Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-25-14, 10:36 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
But that's the beauty of the slysoft software, it quickly analyzes the DVD and chooses the working file without lugging through all 70 or 100 of them. I don't have to sit at the computer and pick and guess. I pop in a dvd and I can walk away from the computer and the slysoft program does all the work.
does it work for apple? I feel like I tried it before and didn't like it as much as handbrake. actually, it seems that slysoft is just for pc.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-14, 10:38 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Does it give you the time? That's what I usually do, pick using the time...
they're are so many with the same time.
Old 11-25-14, 10:44 PM  
yahoo205

does anyone know the title for both of these, but particularly strong legs because that's the one I really want to do? THANK YOU!!
Old 11-26-14, 08:04 AM  
Zenara25

If you are on Windows here's a youtube video showing you how to use VLC (a free open source DVD player) to find the correct title that you want to rip with handbrake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIemDrZTqA8
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-14, 08:47 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post
If you are on Windows here's a youtube video showing you how to use VLC (a free open source DVD player) to find the correct title that you want to rip with handbrake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIemDrZTqA8
Thank you but I'm on an apple.
Old 11-26-14, 08:49 AM  
kat_b

VLC is available for the Mac as well.

I also rip a copy to my hard drive to remove encryption then use handbrake to pull the titles. But the app I use isn't free, and there are better descriptions of the steps I take available through the google machine. :/
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-14, 10:01 AM  
Zenara25

Just like Kat_b I also use VLC on my Mac. Couldn't find a video on youtube for the Mac specifically but it works exactly the same. Click on 'Playback' (on top), then hover over Title.
Old 11-26-14, 10:35 AM  
yahoo205

Handbrake copies it fine. I actually figured out full body blast, but I cannot figure out which chapter title is for strong legs.
Old 11-26-14, 10:54 AM  
Zenara25

Just found out you don't even need VLC to find the correct title!! You can use the Mac's built in DVD Player. While playing Strong Legs (actually seeing the workout, not menus etc) click on 'Go' near the top, then hover over 'title'. It will show the title being used. Then use Handbrake to rip that title. Here's a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY2wls0-z2E#t=68
Old 11-26-14, 11:13 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post
Just found out you don't even need VLC to find the correct title!! You can use the Mac's built in DVD Player. While playing Strong Legs (actually seeing the workout, not menus etc) click on 'Go' near the top, then hover over 'title'. It will show the title being used. Then use Handbrake to rip that title. Here's a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY2wls0-z2E#t=68
OMG! That is so simple. Thank you!! Going to try it!

ETA: It works!!! I knew there was something simple. Again thank you!!! I have an old computer and I hate dragging it places if I don't need to.

Tags
butt, fat loss, legs and glutes, piyo, piyo strength