Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-20, 03:09 PM  
sherry7899

Hi, Winnie! I think an admin in the group or someone who is friends with you on Facebook who is in the group has to add you. I could be wrong.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 09:12 PM  
donnamp

I did Turbo Jam back in the day - but at some point, I realized that Chalene was probably one of those "popular" girls in H.S. who tortured nerdy me.

I haven't gotten rid of all of them, but I did thin the herd quite a bit. I do have PiYo but I have yet to actually do it - I bought it - returned it - acquired it in a trade.

Maybe some day?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 09:28 PM  
JezthePuff2

I'll still pull out her workouts from time to time, but I never felt like I clicked with Chalene. I know it's not fair to judge her, but based on so much that I've seen from her (her emails, podcasts, YouTube videos, social media postings, etc.), she just seems very shallow, materialistic, and just into herself. It could be that's she's none of those things, but that's the vibe I get, and it's hard for me to get past. Donnamp hit the nail on the head when she said she seems like one of the popular girls in high school.

Beyond that, I feel like her "energy" and constant mugging for the camera is really forced.

With all that said, I'm not ready to get rid of her workouts, and I actually may pull out a Turbo Jam this week. I just tend to zone out and not focus so much on Chalene.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 07:23 AM  
Rhonda

I have never cared for Chalene. Not sure why. Then why did I acquire CLX. I don't know as I did a couple workouts and am not feeling the love.

So when I get my trade list updated, this will be going on there.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 06:59 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think after doing Body Combat where excellent form is emphasized I just can't do her kickboxing anymore.
Wrapping up an Invincible month now and can totally see this. They are SO precise and on the beat, but in a very "doable" way. I went through a Turbo Jam phase several years ago and seriously considered picking up CLX but didn't for whatever reason. Then I listened to a few of her podcasts and decided we have just grown apart for now. I still see a lot of Turbo Jams at Half Price and always think, "Those were fun."

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham

Last edited by Rivercat; 03-02-20 at 07:00 PM. Reason: typo
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 07:23 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

This thread makes me want to pull out my TF/TJ and do some of the workouts. I used to love them and did them a lot, but haven't done any of them in at least 3 years.
Old 03-03-20, 12:46 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i sold TF to a co-worker several years ago. it was too fast for me.

i do TJ once in a while. i like the add-ons, like the stability ball workout.

I've kept CLX, and it's slow enough for me to enjoy every now and then.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 06:29 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I have never cared for Chalene. Not sure why. Then why did I acquire CLX.
Willingness to explore the unknown?

Vociferous vidiot appetite?

DVD set enchantment?

Any one of those can explain why I am willing to acquire a set. I am always fascinated with sets of workouts.

I never clicked with the random P90x workouts I tried back in the day. And yet, I am constantly having to force myself to put back on the shelf the p90x2 and p90x3 sets I see.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 07:34 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Wrapping up an Invincible month now and can totally see this. They are SO precise and on the beat, but in a very "doable" way. I went through a Turbo Jam phase several years ago and seriously considered picking up CLX but didn't for whatever reason. Then I listened to a few of her podcasts and decided we have just grown apart for now. I still see a lot of Turbo Jams at Half Price and always think, "Those were fun."
I am glad you enjoyed Body Combat.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 10:31 AM  
leigh1673

To be fair, I think even Chalene has broken up with the Chalene that appeared in those videos.

She talks now of how she used overexercising/extreme workouts as a way to eat somewhat normally (but still under-eating) in order to stay in the kind of shape that Beachbody wanted. She now takes a much more balanced approach.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalene, chalene johnson