Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-14, 09:21 AM  
gladgirl

These sound amazing! Thank you for the wonderful, enabling reviews!

How much space do you need and what type of equipment, if any, is necessary?
Did most of you get the basic or the deluxe set?
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 09:59 AM  
lexybeth1

I love these workouts!! I did the align instructional night before last, and learned a couple new moves I had never done!! Worked up a slight sweat, and well, the moves just felt great! I did the lower body, following along with the rotation, last night, and although it was only 20 minutes long, I felt like I got a decent workout! Going deeper in the moves as she asks, seemed to really increase it for me, and it just felt great! I loveee the music and Chalenes demeanor! Idk, I think music sounds like an alternative pop rock type, and I loved it! It fit just right with her version of the moves to me, of course I love Chalene! I am currently in my 4th week of clx also, and I agree that these workouts seem to feel just right as an add on to clx! Some mentioned music level, but to me, the level is perfectly fit to the type of workout, just loud enough to hear, but quiet enough for a piyo type workout, and it just all felt great to me, and I am looking forward to more!! So glad I ordered these!
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 09:59 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
These sound amazing! Thank you for the wonderful, enabling reviews!

How much space do you need and what type of equipment, if any, is necessary?
Did most of you get the basic or the deluxe set?
I got the Basic set and purchased the Strength ones separately.

Cheryl
Old 06-27-14, 10:04 AM  
Vee

I ordered the basic set after much deliberation. Mainly because the deluxe box is likely to be big due to the yoga mat that I don't need and therefore more likely to attract attention and get held up at Customs when they get delivered overseas.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 10:14 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
I ordered the basic set after much deliberation. Mainly because the deluxe box is likely to be big due to the yoga mat that I don't need and therefore more likely to attract attention and get held up at Customs when they get delivered overseas.
I think you made a wise decision. The Deluxe box is indeed huge because of the yoga mat. Not only would this increase shipping costs and customs issues, BB does not "stuff" the box so everything is flopping around loosely which can increase risk of disk damage. You can always order the PiYo Strength DVD separately - the two workouts look really excellent but at $30 they are not cheap...
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 11:17 AM  
lorajc

I did Sweat as my first workout and i wasn't that enthused....thought it was a bit easier than I anticipated...today is a weight day for me so i will try one of the strength workouts. I do follow the modifier somewhat but not totally, as i workout around disc problems both lower and upper....my heart rate did not elevate that high but maybe I just need to get the moves down so i can put my ALL into it.....as I'm a firm believer that you get out what you put into a workout so that could be the problem. I didn't think it was like but I now that I did it. I c:-) ant really compare it to anything I have......except an amped up yoga/Pilates fusion.....exactly what its supposed to be....I didn't even notice the music ...will have to pay attention today.

Oh and i did add on another workout after this, as this was only a half hour.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 11:30 AM  
PhyllisG

I posted on the other thread. I did UB Define this a.m and was disappointed. I found it not challenging, slow, too short and boring. I will try all of them before I decide but I will not keep this set for just 2 or 3 workouts. I liked Chalene tho and I usually find her too loud and annoying.
I had done P57 arm and ab booster prior to Piyo and tacked UB on just to check it out.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 12:50 PM  
catcrazy

Not sure why, because I work my glutes all the time, but for some reason after doing Drench yesterday my butt cheeks are fried!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 01:30 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
Not sure why, because I work my glutes all the time, but for some reason after doing Drench yesterday my butt cheeks are fried!
awesome! I have a slightly sore butt from the buns one yesterday. I ldid Drench today and I love sore glutes!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 01:40 PM  
NorthernStar

I have done Sweat and Lower Body: Define so far. I really enjoyed both. The LB workout was not terribly difficult, it seems like a good introduction to the types of moves used in Piyo and something to build on. There are squats, plies, a sun sal-type sequence and a warrior series which I particularly enjoyed. I find three-legged dog/high split to be difficult, but this is exactly why I bought this series. I am really looking to build up my core and upper body strength.

I will check out Upper Body: Define later today.

After doing Sweat I noticed my wrists were really sore. I think this is just a bit of DOMS as I build up strength. It bugs me that my wrists are usually the first to give out it any pose I'm holding on the floor, but again this is where I need to improve.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalene johnson, mirror cueing yoga, piyo, piyo reviews