Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-16, 04:29 PM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I have also pulled out my KV workouts again - really enjoying them. Today I did her Ab & Back Reform (well, part of it before I ran out of time!) - it was lovely. Good music, good stretches, a nice balance of ab and back work.

I may do the workout she did w/ Elle tomorrow - I think it is on You Tube, although I do have a VHS copy. I wish that one had made it to DVD.

Donna
It is on YT. That's the one I did - Your Personal Best aka The Body in Australia I believe. I still have the VHS too

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-16, 04:34 PM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
I may do the workout she did w/ Elle tomorrow - I think it is on You Tube, although I do have a VHS copy. I wish that one had made it to DVD.
It was released on DVD - just not in the US. From memory there were issues with the music copyright in the US.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-16, 06:38 PM  
Anny

Quote:
I have also pulled out my KV workouts again - really enjoying them. Today I did her Ab & Back Reform (well, part of it before I ran out of time!) - it was lovely. Good music, good stretches, a nice balance of ab and back work.

Donna
Yes, I did her workout with Elle because of this thread!
Old 06-16-16, 06:40 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:

Donna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gancho Girl View Post
It was released on DVD - just not in the US. From memory there were issues with the music copyright in the US.
I love the music in this workout.

I bought the DVD a few years ago from Amazon UK. You do need a Region 2 or All Region DVD player. I never did buy the proper DVD player but I did make a good MP4 video from it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...A2QA9N4DIAST0P

USD cost including shipping to the US is about $12.
Old 06-16-16, 10:11 PM  
Cafelattee

the elle McPherson The body workout is on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxv-FjDIDAY
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 06:09 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have always thought that Karen did a really good job picking music for her workouts. I have had a number of them over the years but didn't hang onto them for whatever reason. As I age she is another instructor I could see myself migrating back to. I have always liked her and her personality. She has an amazing figure too.

I remember liking Burn and Firm and her Streamline Fitness DVD. I think there is a DVD that combines the two workouts or something. I have a bunch of stuff to trade maybe I should try and trade for some Karen. In some ways she reminds me of Margaret Richard, her calm mannerisms. Margaret is one of my favorites these days.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 07:11 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Karen has always been a huge favorite of mine. I have always loved her grace, elegance, and professionalism. The first workout video I ever got was one of hers. 4 of her workouts survived the massive purge I did when we downsized for our move last year: Yoga Sculpt, Full Body Stretch, Ballet Body Sculpt, and Pilates Core Power.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 11:25 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I haven't used her DVDs much recently but vow to hold on to them -- her yoga, stretching and core work instruction & form is sublime, and she is just such a great instructor overall. I don't have much time to dabble with a variety of workouts right now but hope to revisit her routines for years to come
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-16, 11:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I did the Elle Macpherson workout this morning -what fun -great scenery and music.

It also made me realize how "back in the day" a workout was actually complete and well thought out with a thorough warm-up and good cool down and stretch. It seems now the new workouts skimp on some details (mostly the warm ups and cool downs). I don't mind adding on a warm up or stretch, but it is nice sometimes to have it all in one self-contained package!

Maybe I should post this as a separate post, but I got to thinking what other "celebrity" workouts are out there?

Off the top of my head:

Cher and Keli Roberts - included step, abs and lower body (and Cher's interesting outfits!)

Three w/ Cindy Crawford and several trainers.

Ali MacGraw workout w/ Eric Schiffman

Recently, fairly recently anyway, the Marisa Tomei workout

Any others?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-16, 11:53 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Hi,

I did the Elle Macpherson workout this morning -what fun -great scenery and music.

It also made me realize how "back in the day" a workout was actually complete and well thought out with a thorough warm-up and good cool down and stretch. It seems now the new workouts skimp on some details (mostly the warm ups and cool downs). I don't mind adding on a warm up or stretch, but it is nice sometimes to have it all in one self-contained package!

Maybe I should post this as a separate post, but I got to thinking what other "celebrity" workouts are out there?

Off the top of my head:

Cher and Keli Roberts - included step, abs and lower body (and Cher's interesting outfits!)

Three w/ Cindy Crawford and several trainers.

Ali MacGraw workout w/ Eric Schiffman

Recently, fairly recently anyway, the Marisa Tomei workout

Any others?

Donna
I still like the Cindy Crawford ones
There were the Kim Kardashian ones, and the girl from Facts of Life and valerie Bertinelli (this one looked so embarressing!, so never even looked at anything beyond the clip) I am pretty sure there are more older ones

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, ballet bodysculpt, instructors appearance, karen voight, peer pressure, plastic surgery