Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-12, 12:05 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

Yeah, I wish instructors would understand that we buy workouts for many reasons and we might find their commentary about our "sexiness" intrusive and presumptuous.

I'd dislike someone in person coaching me how to be or look sexy.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 12:15 PM  
sjazz78

I have to admit, i do really like the looks of this workout but the title I'm not so cool with. Too bad. I will still probably order this though.
Hopefully she will listen to her customers and possibly change the title. I really think she could have thought of a better title. Too many creative options without havingto go there.
Old 07-25-12, 12:50 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane View Post
Her explanation of a what "bedroom body" is doesn't make any sense at all. She also says this is the first in her "bedroom body" series. I can't get past the title. It is so silly/awful that I will pass on these even if they are good workouts.
I wonder if the next Bedroom Body workout will feature the Shake Weight...
Old 07-25-12, 12:51 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G. View Post
Yeah, I wish instructors would understand that we buy workouts for many reasons and we might find their commentary about our "sexiness" intrusive and presumptuous.

I'd dislike someone in person coaching me how to be or look sexy.
I think they also fail to realize that even when a person's goal is to have a sexier body, after they've done the workout 25 times, those cute little "sexy" comments get really old.
Old 07-25-12, 12:51 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I wonder if the next Bedroom Body workout will feature the Shake Weight...
Hey now...LOL!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 12:52 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I think they also fail to realize that even when a person's goal is to have a sexier body, after they've done the workout 25 times, those cute little "sexy" comments get really old.
Exactly. I wish instructors would realize this and think about what they say--whatever it is--and how often they say it!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Old 07-25-12, 01:03 PM  
Judy W.

Since pelvic floor exercises are featured, I suspect that improving the quality of certain bedroom experiences MAY be one of the goals of this workout! Anna Benson, after all, sold "smart bells" designed to do the same thing. So the title might be perfectly apt!

And pelvic floor muscles are not targeted in too many workouts, yet keeping them toned can prevent incontinence as well as add to the quality of ... er, well, you know where I'm going.

So, why not?
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 01:06 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

So many instructors fail to realize that their audience members aren't a bunch of ditsy Playmate wannabes. We're accomplished women. And if the VF demographic is any indication, the major audience for home workouts seems to be late 30s and above., with the largest skew in our 40s.
http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/sho...d.php?t=174646

Somehow too, an instructor's "sexy" comments remind me of that humorously condescending song from the musical Wicked, "Popular."
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 01:07 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy W. View Post
Since pelvic floor exercises are featured, I suspect that improving the quality of certain bedroom experiences MAY be one of the goals of this workout! Anna Benson, after all, sold "smart bells" designed to do the same thing. So the title might be perfectly apt!
They're called smart BALLS, actually, and Fitness Favorites still sells them...

Old 07-25-12, 01:22 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I completely get her explanation of the bedroom body thing, and it isn't even sexual particularly (although it sounds that way.) I don't care for the name but I do LOVE her mindset about fitness, that it's about doing it for YOURSELF and not for someone else, and about feeling good about being FIT, not necessarily about being skinny. I really liked her little blurb and it made perfect sense to me, mostly because I feel the same way, that fitness is about feeling good and taking pride in yourself FOR yourself, not so much about looking exactly one way.

If she were to change the name, I'd recommend something like "For Yourself Fitness" or something. I don't know, maybe that is lame, but it get the idea across. Bedroom Body sounds better, being all alliterative and all, but it's open to misinterpretation for sure.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angie miller, bedroom body, get sexy, michael carson, titles, workout titles