Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-28-23, 08:01 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - It's important for us to celebrate our heroes and she-roes. 5/28

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 08:17 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks, Laura, for the long list of new titles! Cut and paste works sooooo much easier than trying to figure out a new title!

Today I’ll do more putzing, some garden replanting moving some new sproutlings to a better place in my garden. Otherwise putzing - weeding and maybe starting some paint scraping on my shed. I’ll go for a walk in my neighborhood - nice to see more neighbors outside now instead of in February! The State Fair is starting a spring opening also, so I’m avoiding driving North for this weekend!

Paula, yeah, I’ve been working on some little house projects to get things ready for sale in the future. Luckily I’ve done improvements over many years! Yes, I’m doing things early, but I don’t want a bunch of things arising during sale when I’ll be busy on the next place.

Vantreesta, you’ve got a lot planned for the future! The yard work and high temps take a lot out of my planned workouts - I’ll be skipping the summer session at the studio. Is Monday, July 3rd, getting considered an off day that week?

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-28-23, 08:24 AM  
Vantreesta

Anita, that's great how many repairs you're getting done! So brave to tackle the wall yourself! No way I could do that on my own! I revised my initial June workout plan as it really was too ambitious and restrictive in that I wouldn't have time for PT or any of the things I've been doing. Now it's kettlebells two days a week, STS 2.0 two days a week, run two days a week and Sundays off. I think hubby only gets the 4th off but I'm not sure.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 04:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. Coming up with themes with I have time is sssoooooo much easier than showing up on Sunday mornings to start the thread.

Well, we've had the second soaker of a rainy day in a row. It has rained pretty much steadily, but not hard, since yesterday morning. We've had a quiet time and I've gotten stuff done on the computer. DH hasn't felt very good with all the bands of low pressure moving through. And we have an unhappy kitty to be inside for two days in a row! Personally, I've enjoyed the time.

Anita - You continue to chip away at your house to-do list. Good job. Have you heard any updates about the new place - how many they've sold or anything like that?

Vantreesta - I hope the June workout schedule goes well for you. It sounds like you based it on May realities, which is good. It's good to spend time with the spouse on a major holiday and day off.

Paula - It's good you got out to fly, even if it wasn't optimal.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 10:14 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 6 Walking with Weights and my PT routine.

Grocery and food prep day for us. The long weekend hasn't made any difference for us other than every place we shopped was less crowded than usual - I guess many of the residents of Irvine have left town.

Anita, thank you for getting us started and once again thanks Laura for another good theme. You're doing this the smart way. I'm sure your home will sell quickly because it will be so well cared for. You yard is going to be the envy of the neighborhood.

Laura, sorry you're not getting any sun for Memorial Day which is usually the start of summer. Sorry both Polly and your DH are feeling the effects of the rain.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 06:50 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

No vacation day for me - heading into the WRC to work on ducklings. Otherwise planning for a walk and putzing around outside.

Vantreesta, I’m glad the wall repair went as smoothly as it did! I’m hoping that basement room is now done! Your workout schedule sounds lots better!

Laura, we could use a real rain day here! Awww, poor kitty . They put a new date on the “sold” chart, but I’m not counting any more…. They were going to redesign three small units next to each other on each floor to two large units per floor. I’m not seeing that update to the site or if any of those new units got sold. I hope they’ve sold some!

Paula, I’m a bit afraid that my home sale might need to get done in November when the yard gets all chopped back. I’ll take spring and summer pictures and let people know what gets done out there like porch cover, lights, fountain stuff, etc. I don’t want to wait on the home sale till the following spring.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-29-23, 03:47 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Happy Memorial Day. I hope everyone had a good day. We actually had a couple of periods WITHOUT RAIN today! It has still been gray all day and kinda drizzly much of the day. But we've also had some times without the drizzle. Polly actually got outside for a couple of longish periods and she seems more content at this point. Yay! I made some cards and got some computer stuff done. It's been a lazy day and I've enjoyed it.

Anita - Hopefully your normal time at the WRC went well. It's a good idea to take pictures when your yard is beautiful in case they aren't that way when you sell it. Our realtor in Maryland said that selling a house at a time before spring means that there are less buyers, but there are also fewer houses for sale, so you can sell a house at any point. But having the pictures would be great.

Paula - I think even if you have optimal conditions over a major long weekend you can chill out more. I have caught up on some of those "important but not urgent" things this weekend and that has been nice. And I told DH he needed to keep his expectations of productivity low.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-29-23, 08:40 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Happy Memorial Day!

Good evening. Workout this morning was Karen Voight Pure and Simple Stretch – Floor Stretch, a neighborhood walk with DH, and my PT routine.

A quiet day here, got some gardening done and then got some sewing done on my latest quilt.

Anita, hope you enjoyed working with the ducklings – they’re cute, but I suspect they can be a handful. Are you planning to sell your house in winter? Whenever, I think pictures of the house with the yard in full bloom, curb appeal is always a big factor in a sale.

Laura, overcast and cool and sprinkled on and off all day. I am so darn sick of this weather. It’s supposed to be sunny in California in May. I feel your pain. I’m glad Polly got some time outdoors and is a happier cat. You’re right this weekend did feel more chill, I was happy to have time to work on my quilt.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 07:56 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on doing my strength class and a walk. We did have a few drops of rain last night but I’ll need to water some plants well. Otherwise putzing around - weeding, maybe looking for one or two more plants to take over areas that have been taken up by weeds currently, and scraping paint.

Laura, wish you can send some of that rain up to us - not droughts yet, but want to avoid the drought that we had last year. Yesterday, my WRC day was taken up by food prep and washing dishes - no cleaning of the bins the ducks are in. I don’t mind that! I’m hoping the co-op units will sell soon so I can get the 14 month construction count going - right now the count would take us to the end of summer next year. That’s why I think my move will take place in late fall…. Just saw an email from them - 11 units to sell before groundbreaking!

Paula, yup, that’s why I’ll be taking pictures of my yard! The duckling numbers have definitely doubled if not more since last week! Glad you got some good quilt time in!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-30-23, 06:48 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We got back to a more normal routine today, which felt good. I got a number of little to-do items done that had been on the list for a while. And I cooked for DH for lunch. And I went to the dentist because I thought one of my fillings was falling apart. But they said it was fine - even showed me a picture. I said I wouldn't argue with them, but I wonder what I bit into that was so hard the other day. I'm working on my least favorite chapter in my book - my recipes. It's hard work and is going pretty slowly. But it will get done eventually.

We had an unusual event today. This afternoon, a round yellowish ball appeared in the sky and gave off a golden light. We aren't sure what it was, but survived it fine.

Polly enjoyed being outside today until she sneaked in while we were moving kitty litter that had been delivered into the garage. We had no idea she was inside until she came out to ask to go outside. At that point, it was later than we are willing to let her out. Now, she's totally ticked at us and has no problem making that clear.

Anita - I seem to remember the last time you reported the number that it was at 20-ish. They've sold a number of them. Hopefully, that trend will continue this summer.

Paula - I feel your pain. I hope you see that round ball in the sky soon. We're not in the clear because we are due for more clouds and drizzle on various days this week. It's amazing how much a little bit of sun helps. Great job on getting work done on your quilt.

Laura's Workout Mantras: