Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-23, 09:30 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry and Carol, is this the Dove you are using? And do you think it offers good wetness protection?
https://www.amazon.com/Dove-Anti-Per.../dp/B00CHTXLD0

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 10:37 AM  
Carol K

That's the one and it works for me.
Old 06-04-23, 10:50 AM  
SpiritYogi

SpiritYogi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 09:51 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

This question is related to an earlier one about makeup removers. I usually just remove makeup with my regular cleanser - I don't wear a lot of makeup, so I've never felt the need for a separate cleanser. But now I'm in a cleanser rut. I wanted to try a cream cleanser because even though my skin has always been oily, I'm developing some occasional dryness in my mid-50s; I thought the cream would also help with makeup removal. It was hard to find one though! I finally settled on Clean & Clear Sensitive, but after a few of weeks of use, I think it may be the source of my recent eye irritation. Why would you put menthol in a sensitive skin cleanser???

I may go back to Basis cleanser, which I used for years with no problem; I only switched to see if something new would be better. (Although looking at the ingredients of that, I see that it has spearmint extract, and I know my skin has reacted purely to some mint products in the past.)

Any other recommendations? One limitation is that I greatly prefer products that come in a tube - I find pumps really annoying (they often fail, and it's always a struggle to get out the remaining product once you are low). Plus I prefer to purchase products that are easily found in the grocery store and aren't too expensive.

The Clean & Clear might be relegated to the shower!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-07-23, 09:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Beth,

I personally like Vanicream cleanser - it is not a cream cleanser - more of a gel but it is good and no frills and can be purchased at CVS, Walmart, Target, etc. It does come in a pump though - not a tube. Although I think Amazon sells a 2 oz size for travel in a tube that you can try to see if it works for you.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 09:59 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Donna! I will look for it - I might have to give in on the pump issue.

I was just reading about Neutrogena Hydro Boost Exfoliating; that sounds like another option. I've tried to avoid scrub-type exfoliators (b/c of ingredients that aren't good for the environment and b/c they can be too harsh), but this is an AHA.

I think my skin must be more sensitive as I get older. I was never brand loyal when yoga and experimented with all kinds of beauty products!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-07-23, 03:20 PM  
kat999

I use good old Ponds Cold Cream as my makeup remover. I do use a separate cleasner, too, but I always do Ponds as my first step (or only step if I'm tired haha). It's in a jar, true, but it removes makeup gently and completely, and it's very moisturizing.
Old 06-07-23, 08:15 PM  
Leonana

Beth, regarding the Dove deodorant, it worked for me for wetness. But it does have a light scent. I switched to Vanicream Antiperspirant, but I do have some perspiration with that one. Although tbh, I read Dove solid and thought it was the Dove bar soap. I lost track of the conversation lol.

I like Oil of Olay Gentle Clean Foaming Face Wash. It takes off my face makeup, but I use something else for eye makeup. I take my eye makeup off with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. I use it dry like a cold cream, then rinse it off. If you use it with water, it won’t take off the makeup. But it does sting my eyes a bit. After using the Olay, I go over my face and eyes with a wet microfiber washcloth, to remove any makeup or cleanser.

The cleanser comes in a tube or pump, but I’ve only seen the pump in stores. I believe you can order the tube online on the Target website.

https://www.target.com/p/olay-cleans...z/-/A-13108840

My daughter likes the Cetaphil Gentle Clear with 2% salicylic acid. It’s supposed to be non-drying.

https://www.target.com/p/cetaphil-ge...z/-/A-82215655

I think a lot of you tubers use balms to take off makeup, then use a cleanser. Some use a micellar water first.
Old 06-07-23, 08:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Kat and Sherry, maybe doing a balm then cleanser would make sense. I'm always looking for shortcuts though - I like to do things in as few steps as possible!

Sherry I appreciate the additional info; the Oil of Olay might be any option for me. It is mostly the eye makeup/mascara that I have to put extra effort into removing (even though I don't usually wear waterproof mascara). RE the Dove, I actually don't mind scent - I like when my underarms are powder fresh, haha. But I'm using unscented Almay now, just because its the best I've found so far. It's a gel though, which I don't really like because it takes longer to dry.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-07-23, 10:01 PM  
Leonana

I’d like to pare it down too! The Olay cleanser will take off some eye makeup but not all of it. I’ve thought about trying micellar water for the eye makeup. I suppose a balm would be more moisturizing. They just seem more expensive.

Tags
2023, 2023 beauty, beauty, beauty products, beauty thread, beauty thread 2023, beauty tips, hair products, off topic, off-topic