Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-23, 12:31 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm a wimp. I do renegade rows on my knees because I want to concentrate on the row part rather than holding the position.
Old 02-20-23, 11:53 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Finished Iron today. Checked out some of CG's other series but they look more 'aerobic'. Longer sets and less rests. I want to build muscle right now. Even working out I have lost strength in recent years and already see gains in one 6 week program For added bonus my husband said my waist looks thinner! Will be doing Iron again.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-23, 09:25 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I'm not sure if this has been shared before, but I thought it might be helpful if you're considering Caroline's Youtube programs. Hover over an icon to get an overview of each of her programs. There are some I hadn't heard of.

https://www.carolinegirvan.com/free-programs/

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 01:11 PM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by windyh View Post
Thank you for this thread. I started CG Iron in Jan after reading it and LOVE it so much. I have been working out for 40 years and this is the best program I have ever done. I am a hard gainer and Firm and KCM were too fast to make much progress. Finally putting on muscle and able to lift heavier than I have in many years. Never been able to get shoulder presses over 5-8 lbs dumbells and now doing multiple sets with 2 10's! After a few weeks of Iron, maxed out my DB's and KB's and had to load my neglected barbell for rows and DL's. On week 6 and plan to do again.
Now this caught my attention! This is what you did?

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...mo5EQ0zmkxymJ2

Did you follow it mostly the way it’s laid out? Thanks!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 06:14 PM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
Now this caught my attention! This is what you did?

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...mo5EQ0zmkxymJ2

Did you follow it mostly the way it’s laid out? Thanks!
Yes that is the link. I am still doing Iron. Only on 3rd round due to illness and vacations and my internet going down. Iron doesn't have much ab work so I add a couple of her 10 minute sessions every week. After Iron round 3 is done, I plan to try Epic Heat subbing in something else for HIIT days, then back to Iron.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 06:54 AM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by windyh View Post
Yes that is the link. I am still doing Iron. Only on 3rd round due to illness and vacations and my internet going down. Iron doesn't have much ab work so I add a couple of her 10 minute sessions every week. After Iron round 3 is done, I plan to try Epic Heat subbing in something else for HIIT days, then back to Iron.
Thanks for the info!!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, girvan, peripheral heart action, youtube channels, youtube instructors