Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-21, 01:47 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

In JB Berns' "Freedom Restoration" (aka Rehab Your Body at Home) he says during one of the exercises, "Now, squeeze your anal sphincter."

OK, JB!!!!! If you say so, LOL!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 08:21 PM  
acey

I forget which workout, but Kari Anderson is talking about whether you missed the move, and says, "Relax! It's not the end of the world!" The way she says it always makes me smile...
Old 12-23-21, 02:29 PM  
kat999

There's a bad pun in one of the Jari Love workouts where she's demonstrating an abs modification and the person doing it says "abs-olutely" and I always chuckle. It's so dumb!

I did Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution this summer and there are some real humdingers in that whole set, boy. Plus because you have to do each one multiple times in a two-week cycle, by the time I've heard a joke the last time I'm either screaming at them to shut up or I'm laughing almost hysterically. None of the jokes are GOOD, mind you.

I always appreciate stupid comments in the FIRMs because those are so scripted and are meant to not have anything like that in them, but sometimes they slip through or else innocuous comments come off weirdly and therefore are sort of "funny" because of how dopey they are. I forget which one it is but Tracie Long doing a lunge and a dip and then "marrying" them and then on the next time through saying "and here comes the happy couple." There's also a TLT video where she introduces her backgrounders and then says "And Tropical Storm Tammy is on her own." Through the big studio windows you can see that there is, indeed, near-hurricane weather going on out there!
Old 12-23-21, 02:43 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Oh yes, speaking of The Firm. In one of the workouts, Tracie Long is doing pushups and says something like, "Pushups build cleavage." I don't think her impressive cleavage came solely from doing pushups.

I laugh every time.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 12-23-21, 03:08 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Oh yes, speaking of The Firm. In one of the workouts, Tracie Long is doing pushups and says something like, "Pushups build cleavage." I don't think her impressive cleavage came solely from doing pushups.

I laugh every time.
HA! Yes, I remember that one. There's another line in one of the TLTs where she says something about not being as flexible as she was in her cheerleading days.
Old 12-26-21, 07:55 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
(in weird voice) "I got shot. In the butt-tocks". still cracks me up!!!
I just watched that movie a couple of days ago and that line still makes me laugh.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 01:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I did Tamilee Webb's old stretch DVD the other day. (Which she autographed for me at a fitness convention oh those many years ago.)

At one point she is doing an inner thigh stretch sand says, "When you're playing football or sumo wresting, you need to stretch those adductors."

Sumo wrestling is one of the few bandwagons I have not jumped on, LOL!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 12-28-21, 08:13 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Mark Laham has a 20 min yin for hips on YouTube and towards the end when a neighbor turns on the leaf blower he said "are you kidding me". It's both just zen enough and not zen enough that it cracks me up.
I forgot all about him! I just subscribed to his channel. I remember this workout!
Old 04-11-22, 04:49 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I think this is only my second or third time of doing this Jessica Smith workout but the way she says this line gets me every time:

"Getting more fit, getting in shape is the same thing--if you fall out of your habit or eat a whole bag of cookies, it happens."

The way she says "it happens" is so funny and nonjudgmental. You know, eat the whole bag...just one of those things that we might all experience from time to time....

Full quote in context:

"You know I like to think about when we were kids, when you're learning how to ride a bike, how many times did you fall off that bike before you learned to ride it? Getting more fit, getting in shape is the same thing--if you fall out of your habit or eat a whole bag of cookies, it happens.

"Get back up, get back on the bike, and pick yourself up and get right back on your path. That's how you make change. It's not all or nothing. It's small steps every day."

-Said during mile 2 of the 3-mile Flat Abs Power Walk on her Walk Off Belly Fat 5 Days a Week dvd.

Normally I'm not into much motivational speak but I enjoy Jessica's periodic forays into that realm, even the little sayings she sneaks in maybe once a workout. There's one workout where she something like "little by little, drop by drop, a little becomes a lot". And the one where at the end when you reach the cooldown she says, "just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, he becomes a butterfly" (or something like that...she admits she might not be getting the saying exactly right).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-22, 06:15 PM  
wendug

I can't think of anything specific off the top of my head, but Fitness with PJ is a treasure trove of funny comments. She has no music in her workouts, but she talks...A LOT. But she is hilarious and provides much needed laughter while working out!

Tags
humor, instructor quotes, instructors, vf humor