Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-24-15, 01:55 PM  
TinierTina

Merry Christmas!!

I am searching for "Purple Player" in the Windows 10 Store and I am coming up with a lot of Karaoke songs for 99¢ each ...

Okay. Back to the drawing board.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 02:16 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
I am searching for "Purple Player" in the Windows 10 Store and I am coming up with a lot of Karaoke songs for 99¢ each ...

Okay. Back to the drawing board.
Try this:

http://platformpurple.com/help/your-daily-walk/

http://platformpurple.com/help/category/user-account/

https://player.platformpurple.com/
Old 12-30-15, 04:47 PM  
TinierTina

How could I get a generic Purple Player ... ?

Is there such a thing?

I did not follow up on anything related to this Walk Series, but I did get the 99¢ trial on gaia, and introduced myself to Purple Player.

It seems to be streaming-service-specific. In Win 10, it goes into the Start Screen only; its non-executable files are deposited wherever in the desktop of my notebook you want them (I use the one-device method, wherein I utilize a "logical Cloud" ... I have only one device).

Does anybody know if a generic one that is pan-streaming-service exists?

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
Old 12-31-15, 11:07 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I love Leslie. I hate subscriptions.

I don't know how folks keep up with all these subscriptions.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 12:02 PM  
TinierTina

Explanation of tech quagmire - and then I think tech quagmire solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I love Leslie, too. I don't love her that much, not because I don't want to; but because I can't. Because, within my physical limitations, I like complex choreography too much. Because I need low-impact high intensity and wish her background dancer Susie were leading (this last one mostly due to medical reasons).

So, I went with gaia.com.

I phumpheted around until I figured that on that same device, I must have that app totally closed to be able to add titles to the library. Their tech support had not thought of that. Well, I will kindly tell them to think of that in the future.

To be fair: it was holiday time a lot of backing and forthing because their chat people had been totally offline. This had been all they could come up with! The below link (for my particular streaming site) proved to be useless for me in my situation.

http://platformpurple.com/gaia-support/

Any of you have wireless, FiOs or Road Runner ... these lower transmission speed procedures (particularly the one I had to hack into myself; about keeping the app CLOSED! during your selection and library "acquisition" process), may not have to apply to you!!

The only thing that bothers me now, is that they may do an Amazon (Amazon "Prime" ?) on me, and have me pony up $$ to keep the "offline" downloads accessible and on my hard drive. Well, I have been boycotting Amazon for the longest for a few years now. I'd lost a comedy show and two fitness downloads in Windows Media Player ... probably because Amazon starts charging $$ for the licensure, like a subscription.

But I am not planning on boycotting gaia.com. I either subscribe or I don't.

-Bettina

Old 01-01-16, 01:30 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I've been enjoying the Leslie Daily Walk subscription on the Purple Player platform. I don't use the app; I just choose one of the videos from the Purple Platform website. It's so much easier for me to play a workout digitally than from a DVD. I can stream the video from my computer. If I use my Ipad, I stream from the Purple player IOS app. I have not encountered any streaming problems.

This is same way I stream my Jessica Smith digital purchases.

Regarding the Gaia Purple Player IOS app, it is the same app but there are different logins. So you have to sign out of one and then sign in to the other.
Old 01-01-16, 01:56 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Ditto. I like a trusty old DVD....I think technology might be passing me by at this point!
Old 01-01-16, 02:24 PM  
TinierTina

I Like DVDs too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
Ditto. I like a trusty old DVD....I think technology might be passing me by at this point!
I just plumb ran out of limited, limited space.
Late adopter, audiot, hanging onto my audio cassette tapes for dear life!
I've room just for a tiny number of DVDs left ...
Suddenly room for zero.

Not into trading or selling, because every one I have, I retain.

That said, Best Buy at its flagship store downtown, had recently been running a sale. A personal milestone was reached (in that I figured out a workaround for having disturbed the couple downstairs, with music from this very one - then borrowed...) wherein I acquired in DVD form Leslie Sansone - Just Walk Party Songs!

That one, had to be a DVD.

As if to say, "this is mine, it's mine! It's mine!!"

-Bettina

Old 01-01-19, 12:38 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

OLD THREAD ALERT

I'm thinking of subscribing to Your Daily Walk but wonder if it works on my Kindle Fire 10? I'd probably only use it at school during my lunch break. TIA!

ETA - Never mind, after some initial confusion (not new for me, lol) I got Purple Player up and running and Daily Walk is loaded. Yay!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone, miracle miles, mobile workouts, periscope, purple player, streaming videos