Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-23, 07:30 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I’ll be taking a carload of donations to a neighbor’s house that’s setting up for a sale in a few weeks for charity. It’ll be good to clear my basement shelf even though this won’t be a donation year on my taxes. Otherwise planning on scraping my shed and hopefully finishing that step. I’ll go for a walk if the temps don’t soar into the 90’s today.

Laura, I got a load of laundry done yesterday, but might do bed linens today - two beds I’ve been sleeping in lately…. Yay! for finishing that recipe chapter! Awww, poor Polly ! I was just providing a taxi service for my friends - they paid me back with dinner last night . DH’s heart is in the right place wanting to help his mom, but his own health doesn’t seem to support his care for his mom . Sorry, that so much falls to you for care of both.

Paula, I think they spray our city to control mosquitoes - otherwise there’s a lot of marshlands that would grow billions of them around here. This year we’re getting a big bunch of them anyways because there’s a lot more water than the standard parks they spray.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-23, 08:10 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a nice day. It wasn't a busy day, although I got stuff done. And it wasn't a lazy day, even though I worked on cards and watched TV some. It was somewhere in between. One of the things I did was pull out the first box for WV and start putting food in it. And I got a big load of towels washed. And some other stuff. The Orchids and Cats paper pad is quickly disappearing and my pile of cards is growing.

I was tired of writing new stuff so I focused on editing today. I'm moving through the chapter on cross-contamination. Exciting stuff! It's also one of the most detailed chapters, so it is taking a while. And that's fine.

Fortunately for me, my MIL and I have a great relationship. There are just quirks she has that mean I don't get much of a break while we are there. But I'm going to try to focus on the positive and set good boundaries with her and DH.

Anita - Dinner sounds like a pretty good payment to me for taxi service. As you said - . Did you get the shed scraped today? I hope it wasn't too hot.

Paula - I hope you are seeing the sun more. I started writing late last summer, but it took some time to hit my stride. I'm running all my text through an app that identifies sentences that are hard to read and the grade level you write at (you're supposed to aim for 7th grade or below) and passive voice and the number of adverbs (you want a low number) and other stuff like that. It has really been a useful program. Then, I'll try to find someone to edit it for flow and structure. I'm just too close to it to do that. Proofreading for typos, grammar, and spelling comes last.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-23, 08:58 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workouts today: Pahla B Body Shaping Day 12 Standing Abs, Tamilee Standing Stretch, a walk in Dana Point Marina with DH and my PT routine.

We had some intermittent sunshine today, so we went to Dana Point Marina and went to a long walk and got lunch. Also managed to get a load of laundry done and bake two loaves of blueberry bread.

Anita, How nice to go to dinner with friends and it was a nice reward for your taxi service. I guess we might get mosquitos this year after all the rain we’ve had. Good to get some stuff cleared out and away. I always feel good after getting rid of stuff we’re no longer using. Of course, I’ve gotten rid of some items I’ve regrated later.

Laura, nice you’re getting lots of cards done – I think you need some fun distractions. I know how difficult it is to proof your own work. Not sure if you want help, but if you do, I wouldn’t mind helping.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote