Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-22, 02:40 PM  
Scorpio6

T-Tapp Results?

Has anyone ever done the T-Tapp challenges where you do 14 days straight of the workout and NOT lost inches, or over a period of time regularly and NOT lost inches then some weight?
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 10:56 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi Scorpio - I have recently tried some T-Tapp on YouTube and started looking for threads here about it. I thought I'd bump this old thread for you in hopes that you might get some responses!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 06:11 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Years ago I had a lot of T-Tapp videos and I would do those challenges. I didn't get "results". Really don't think those videos were fun, either.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 10:22 AM  
prettyinpink

The advertising made it seem magical, just like for many systems. If you take a bunch of people who previously were not exercising, tell them to measure many different body parts, some of which the placement for is very subjective, and then start them doing exercise every day, voila, they will lose inches. It doesn’t matter if it is T-tapp or the the FIRM or any of the Beachbody programs or probably even walking at a brisk pace.

That’s my opinion on the claims of inch loss, but everyone is welcome to their own. I did some T-tapp years ago after having a break from exercise, I lost weight and inches, sure, but I also lost weight and inches doing other, different things other times. I thought some of the workouts were good, especially for posture, thinking about alignment of hips, knees, and ankles. Others have not responded as well and have gotten hurt with T-tapp or at least not a positive experience.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 01:25 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

I'll take the dissenting point of view. I've most definitely seen visible results when doing a T-Tapp rotation. By rotation, I mean anywhere from 4/5 days to a couple of weeks tops using the Basic workout. I don't find it fun, but it WORKS! The form is everything. If that's lacking, your mileage may vary. The book and the intro DVD are great at explaining the form. If you're doing it right, you'll be sweating and groaning, even with just the Basic workout.

The results I get are inch loss in my torso area, especially the front torso. And they really are dramatic. Also, my posture gets a lot better. I need to do a rotation now since swimming season is here!
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 01:43 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Some folks did get good results.

Many (many!) years ago, I did a short, 1-week T-Tapp Boot Camp and the only result I got was a sore back! It felt like over-training to me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 02:24 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Years ago I lost several inches in my waist and hips using the program for more candles on the cake. I can't remember the name of it. Sorry. T-Tapp hurt my back several times but everything hurt my back at one time or another. I never did T-Tapp for more than a week at a time and always had noticeable inch loss.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 02:40 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, good to see you! From my research, I think that was the T-Tapp MORE workout.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-30-23, 04:04 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Yes Beth, that's it. Good to see you too
MORE is slower with less reps. Being slow it gives more time to get the position right and feels like it gets deeper into the muscles as opposed to using momentum. I always got good results with MORE.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 08:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, one of the T-Tapp instructors I found on YouTube mentioned that when the T-Tapp instructors were learning more, many of them lost inches - they also thought slowing things down was more effective.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
results, t tapp, t-tapp, t-tapp more, t-tapp results, teresa tapp