Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-24, 09:57 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post

Buffmama,Ironically, Margaret posted on IG recently that her workouts are considered easier and more doable, and she makes them that way because of her own history with rheumatoid arthritis. Was that workout you tried on YT?
I've done a significant portion of her workouts on YouTube. Some were OK, some I didn't like. This specific class was a live that I did as part of my teacher training. Note to self: don't do this.
Old 03-21-24, 10:02 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Buffmama, I would be frustrated too. I liked most of Margaret's workouts I tried, but I had to quit one of them because she was singing too much

Christine, Kara Duval has quite a few under 25min classes. She is more expensive though - 35$ a month, but she has a 7 days trial and offers financial assistance. I've been really enjoying her. The production quality is not as good as with some other streamings, but her verbal cuing is great and she is very genuine. Perhaps you could try her for a week at some point

Carol, yes I appreciate B3 has instructors of different body types and ages.

Donna, did Mindful flow have many challenging poses? I liked Christa, but only did a signature class with her.

Today's workout was Justina's Upper Body 01 and Cathe's extended stretch. It was a challenging stretch, haha!

Waves Beth!
Old 03-21-24, 12:04 PM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Uh-oh, Barre3 noticed I've been sneaking around with my account and offered 3 months subscription for 12.99$ / month. Tempting!
Old 03-21-24, 06:50 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

We had a late afternoon shower <gasp> - it smelled so good we went out for a walk afterwards. So my "workout" was

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes

Anytime DS wants to walk I will go with him. He needs the exercise.

I'll do b3's sleep practice before bed tonight, which I believe is a roughly 10 minute gentle stretch.

Polina - They are stalking you!

Christine - Endless reps are no fun! That's the main reason I finally gave up on Pilates By Lisa. It was just too much.

Donna - I like Christa, but I would have to pass on any of the Flow classes that they offer. There's no way I could do their yoga.

buffmama - That does not sound like a good workout at all.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-24, 08:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - no Pilates for me today; I did a kettlebell routine that I thought counted as my core work, followed by some yoga. It was a hectic day, partly from work, but mostly from dealing with family stuff in the background. I don't know if I mentioned it here before, but my 2 sisters and I are in the process of arranging for my dad to go into assisted living. I'm flying to Boston next week (where my dad is currently living with my sister) to help my sister with the actual move.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 07:50 AM  
buffmama

PA Mat Basics 20 min this was the first in my current series and good for an early day

Beth - I'm sorry to hear about your dad going into assisted living.
Old 03-22-24, 11:07 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Hi all, happy Friday!

Today workouts were:
- Kara - The Origin 30, The Beginning Essentials. It was a nice basic but still challenging pilates workout focusing on breathing and proper alignment
- ETV - Total Core, Leg & Butt Workout with Meg. The description claimed it will thin my waist in only 30 minutes, not sure it works this way Overall Essentrics have been really helpful with my shoulder issues, but I'm almost ready to throw my remote if I hear more of thinning / flattening stuff, haha.

Beth, I wish your dad a smooth adjustment to assisted living

Waves everyone!
Old 03-22-24, 11:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up....yesterday I got a dog walk in and then after work I pulled out an oldie - just for extra steps - Debbie Rocker P.M. Walk. This is a very basic walking workout with the most interesting thing being the scenery. I do enjoy these types of workouts from time to time - it is sort of like the Stott Walking workouts - very basic choreography, but good if you just want to zone out and get some extra activity into your day.

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - LISS Feedback Flow - I had done this one before it is a low-key fusion workout. Good for a light day and gentle movement.

I may get a dog walk in later if it doesn't rain.

Beth - I don't envy you - that is a tough decision and tough thing to deal with. I'm glad you have your sisters to support you through this.

Carol - my DD walked with me yesterday - she rides her horse about 3X a week but doesn't do any other formal exercise I have tried to steer her into Pilates as I think it would be beneficial for riding!

Polina - did you bite on B3?

I may put Jessica on hold for a couple of weeks and take advantage of the B3 free trial I have. I was thinking 2 signature workouts a week and 1 strength and I'll maybe add on some of their core and stretching. That may be a good diversion and then I can resume with Jessica (or whomever) once I'm done with the B3 trial.

Waves, Christine!

Hope everyone has a good Friday and start to the weekend!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 12:13 PM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Donna, not yet but I'm tempted! Just not sure what I want to do next - if I go back to Justina, I'll have enough strength workouts without B3. And otherwise I could mix B3 with pilates / Essentrics. Choices, choices..
Old 03-22-24, 12:15 PM  
donnamp

Polina - I know what you mean, at the moment I'm pretty content doing Jessica's fusion workouts, so maybe I should stick with that. But then I feel bad not taking advantage of a free trial! LOL!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wall pilates