Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-21, 03:49 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveva View Post
oh, i know what general release means. I was wondering what winter 2021 means. Does that mean nov/dec 2021 or jan/feb 2022? I'm impatient (which is why i'm considering paying for early release if it seems like these are good workouts). :d
oh!! Lol!
Old 07-20-21, 03:50 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I'm keeping an eye on these, but so far I'm not impatient and feel like I can wait till winter. I just circled back to LIIFT4, which is probably my favorite Beachbody program ever.

I am retiring in November so "winter" might be a perfect time for a new program.
I'll have to check out LIFT 4 again. I don't remember feeling drawn to it. I'm glad there are so many options so we can all find what works and what we need at various points in our lives!
Old 07-21-21, 07:11 AM  
Rhonda

I wasn't big on Lift4. I thought I would like it but after a couple of weeks, it wasn't my cup of tea.

I think for me it was upper body is split out and I like doing all upper body together. I like one lower body day and one upper body day. I also didn't like the high impact, yes I know I can go low.

I did like 10 rounds with Joel and that was my first ever rotation I completed.

I am waiting on 645 to come to the platform. It looks good but then I wonder it will be be too hard. Just not into the kill myself workouts anymore.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 07:55 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I wasn't big on Lift4. I thought I would like it but after a couple of weeks, it wasn't my cup of tea.

I think for me it was upper body is split out and I like doing all upper body together. I like one lower body day and one upper body day. I also didn't like the high impact, yes I know I can go low.

I did like 10 rounds with Joel and that was my first ever rotation I completed.

I am waiting on 645 to come to the platform. It looks good but then I wonder it will be be too hard. Just not into the kill myself workouts anymore.

Based on early reviews from gigi, it seems like this is definitely less intense than The Work. It seems like there is a slow build-up in intensity with more concentration on form.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 01:43 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I'm liking LIIFT4 better than I thought I would. I'm finishing up a LIIFT4/80DO/21DFRT/XRT hybrid and am starting a LIIFT4/The Work hybrid on Monday.
That sounds like a great rotation. I’m actually finishing 9WCF on Saturday and I think it’s the only program I’ve ever completed as written. I’m debating 80DO but not sure I want more Autumn

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 05:55 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Based on early reviews from gigi, it seems like this is definitely less intense than The Work. It seems like there is a slow build-up in intensity with more concentration on form.
Yes! And the key is not going too heavy but to pick a weight that allows you to finish all 15 reps with the last 5 being challenging. Sometimes the reps are a bit fast but not anything compared to The Work! He is very good at telling you to lower weight if you are feeling pain and if that works that is the perfect weight. I really do feel my shoulders are being rehabilitated and this will make me stronger for other programs or workouts I want to tackle in the future. It is not easy but the pace is nothing like The Work...at least not yet. Stretches are short but one day of mobility work is included every week and there is bonus material for stretching. They seriously keep the workouts at 45 minutes. Great mobility in the beginning of each workout that warms up the body without jumping around.
Old 07-22-21, 05:45 PM  
gigi

I just finished week 2! I really feel good. I was in such a rut and I was working out too hard then not working out. Working out was actually causing more stress in my life.

I will say the mobility at the beginning of the workouts are similar and the stretches at the end are the same and very short. I do not feel I need to stretch that much at the end of the workouts because of the time spent on mobility at the beginning. I start Week 3 on Saturday. Tomorrow is a rest day.
Old 07-24-21, 05:35 AM  
gigi

Edited to give more details:
Stage 1, Week 1 is 15 reps and 30 seconds of work when reps are not counted
Stage 1, Week 2 is 15 reps and 35 seconds of work when reps are not counted
Stage 1, Week 3 is 10 reps with heavier weights and 40 seconds of work when reps are not counted. I just finished the first workout, Lower Body Strength of Stage 1, Week 3 and I felt the increase of work without feeling completely wiped out.

So far there is a lot of work on mobility and core stabilization which I love. Tonight I graduated from planks on my knees to on my toes with a forward reach!
Old 07-26-21, 08:29 PM  
momofcha

I did the sample workout today. I enjoyed it. Trying to decide if I want to try early access or just wait. Hmm

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 10:20 AM  
MARIKA

I'm debating on buying in early too. It looks awesome. However I am cheap and think I should just wait. I've never bought VIP access for any BB stuff as of yet.

Tags
645, 645 amoila cesar, amoila cesar, bbod, beachbody