Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-26-15, 09:54 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hurray, Marilyn! Tell us what you think of it when you do get it.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-15, 10:03 AM  
Denise B
VF Supporter

if I was just starting out, the fp step would be ideal. But I already have the FL, Step Co step, Transfirmer and Zip Trainer. I'm even thinking getting rid of the Transfirmer because I rarely use it.
Denise B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-15, 10:18 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

For hover squats, I use a chair. I don't want to go any lower than that. I got rid of my fanny lifter long ago, and use my high step, with no more than 4 risers for leg press. This new item would have been ideal years ago, but I'm not buying another step.
Old 04-27-15, 03:08 PM  
Sandrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
You who use the High Step are totally satisfied with the stability and durability, correct? The ribbing could be uncomfortable to sit on but a piece of yoga mat trimmed to fit should take care of that. The seated sequences I do with clients vary from 5-15 minutes. Do you think the Step Co. high step would work for this purpose?
Hi, Lannette,
Very satisfied with stability and durability of the high step. I like it's versatility and ease of switching between heights--it's easy to securely and quickly seat the top on the risers, and the risers on each other. And I agree with Gina, above; I don't think that your clients will find it uncomfortable for seating sequences at all. The ribbing on the surface is pronounced enough to prevent sliding, should you happen to step near the edge of the surface, but not so much as to be uncomfortable to sit on. Also, the 2-inch increments of the risers might suit your purpose very nicely, accommodating varying heights of clients.

Hth,
Sandrine
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-15, 03:20 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
I think this new Firm adjustable box is a great idea, but for those of us who have the High Step topper with a bunch of risers, we really have the same thing that's probably easier to adjust. I'm so glad I bought my original Step Co. step in 1990 or so, which I still have, and my High Step topper, which came with the extra risers. I use them both all the time.

Sue
+1. Fast to adjust, lightweight (I've been known to Frisbee/skid risers across the carpet if I need them out of the way), washable, sturdy, durable....one of my best fitness purchases ever.

Last edited by athompson10; 04-27-15 at 03:20 PM. Reason: clarity
athompson10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-15, 04:04 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Can you imagine how much excitement there would have been over this, back in the day?
Ha! Indeed! I still love my old wood 14" step. I use it all the time. This winter it held my sons' humidifier.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-15, 07:47 AM  
Lannette

Thanks to everyone who took the time share their satisfaction with the high step topper.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-15, 07:50 AM  
horusosiris

I also that the High Step with risers is a better option and cheaper than the new Fitprime Step
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-15, 09:37 PM  
Marilyn

OK, I made some money on ebay--gonna order tomorrow. I will keep you posted. Of course, I neglected to mention that I messed up my knee doing the Barre3 challenge in December and was so mad, I traded all my barre workouts and went back to only the Firm, swimming and physical therapy. Just found out I have 3 torn miscus in my left knee. So this box is positive thinking and looking to the future for me. But should I need a repair, (which I think I will) the lower heights will be great.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-15, 08:47 PM  
Marilyn

Update re: Fitprime Tall Box

Sorry for the delayed response as far as the tall box!! I cancelled my order because my knee surgery was cancelled (as I lay on the gurnee with my IV in my arm and my surgery cap on my head, seconds from having anesthesia put in the IV, due to a small cut on my knee !!! ) I had to wait until the end of August due to my job as a day camp nurse. Anyway, I am better. Not enough to be tall stepping on a 14 inch box much less a 17 inch one. But I decided to reorder the Fitprime Tall Box, because that height will be good for lat rows and hover squats. I will let you know my thoughts.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanny lifter, fitprime tall box, wooden step