Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-23, 06:20 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I've now done all three of the Total Body workouts in BUILD. I really like them, and I feel it! Jessica has some creative moves, unlike ones you typically find in DVDs and online workouts. I feel she is focusing on the smaller, intrinsic muscles. I absolutely love deadlifts, yet I am surprised at how I'm feeling it from the deadlift variations & hamstring-specific exercises she has in the Total Body workouts. Like - my hamstrings and glutes stay activated all day (helping my posture immensely) rather than accumulating DOMS from doing heavy, traditional deadlifts.
-Anita
Yes, I am feeling it too! Especially in my glutes. Now that you mention it, I've noticed my posture is better.

She is also adding shorter workouts called Movement Snacks. Apparently, studies show that “movement snacks” can be just as effective as lengthy workouts, if done multiple times a day. Pretty interesting.
Old 06-03-23, 07:11 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Yes, I am feeling it too! Especially in my glutes. Now that you mention it, I've noticed my posture is better.

She is also adding shorter workouts called Movement Snacks. Apparently, studies show that “movement snacks” can be just as effective as lengthy workouts, if done multiple times a day. Pretty interesting.

That's awesome that she'll be adding "Movement Snacks"! I read Katy Bowman's work every so often (Nutritious Movement). She is an expert in biomechanics and recommends short bursts of activity during the day. I also listened to a podcast that had BJ Gaddour on as a guest; he mentioned he is working on a book with the theme of "every hour on the hour" - related to getting up and moving.

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-23, 07:32 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I didn’t think I would sign up for the AAP because I have a lot of Jessica’s downloads, but I went ahead and signed up and I’m so glad I did. I’ve done the first 2 Build workouts so far and loved them. I don’t use more than #3 dumbbells because I have autoimmune issues, but I still feel the workout at just the right intensity. Jessica’s calm delivery and the music go hand-in-hand to deliver an awesome workout.

I also appreciate easy access to Jessica’s existing library and look forward to her future uploads.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-23, 04:41 PM  
geojill

I love all the positive comments about Build! I wasn’t going to get the AAP because I own so many dvds, but it’s certainly convenient and I was interested in Build. I was traveling for work this past week and will be out of town for fun for a few days this next week, so I will start it when I get back.
Old 06-06-23, 12:51 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I did Build: Deep Core plus Balance Builders today.

I love balance work and this workout had some unique moves.
Old 06-06-23, 01:21 PM  
Leonana

Today was Quadriceps, Hamstrings and Calves. My legs are feeing it! She mostly used the band, but you can do it without the band. She also had some balance moves too. I liked that she has mobility moves for the warm up and cool down.
Old 06-21-23, 09:06 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Is anyone else loving Jessica's new content as much as I am?

I'm still making my way through the Build workouts and she's already added some from her new Summer series!

I love everything about these - the 30 minute length, the variety, great music, beautiful scenery and sets... and Jessica herself! I love the focus on balance, posture muscles, mobility, they are perfect for me at this stage in my life. I'm so happy I subscribed!
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-23, 11:09 AM  
MoFirmer

YES!!!!! I'm loving the AAP!!!! I have subscribed to many other streaming platforms before and this one is above and beyond in my opinion! Build has surpassed what I had planned!

Plus the fact that she is still putting out dvds as well!!!
Old 06-21-23, 03:06 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I feel as though I'm working out with my own personal trainer/physical therapist!

(Not that I've ever had a personal trainer and my only PT was of short duration and a long time ago).

I love the AA pass!

Leslie
Old 06-21-23, 03:38 PM  
MoFirmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I feel as though I'm working out with my own personal trainer/physical therapist!

(Not that I've ever had a personal trainer and my only PT was of short duration and a long time ago).

I love the AA pass!

Leslie
YES!!! This!!! I have had PT sessions with the FIRM instructors when I went on various trips and these sessions are remind me so much of them! The focus and attention to detail in these workouts are amazing!!!

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith all access, jessica smith build, jessica smith seasons, jessica smith streaming