Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-06, 01:36 PM  
MARIKA

The metamorphosis of Cathe!

Genetics taken into consideration. Looking back on Cathes early weight workouts & seeing her body transform over time makes me wonder why I can't have such a visible change. I know she also teaches classes but come-on. We workout really hard & consistant too. Why can't I have improvemt like that??
Old 09-22-06, 01:42 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Lots of reasons

I mean - first - she works out alot. A LOT! She teaches classes, as well as works out to her own PT

This is her business. It's her job to be buff, so she's been able to expend the time and other resources into coming up with what works for her.

And she's got that genetic propensity towards that kind of build.

She was a gymnast which helps form the neural pathways, muscle memory, etc from a young age.

Etcetera!
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 01:44 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I used to work out with Cathe's old videos, and remember being shocked when I received the Pure Strength series, because Cathe looked so different. I thought she looked better in her older videos. I still think so, especially facially. I have read her replies to questions regarding her transformation, and she has said that she changed her diet to get that lean. We can't go further in that discussion here. You should probably pose the question over on Cathe's forum.

While I think that being lean is good, I also think that having too low bodyfat can make a person's face look older and not as healthy. I think Cathe's goals and the reasons for them are different from most people's (who aren't in her profession and who don't have her aspirations).

I think it's definitely possible for you to make a transformation in your body. It's a question of determining your goals and making a reasonable plan to achieve them.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 01:46 PM  
MARIKA

Giving up pastries!!

Hmmmm??
Old 09-22-06, 01:46 PM  
icey

And Cathe lifts much heavier than on her DVD's, it is obvious from her cuts. Plus, as others indicated, this is her business to be in the best fitness shape than she can be. No one is going to buy a DVD from her "not in shape".
Old 09-22-06, 01:50 PM  
antbuko

I was marvelling at Cathe's metamorphis while watching Maximum Intensity Strength. She looked really good in that video. She still looks good but she seems to have lost some curves since then.
Old 09-22-06, 01:52 PM  
icey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko
I was marvelling at Cathe's metamorphis while watching Maximum Intensity Strength. She looked really good in that video. She still looks good but she seems to have lost some curves since then.
And she is older and has had two kids. That changes any woman's body.
Old 09-22-06, 01:53 PM  
annetteb

Plus Cathe has children, that is enough to keep anyone busy ....and at least 1/2 way in shape. ,
Old 09-22-06, 01:56 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko
I always thought Cathe looked so tiny in MIS - I never saw any curves on her in that workout.

Cathe has mentioned using a personal trainer, so maybe that has helped her to push harder and achieve the more muscular build in addition to changing her diet and workout routine.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 01:58 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H.
I always thought Cathe looked so tiny in MIS - I never saw any curves on her in that workout.

Cathe has mentioned using a personal trainer, so maybe that has helped her to push harder and achieve the more muscular build in addition to changing her diet and workout routine.

Erica
Specifically, I thought her butt looked good in that workout.

Tags
cathe, instructors appearance