Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-22, 09:47 PM  
MathTeacher

Sherry, I hope everything goes well at the dentist tomorrow.

Vannie, I exercised again today. As Meatloaf would say, Two out of three ain't bad.

Hugs, Katie!
Old 01-04-22, 09:28 AM  
Leonana

Thanks, MT. So far, so good with my crown! A little sore when I eat, but should heal soon.

Our friends from Payson are visiting us for a couple of days. So no workout yesterday or today.
Old 01-04-22, 12:41 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post

We had tshirt weather today. The high was 36. LOL.
MT, our T-shirt weather was pretty short lived. We are back to wind gusts and below zero for quite a few days.

Yesterday I got a yoga video in with Barbara Benagh. It has been quite some time and it felt good. I think doing yoga through these really nasty weather days would be a good thing. The muscles can really get tight in this type of weather.

Sherry, glad you got your crown done. Hope it feels comfortable quickly.

Vannie, are you getting some of this blustery weather too?

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 10:56 AM  
Catahoula Cate

I did get another yoga dvd in the other day and it felt pretty good. I may try to get another one in today. It's much colder than predicted originally. Youtube is slowing down. I think some of the channels I subscribe too are going the instagram route. But fewer youtube clips might help get me back into the dvd's which wouldn't be a bad idea.

Scout isn't feeling too great these days. I was up all night with him 2 nights ago. We got some dog treats from DH's cousins for a Christmas gift. They do this every year. We don't normally feed our dogs much in the way of treats. So two days ago I gave one to Scout and he hasn't been right since(although improving) with upset stomach. Racking my brain to figure out what he could've gotten into, I finally checked out the ingredients on the dog treats. It included onion extract and garlic power, which are both toxic to dogs. I called the company and they said it's such small amounts and put it in there for flavoring but good grief, who puts a known toxin in a dog treat? And aren't there other flavoring agents that are not toxic out there? I'm sure some dogs can tolerate it but not all can. Belle went off her food a little too but not as bad. She is back to normal now but Scout isn't. We still can't feed him his regular food yet so I boiled a chicken breast and he's getting the broth plus a little meat with it and that's working out okay. The Vet wants us to try pepto bismol so may try that too but if he keeps everything down today and tonight, we'll try a little dog food. The poor guy. I feel awful. The Vet was dumbfounded that a company would put that stuff in their product. Thankfully our oldest dog was out with DH at the time I doled out the treats so he didn't get any.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 01-08-22, 12:42 PM  
Leonana

Katie, that is dumbfounding. I hope Scout feels better soon.
Old 01-09-22, 12:07 PM  
Vantreesta

2 above with real feel -19 here right now. Starting Tue it will be warm in the 30s for a few days. Such weird weather all over.

I thought the start of a new year and clean slate would help but I still can't seem to find the excitement to workout. I had set out a schedule for this month but have dread when I see the long list of short workouts and challenges. I tried revising it yesterday but couldn't get my brain to think differently. I'll try again today. I'm not happy with how my body feels and my eating and digestion have been off for a few months. I worked out Mon, Wed and Fri but most was very easy.

Sherry, hope the tooth is feeling good now.

MT, let's keep plugging on!

Katie, that is infuriating about the ingredients in the treats and especially the company's attitude about it! Hope the kids are feeling better.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 06:48 PM  
MathTeacher

We have had so much rain this weekend. I have stayed in the house. I don't know what I'd do if it were -19.

Katie, I am baffled about putting garlic in the dog food.

Vannie, I am trying really hard to find the energy exercise, so far I am doing okay. I am doing short Les Mills Pump workouts to avoid any dread factor.
Razorback Basketball gets top billing this time of year.

Sherry, How are you doing?

Lurkers, join us!

Have a great week, Friends.
Old 01-09-22, 07:02 PM  
Leonana

Today, I did a short 10 Minute HIIT with Body Fit by Amy. I liked it, it got the heart rate up. Then I did a one mile abs and glutes walk with Jessica Smith.

MT, I’m doing well thanks. I’m with you, I can barely handle 50 degrees lol.

Vannie, three days is good too. I struggle with motivation too lately. I just try and do 15 minutes, and usually it will get me in the mood for more. My tooth is almost 100%, just some slight soreness every once in awhile.
Old 01-09-22, 09:27 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Yay! Our Scout is back to his goofy self. We've been slowly adding some of his dog food to the chicken and broth without any further issues.

MT, I've been keeping my workouts short too. I seem more motivated that way.

Vannie, we are expecting 30's and even some low 40's this week! What a treat!

Sherry, glad your tooth keeps improving.

This evening I did Cathe's Basic Step. It's been a while since doing that one and it felt pretty good. I actually felt coordinated.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 01-09-22, 10:39 PM  
Leonana

Katie, I’m glad Scout is doing okay, that must be a relief. Good job on the Cathe step!