Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-10-10, 11:48 AM  
carres1973

Michelle - I don't know whether you are a prude but I sure didn't like all the cleavage shots either.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 11:49 AM  
CarlaShanti

Prude or not, everyone has their limits. I don't mind Chalene's boobies, or her sister's (I'm thinking they're a nice tribute to the surgical art)--but I have found my limit with Sylwia's cool down on Tonique. Let's just say I now know she follows a rigorous hair removal regime. I won't be doing that cool down again, ever.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 11:51 AM  
DejaDeb

The only thing that's ever really bothered me is the covers of the VHS/DVD's. I had Janis Saffell's Brand New Butt & More where she wore a thong (so you could see her "brand new butt" I guess!)

Anyway, that bothered me so much that I took a marker and drew shorts on her!
Old 03-10-10, 11:53 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

To me, the instructors are professionals in a professional environment (allegedly) and unless their profession is stripping or pole dancing or something along that line, they can leave out the cleavage or crotch shots, IMHO. I personally don't own any of the workouts mentioned already that show more than what is necessary IMHO for an effective workout, but I do recall a background exerciser in a Rob Glick workout that had an skimpy outfit NSFW IMO. It was a bit distracting as I was worried for the girl that she was going to pop out of her top.

I guess that makes me a prude too, although showing boobage at a club wouldn't bother me particularly. It's that kind of environment.

Deedee, lol at the mind picture of the boobs grabbing weights!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 12:01 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejadeb1 View Post
the only thing that's ever really bothered me is the covers of the vhs/dvd's. I had janis saffell's brand new butt & more where she wore a thong (so you could see her "brand new butt" i guess!)

Anyway, that bothered me so much that i took a marker and drew shorts on her!
lol
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 12:04 PM  
DejaDeb

The instructor who bothers me the most is Ana Brett. I've read where she says she wears those outfits (i.e., ridiculously skimpy) for people to see how her body is aligned, etc., so they can get proper form as well.

Oh, pul-eeze!
Old 03-10-10, 12:16 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb1 View Post
The only thing that's ever really bothered me is the covers of the VHS/DVD's. I had Janis Saffell's Brand New Butt & More where she wore a thong (so you could see her "brand new butt" I guess!)

Anyway, that bothered me so much that I took a marker and drew shorts on her!
That cover was the main reason I never was interested in either Janis or her workouts

I don't have sons to worry about, but the skimpy workouts clothes some of the ladies wear does not impress me, though it rarely will bother me enough to avoid a good workout. It wasn't the skimpiness of outfits or the busting-out boobs of CLX that turned me off that set. I'm not really bothered by Sylwia's clothes in Tonique. Now Jillian's low riders just do not look all that great on her. Too much tummy I guess. Maybe if she had a blue-ribbon six-pack????

No, Michelle, you're not a prude...if you are, well, you're in good company
Old 03-10-10, 12:22 PM  
dnna

Ana Brett/skimpy and see through! Enough alignment tips Ana. count me in as a prude too. Aren't these videos marketed to women? Kudos to Cathe, Chris Fretag,Ellen Barret, fitPrime intructors for wearing fun appropriate attire.
I was also a little nonplussed at the Pink Firm leaders in tiny bra tops and boy short bottoms although there are others who are much worse.
and Michael Carson -love the workouts just shut up please!! about the get "sexy " b.s. lol
Donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 12:25 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DachsieDogMom View Post
I'm also in the Lean Phase of CLX. I have to say I never noticed any inappropriate shots.
I am in the first week of the Push Phase and I have also never noticed any inappropriate shots. But I'm not looking through the eyes of a mother! Also I am sure I would be much more concious of what is going on on-screen if I had others in the room onlooking.

I agree with others though, if you love CLX then you've got to find a way around it. CONGRATS on your weight loss!
Old 03-10-10, 12:27 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

I'm not bothered too much by stuff like this, and never thought to worry about my kids seeing it. You DO see more on the beach, and I've always raised them to feel that the human body naked or otherwise is a perfectly natural thing.

Having said that, the one instructor that does bug me is Ana Brett. I don't need to that that deep into her shakras.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clx results, clx success, embarrassing workouts, instructor clothing, self-conscious