Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-24, 04:00 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

This is what I did today (copied/pasted from April's "Just the Workouts.")

Lee Qi Gong (Day 10), Jessica 6 Mile Mix (Steady Burn), Linda Barlates Beginners Loop Series (Barre)

I enjoyed Jessica's Steady Burn walk today. I might just stick with her for the week. Don't have to think about step combos with Jenny Ford, then. Though they're basic, from the few I've done. There's going to be lots of stairs to climb in Quebec City, so I want to get my legs in shape. I should have been preparing a month in advance.

Today was my first time with Linda Wooldrige's Beginners Loop Series. I loved the barre work I did today. Not too terribly difficult. I was expecting it to be so challenging, I'd have to stop! Maybe my legs are strong after all. A lot of footwork for ankles, calves. And some glute work, as well as inner thighs. No dread with this one.

Lee's Qi Gong is always relaxing. Good finisher today!

Donna, I have that Jillian DVD. I have a ton of pilates & yoga. And...all the other genres, too!

Sherry, how's your cat doing?

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts
Callan Pickney (AM/PM Callanetics)
Mari Winsor (Buns & Thigh Sculpting)
Jessica Smith walks
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-24, 07:02 PM  
Leonana

Today was 4100 steps at work. Resting over the three day weekend really helped a lot, I feel almost normal today. Just some slight congestion.

Pam, thanks for asking. Unfortunately we had to say goodbye to Delilah this afternoon. I had the mobile vet come to our house, and do an exam. She could tell she most likely had a stomach mass, probably cancer. We decided to say goodbye, so she wouldn't suffer anymore. She would have been 18 in June. She was mostly my dd's cat when she lived with us, once she moved out, she became my dh's cat. She was a tortoiseshell with an attitude. It is so hard to say goodbye, they aren't with us long enough. I already miss her, she was a good girl. Her brother is still with us, he seems to be doing okay, although not as active as he used to be. We also have an 8 year old orange tabby, a real Garfield character.

Donna, good luck with making a decision on your kitchen. It was rainy here yesterday too. We've had so much rain this year, more than normal. It is very hot here in the summer, but I'm used to it.

Waves to Neita and wishiwasinhawaii.
Old 04-01-24, 09:13 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Oh Sherry, I'm so very sorry! A loss like that is so hard, but when they're sick it's best to say goodbye.

My sweet 18 year old gal, we had to let go of in Dec '22, and she was my baby and such a petite thing. But, she was sick, too! I miss her every day. Our current male cat seemed to miss her, but other days he seemed indifferent. Not as active either and he's 8 years old.

We want to get a kitten soon, but we'll search for an all black female, as all of our cats have been black. In AZ you can find them all year round since the weather is warm and they breed anytime. In the colder climates, there are next to no kittens until Spring (mating season.)

My sincerest condolences to you, your daughter and your husband!

May Focus:
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts
Jessica Smith walks
Old 04-02-24, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Our internet repair seems to be complete! I guess that is good.

I went back into the 21st Century today and did some streaming workouts:

- Improved Health - Bruce Springsteen Walking workout - this was 10 min and a fun warm-up

- Jessica Valant - Lower Body Beginner Weights Part One - I have done this one many times before today I went with a single 15 lb weight (kbell) for the whole thing and I found that quite challenging~ I guess Jessica is right - beginner doesn't necessarily mean easy! This was just the basics - squat, deadlift, lunge, step up.

- Jessica Valant - Beginner Lower Abs - I enjoyed this it include many of the lower ab/stabilizing exercises I like to do.

- Jessica Valant - 10 Min Hip Strength - again one I have done many times, but I added it on for a little bit of extra lower body work.

It is raining and dreary today. Planning on getting some indoor steps in throughout the day. That is one thing I realized from my internet free day yesterday - getting little Bursts of exercise are much easier with the internet/you tube, etc. And also stacking shorter workouts together. In the VHS days and the early DVD days there weren't as many ways to customize workouts, or do add ons. Once the DVD technology improved with chaptering, pre-mixes, things like the 10 min solutions, etc. it became easier, but streaming is still definitely the easiest way to stack workouts or find short add ons.

Sherry - I'm so sorry about your kitty..it is hard - even if they are older and have lived a good long life.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-24, 09:54 AM  
Leonana

Thanks, Pam. They are such a big part of our everyday lives, it makes it harder when they are gone. She was more attached to my husband, they had a funny relationship. He would talk to her a lot and she liked that, and would meow back at him loudly. Her brother is more attached to me. Our cats weren’t close, so I doubt they will miss her. Although tinier, she was the queen and would smack them if they got too close lol. I’ve always wanted a black cat too, the long haired ones are so pretty. Actually, when I TNR’d my ferals, they only had kittens in the spring. It gets too cold here at night for kittens, even though it’s above freezing most of the time. But I guess private owners have kittens year round.

