Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-20, 11:21 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
To be fair, I think even Chalene has broken up with the Chalene that appeared in those videos.

She talks now of how she used overexercising/extreme workouts as a way to eat somewhat normally (but still under-eating) in order to stay in the kind of shape that Beachbody wanted. She now takes a much more balanced approach.
Thanks, Leigh! I did not know that.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 02:04 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post
I'll still pull out her workouts from time to time, but I never felt like I clicked with Chalene. I know it's not fair to judge her, but based on so much that I've seen from her (her emails, podcasts, YouTube videos, social media postings, etc.), she just seems very shallow, materialistic, and just into herself. It could be that's she's none of those things, but that's the vibe I get, and it's hard for me to get past. Donnamp hit the nail on the head when she said she seems like one of the popular girls in high school.

Beyond that, I feel like her "energy" and constant mugging for the camera is really forced.

With all that said, I'm not ready to get rid of her workouts, and I actually may pull out a Turbo Jam this week. I just tend to zone out and not focus so much on Chalene.

I made the mistake of watching one of her videos on Facebook a while back. I regretted it cause I was doing CLX at the time which I don't mind her in and I couldn't shake the feeling of the shallowness of her personality in the facebook video. I still love clx but i vowed never to watch her business or personal videos again.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 02:05 PM  
jusca

I see a lot of people wanting to dump their clx copies. I'm willing to take them off your hands!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 10:38 AM  
Melissa C

I got rid of my CLX set many years ago--though I do credit it with strengthening my triceps and I could double the weight I use to work them. I still have my Turbo Fire set but mostly do the 45 EZ on days I have to get up super early but still want some cardio to jump start the day.
3:27:39 on November 4, 2017
3:13:13 on November 3, 2018
Indy 500 Festival Half Marathon:3:26:27 May 4, 2019
"What? Like it's HARD?"
"Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. they just don't."-from"Legally Blonde"

Blog: melissacooper46.wordpress.com
Melissa C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 11:07 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I see a lot of people wanting to dump their clx copies. I'm willing to take them off your hands!
I am willing to trade or sell mine. We should talk
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 11:28 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
Spoken like a true VFer...love it

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 11:33 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
I still love clx but i vowed never to watch her business or personal videos again.
I get that...

There are some personalities that I can follow and it doesn't negatively affect how I feel about their workouts.

Then there are some who would do well to say less.

I have purposely put my Cathe and Kelly workouts together with Tony Horton in between because in my magical fitness world I think Tony is cracking corny jokes and having everyone get along

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 02:35 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I have purposely put my Cathe and Kelly workouts together with Tony Horton
Great idea!! I never thought of this but really like it!! Thanks, Fanofladyvols!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 06:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I do Turbo Fire sometimes, when I want to throw in some moderately choreographed cardio. I haven't gone through all the PiYo disks. I don't have CLX, as I have heard it can tweak shoulders and I already have somewhat tweaky shoulders to begin with.

Chalene definitely has a "too cool for school" persona in these workouts, and I try to ignore it. I also think she doth protest too much regarding Beachbody forcing her into looking a certain way. That's what BB does. Or any other fitness machine, for that matter. She's the only BB person I am at all familiar with meaning I haven't done any other BB workouts, but they all seem to present a specific image. I'm not breaking up with Chalene in particular, but I don't reach for her workouts often and not really interested in trying anything new that she has put out.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 09:56 PM  
Leonana

I broke up with her after trying Turbo Fire one time, lol. The workout was just not my cup of tea. But I bought it used long after it came out, and I think styles had changed by then.

Tags
chalene, chalene johnson