Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-06, 02:27 PM  
jordan

I think the changes in her physique prove that she is more like all of us then we admit to. She has talked about her program over the years and it seems like she makes adjustments based on her goals just like everyone else. Also, it has already been pointed out that this is her job and she has access to time, equipment and knowledge. It would appear as if she has found what works for her.

She seems to be very consistent with her diet. Even when she cheats, it sounds like she is very measured about it. Eating seems to be a lifestyle change & not a temporary "dietary" change. She has learned how to adjust her diet to feed muscle growth and burn fat. So I think her muscle definition has a lot to do with her diet.

She has been consistent for so long that I think her body adjusts faster then most others. Also, some of her changes are due to her maturing. This is JMO of what I have read over the years but I could be off base.

It takes commitment and lifestyle changes. I look at Liz N. and I can see the commitment that she has taken to receive her results. Everyone is different and has different stressors in their life. You have to figure out what you want and if you want to make the changes to get any given results.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 02:28 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko
Specifically, I thought her butt looked good in that workout.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I was thinking of her hips and stomach.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 02:56 PM  
ellaenchanted

Since fitness is her full-time career, she is able to focus time and energy to it. Most of us are not in the field, so we need to balance working out with other priorities. I know I don't have the time to maintain a body as lean and sculpted as Cathe's, but that's okay...
ellaenchanted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 02:56 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan
I think the changes in her physique prove that she is more like all of us then we admit to. She has talked about her program over the years and it seems like she makes adjustments based on her goals just like everyone else. Also, it has already been pointed out that this is her job and she has access to time, equipment and knowledge. It would appear as if she has found what works for her.

She seems to be very consistent with her diet. Even when she cheats, it sounds like she is very measured about it. Eating seems to be a lifestyle change & not a temporary "dietary" change. She has learned how to adjust her diet to feed muscle growth and burn fat. So I think her muscle definition has a lot to do with her diet.

She has been consistent for so long that I think her body adjusts faster then most others. Also, some of her changes are due to her maturing. This is JMO of what I have read over the years but I could be off base.

It takes commitment and lifestyle changes. I look at Liz N. and I can see the commitment that she has taken to receive her results. Everyone is different and has different stressors in their life. You have to figure out what you want and if you want to make the changes to get any given results.

jordan

I agree with your comment about Liz N---now THAT's a transformation! She inspired the founding of our Body Transformation check-in . Commitment is the name of the game---and that's not easy, especially when, unlike Cathe or Liz, there are no external motivators like making DVDs or being on TV or in a fitness competition.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 03:15 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

On Cathe's wedding video, there was a segment where she talked about Carol Semple who was a fitness competitor. She also recommended a Met-Rx supplement, so it's clear that Cathe has worked with professional fitness competitors. She probably does some of the things they do when preparing to make a video appearance.

That said, she probably is very consistent with her diet. The body fat levels of some of her background exercisers seem to fluctuate quite a bit while Cathe's does not change that much.

I actually thought she looked better in workouts such as Step Fit before she developed so much muscle.
Old 09-22-06, 04:00 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe
I agree with your comment about Liz N---now THAT's a transformation! She inspired the founding of our Body Transformation check-in . Commitment is the name of the game---and that's not easy, especially when, unlike Cathe or Liz, there are no external motivators like making DVDs or being on TV or in a fitness competition.
The common denominator between Cathe in the Hardcore series and Liz is diet. I have no doubt that both of them gain some bodyfat back after they're done with either filming or competiting.

Abbe, you are so right about having external motivators. Even though I ended up not being able to compete because of my car accidents, I did train hard and diet hard for a competition that I was supposed to compete in back in 1995. I also always watched my diet. Now that I don't have this external motivator any longer, there is no way that I will ever diet to the extreme that is necessary to look so cut. Dieting like this just zaps all the fun out of my life.

Another person that I really want to point out is LindaL. She's Beachbody's September success story. My goodness, her transformation is amazing.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 04:05 PM  
icey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P.
The body fat levels of some of her background exercisers seem to fluctuate quite a bit while Cathe's does not change that much.
I agree. The background exercisers work, have families, and have other committments everyday, except for Lorraine who works in the fitness industry. The backgrounders are like us, making that time for working out when condusive to their schedules and that is understandable.
Old 09-22-06, 04:07 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe
I thought she looked better in her older videos.

I agree, at least as far as a look I would want to emulate (her build in Step in Motion 3 is my ideal!)

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 04:15 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I think there's been an overall trend towards a less curvy look for women. It's probably linked to the increase in the popularity of workouts like Pilates which claim to help develop "long, lean muscles." How many female celebrities do you see these days who are curvy?

I do agree that some people's faces just don't look quite as good without that extra...padding.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 05:14 PM  
icey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima
I think there's been an overall trend towards a less curvy look for women. It's probably linked to the increase in the popularity of workouts like Pilates which claim to help develop "long, lean muscles." How many female celebrities do you see these days who are curvy?
Beyonce and J-Lo are definately curvy women and I am in that crew. You can still have a lean look with curves, who wants to be lean and look like a stick with no "bumps in the trunks"? I don't know any man who likes that, maybe they do, but I definately have not run into them.

Tags
cathe, instructors appearance