Donna, thanks. I think a longer life is harder in some ways, you are so used to them being there. I guess walking bursts are easier with the internet. Although, I sometimes walked on my own while watching a YouTube video.
Old 04-02-24, 11:58 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

My workouts today were...

2. Lee Qi Gong (Day 11), Jessica Walk On: 2 Morning Walks (Interval Walk), Dean NEW Strong For Shoulders (Scapular Stabilizer Burn).

Dean releases new workouts on Monday's and this one was fantastic and really hard! He'd considerate it an Intermediate workout and best for people who have yoga experience. The intensity level is a 5/5, which is very challenging. I'd like to be able to get this one in at least once per month. He has you lifting (cork) yoga blocks in a Y-T-A positions, raising blocks (pulses), holding, doing arm circles with blocks to side, above head, and behind your back. You're lunging, while holding yoga strap behind you in various positions. The floorwork is forearm plank, full plank, side plank, dolphin, reverse plank. You think it's never going to end and the workout is only 20 minutes, lol! BTW all of the exercises he does with heavier yoga blocks can be done with hand weights. I wouldn't use more than #2 or #3 for all the reps and holds he does. He says you're only going to do 10 reps and you end up doing 20 because he's talking the whole time through. Typical Dean, haha!

Jessica's workout after yoga was a breath of fresh air! And then ending with qigong with Lee! Good stuff today!

Sherry, our cat is partial to my husband, too! He curls up next to DH at night and won't get in bed unless DH has come to bed! Sometimes the cat will sit on my yoga mat in the morning or come into the basement where I typically workout. Occasionally he'll join me on the couch when I watch TV, but he prefers DH. He'll climb on my DH's shoulders and snuggle with him and sit on the tub deck while DH showers. So yeah, our cat has chosen his person, lol!

Here's Chris Freytag doing a reverse plank. Normally this wouldn't be too bad, but after Dean's fried your shoulders beforehand it's that much more harder to hold for any length of time!
https://gethealthyu.com/exercise/reverse-plank/

May Focus:
Jessica Smith walks
Old 04-02-24, 08:38 PM  
Leonana

Walking at work today. I'm wondering if I can start the short Lee Holden exercises. I'm pretty sore from sleeping more upright, perhaps I'll try one tonight.

Pam, that's too funny about your cat. Delilah was attached to dd, then after she moved out, she transferred her affections to dh. She would also snuggle with him on the couch, and meow at him to sit down, lol. She liked someone who would talk to her, and dh likes to do that with the animals, loudly! I guess she wanted communication. Her brother is the opposite, he likes me better because I'm quieter.
Old 04-03-24, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Another dreary and rainy day here.

Yesterday I added on some extra steps with Improved Health

- Bee Gee's 10 Min walk and Music from the 1950's 60's and 70's - both of these were around 10 min each and good for extra activity.

Today, so far:

Improved Health - 1 Mile Walk in 15 min. Nothing remarkable to say about this one - a typical walking routine from Improved Health

Jessica Valant - Upper Body Beginner Weights Part One
Jessica Valant - Quadruped workout
Jessica Valant - Exercises for Text Neck

All of these were good, the Text Neck was the only one new to me, but something I should do more regularly.

Sherry - I guess you can always try to do Lee's workout and then just back off if needed. I imagine you are tense from coughing and sleeping upright.

it is funny how our animals attach to one person - my Golden prefers my DH and my DD's BF, in spite of me probably spending the most time with her and also feeding her and walking her. Go figure!

Hope everyone has a good day,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-24, 12:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I was awake much too early today (4:30AM) and couldn't get back to sleep. We had our irrigation system tech come out to the house at 7AM, so I've been zonked. I needed something gentle today!

April 3--- Lee Qi Gong (Day 12), Jessica Yoga Plus Pilates (Pilates Fusion Sculpt).

This was my first time with Pilates Fusion Sculpt, and I really liked it. The routine was really nice and I only used 2lb. weights today. My shoulders were still recovering from yesterday's yoga workout!

Yep, Jessica's going to be my go-to for cardio (walks) & fusion this month. I didn't have the energy for step, so I'm ditching that idea, haha!

Donna, you're having fun with some classic retro music lately! Love that!

Sherry, get on the Qi Gong train! It's so nice and gentle. Flowy, relaxing.

wishiwasinhawaii, hope you're mending well and enjoying some time away from work!

Neita, how are you doing?

May Focus:
Jessica Smith walks
Old 04-03-24, 06:23 PM  
Leonana

Walking at work, about 4600 steps. I haven’t done Qi Gong yet, I’m always tired after work.

Donna, same here! I’m the one that feeds them and cleans their litter box!

Pam, I will try and get on the train ha ha.

Waves to Neita and wishiwasinhawaii.