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two View Post
Where did you find a preview of it ? I am soooo tempted to buy the holiday one.
I didn't find a clip for it, I just watched most of the dvd today now that it arrived in my mailbox yesterday. YouTube unfortunately doesn't have a clip either, although there are other clips there of Joanie Greggains.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 12:41 PM  
spotted zebra

I decided on Joanie's Classical Workout DVD. I like how she uses dumbbells combined with basic aerobics on the Holiday Workout, and I'm hoping for more of the same on Classical Workout.
Old 11-21-10, 10:44 AM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra View Post
But now I'm tempted by some of Joanie's other DVDs - Morning Stretch in Japan, Classical Workout, and Doo Wop Dance Workout. Are any of these good, does anyone know? I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to just one more.
I got both the MS in Japan and Doo Wop workout. I like the MS in Japan -- there are three workouts, short (20 minutes) and sweet and filmed outdoors. You just continue what you're doing through the "commercial breaks." The final aerobic portion is only five minutes or so, but she tells you to continue for 20 minutes or so. I don't like that, so I just use the five minutes for cool-down and stretch. The Doo Wop workout was a little too dancey for my taste; I can't do anything complicated, or even semi-complicated!

I'd be interested to hear your impressions of the Classical Workout!
Old 11-21-10, 10:54 AM  
horsemom2

Classical Workout

This morning I did some of Joannie Greggains' Classical Workout which was better than remembered because of the nice loud Classical music. Warmup was good with Fitstix and the aerobics were good with Fitstix on the bungee. Also did the upper body using my homemade XCO trainers and the barre using a chair then my own routine on the rebounder during her mat abs. Stopped and rewound to the beginning for another day without checking out the lower body mat or stretch.
People who demand good cuing and the sides worked equally best skip this one cuz it is more spontaneous than structured. I loved it though and wish the upright segments were longer (I do not like lying on the floor/mat).

Barb S
who tried to trade for this vhs for the longest time so quickly caved and bought it when it became available *used* on amazon
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 11:23 AM  
spotted zebra

Thanks Debbie and Barb! Both your comments were really helpful. Sounds like Doo Wop might be a little more dancey than what I had in mind too. I'm looking forward to Classical Workout's arrival. And for Canadians who weren't sure, yes Joanie's free shipping deal applies to Canada too. As that's such a rarity I felt compelled to show my gratitude and support by ordering the second dvd.
Old 12-03-10, 09:41 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb1 View Post
I'd be interested to hear your impressions of the Classical Workout!
Classical is a fun little workout. Not as much aerobics as I was expecting (just a short segment at the beginning prior to toning), yet it's a fun, low dread program. I'm surprised this title hasn't made it to any of the "workouts with good music" threads. It's an indoor program on the same red carpet as her Holiday Workout, with some statues and paintings of composers behind her. The choices in music if you like classical music, are really good. I should mention for people to whom this matters, Joanie's discs are DVD-R. I only just noticed that today. It's nice to have another program featuring classical music.
Old 12-04-10, 09:32 AM  
shelleyann

I have the new Holiday workout and don't want it...just not for me. If anyone is interested, I'll sell it cheap or I'm open to other ideas. Let me know...
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday workouts, joanie greggains