Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-24, 01:23 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, sounds like the news continues to be good.

Pat, I'm back to saving my posts too - hopefully it won't be for long! Now I have to get back in the habit of checking the ospreys.

cyana, we are more like Pat - the lilacs don't bloom until May, sometimes well into the month! Rochester has a well-known "Lilac Festival" every year that is the weeks before and after Mother's Day, and it can be hit or miss whether the lilacs are actually in bloom then.

Colleen, even being a prop minimalist (which I am NOT, haha), you can do a lot with simple things like a chair, big pillow, or even a stability ball. I just head the thought that a bean bag chair would be a fun yoga prop!

Just did a short yoga routine yesterday, but did manage a brief meditation last night. Tonight I'm on my own (DH is having dinner with his father & sisters for his father's 81st b-day), so I might do a longer yoga routine, or I might just chill.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-24, 09:23 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Sorry for those trying to post around the dreaded 500 error! When I see that message I can't post at all.

20 Mar
AM
45’ - Barlates New Year Meltdown: Cardio Core
PM
30’ - Barbara Benagh AM/PM Yoga: AM Breath Work

I had a big *ouch* moment stepping back into plank during today's workout and had to stop for a couple of minutes to massage my foot. Then it felt better and I was able to finish the workout. Now it's just a little sore. I've been working toe extension pretty hard lately (planks, barre releve, etc.) so it's probably letting me know that it needs some rest!

Sandra - It sounds like your recovery is going well.

Beth - I used household items as yoga blankets and bolsters when I was in grad school and experimenting with restorative yoga. A bean bag bolster would have been perfect! I still use a rolled-up yoga mat for supported chest openers.

Pat - I checked out the osprey cam earlier today and saw a couple of seagulls enjoying one nest and a crow perched on the other. My foot is healing well overall (I know this from previous injuries), but there are still some *ouch* moments and odd cramps.

Waving to all!

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-24, 09:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
Beth - I used household items as yoga blankets and bolsters when I was in grad school and experimenting with restorative yoga. A bean bag bolster would have been perfect! I still use a rolled-up yoga mat for supported chest openers.
These options look pretty good!
https://www.yogaflavoredlife.com/bea...shoulderstand/

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-21-24, 07:34 AM  
cyana

Quick morning fly by - I couldn't wait to let Pat know that I went out to get something from my car last night and heard the unmistakable "Who, who, who.....who cooks for you?" So happy the barred owls are back.

Uneventful dental visit yesterday - hooray - although I may need to get a night guard at some point.

Must get to work. I think I have at least 3 meetings on my calendar for today.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-24, 07:48 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Day 3 of 500 Error
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-24, 10:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Thursday! We’re getting there. Yesterday:

~ 6 minutes silent meditation (day 6)
~ The Body Electric Workout - pecs, tris, shoulders and abs
~ Kassandra's 15 Minute Upper Body Yoga Stretch
~ 3,320 steps

The Body Electric Workout is one of my favorite Spandex Margarets. It’s the usual exercises but the music, outfits and makeup are nostalgic and make me smile. The Kassandara upper body was a winner, too. A good, doable hatha routine for a break from yin.

Paine, oh no! I'm sorry you're getting 500'ed.

Cyana how exciting about the barred owl speaking up.

Colleen, feet are so complex and we use them so much. Poor things.

Sandra, you're only taking Tylenol? I hope my husband's is that manageable when he gets it done.

Everyone, I hope your day is great!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-24, 12:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sorry about the continued errors, Paine - I know they are still working on things.

Well, the S has hit the proverbial F over here, with my father expressing resistance, mainly in the form of "why do I have to go?" My trip there is a week from tomorrow and the move to AL is a week from Monday.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-21-24, 01:36 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth, is your Dad moving into assisted living?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-24, 01:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Beth, is your Dad moving into assisted living?
Pat, yes - you might have missed my prior posts about that. He's unable to live independently, and living with my sister is not a long-term solution given the care he requires (e.g., can't be alone more than a few hours). But he is in denial about what he needs, which is part of his dementia. So it's a challenge.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-21-24, 02:34 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Wednesday’s activities:
~ETV: Alexa’s AM workout
~Fabulous50s: 9 Minute Daily Balance
~Uliana Standing Goddess Flow
~beach walk
~ocean swim

Today’s activities, felt like doing my own thing:
~3 rounds of my own lower body circuit with a resistance loop: crab walks, heel raises with heel pressed together, squats with alternating rear leg raises, & heel raises with heels parallel.
~Three rounds of my own standing yoga flow
~beach & village walk
~ocean swim

Pat - I’ve checked out the osprey cams, but so far have only seen a couple of seagulls on them. I look forward to seeing the osprey pair settle in.

Colleen & Beth - I am definitely not a prop minimalist! I love my variety of bolsters, blocks, & blankets and I use them a lot. I’m a bit of a yin junkie & I am missing my yin practices here. I only have a thin travel mat so most of my yoga here is standing.

Beth - I hope your dad will settle in, I’ll be thinking of you when you travel there next week. (((Hugs)))

Cyana - I am glad your dental appt was uneventful! So cool that your owls have returned. We are still getting serenaded at night by the tiny tree frogs. I’ll miss them when I go home!

Paine - Sorry you’re getting error messages again!

Sandra - Your progress is awesome!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote