Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-12, 03:28 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Maybe it has something to do with the trademark and Gaiam acquired the Transfirmer trademark, but not the Fanny Lifter trademark or something. Now they've redesigned the Fanny Lifter, but can't market it under that name?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 03:40 PM  
Carol K

A few years ago, they were selling the Fanny Lifter in the Firm Store under the name Body Trainer. I don't know why they couldn't have kept that name. Also, the Fanny Lifter was a GT trademark and GT is now a division of Gaiam.
Old 02-07-12, 09:29 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieG View Post
Yes, the Transfirmer can be used for any FIRM w/o that requires a short, tall, or slanted box - - - so, shop away!

Suzie, I too adore your shoes.
Each time I see them I think "There's no place like home".
BTW, do you step dance? I'm green with envy.
Hi everyone,
LOL, thanks for all the shoe compliments. I just love red shoes. In fact these days I'm wearing red boots. :-) I don't step dance, I just wear the shoes.

Yes, when I saw that Transfirmer on the site, I thought it was the "real" transfirmer so I was dissapointed. But now I'm glad I shelled out the cash for the transfirmer. I managed to stock up on some of the DVDs for dirt cheap on Amazon market place (about 2-3$ a DVD, so i guess it evens out that way).
Can't wait to get started!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 01:36 PM  
SuzieC

Hello all,
Just wanted to check in here again. I received my Transfirmer on Thursday and have done 3 workouts so far (super charged sculpting, jiggle free abs, and aerobic body shaping).
I'm so happy with these, and I love the Transfirmer!
Old 02-20-12, 04:09 PM  
juberann

WOW that is pricey shipping!! but you did buy a great product, I love my TransFIRMer and would never part with it. It's awesome as a weight bench with other non-FIRM workouts. I love the TransFIRMer workout with Allie (Aerobic Body Shaping??? I think that's the title but not positive). The only reason I don't do it anymore is because it is a long workout (almost an hour) and has no premixes or shorter options. But it is still one of my all-time favorites

Enjoy your TransFIRMer, I bet you will love it
Old 02-20-12, 04:21 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
WOW that is pricey shipping!! but you did buy a great product, I love my TransFIRMer and would never part with it. It's awesome as a weight bench with other non-FIRM workouts. I love the TransFIRMer workout with Allie (Aerobic Body Shaping??? I think that's the title but not positive). The only reason I don't do it anymore is because it is a long workout (almost an hour) and has no premixes or shorter options. But it is still one of my all-time favorites

Enjoy your TransFIRMer, I bet you will love it
I love my transfirmer too! When I want to use it, I use the Jiggle Free Series as well as Supercharged Sculpting as those are shorter. 2 other good ones are Complete Body Sculpting and Total Muscle Shaping from BSS3 (Death Box Series). They clock in at 51 and 50 minutes respectively so while they're not exactly short, it's less than the 60 minute workouts from BSS 1 & 2. But then again, the other workouts in the TransFirmer Series are bwt 50-60 minutes so that doesn't save anytime then does it?

But I will say though that is one thing I loved about the Wave- they included premix options for shorter workouts. I hope we can get some TransFirmer type workouts in the future with longer and shorter premix options.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 04:41 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
...2 other good ones are Complete Body Sculpting and Total Muscle Shaping from BSS3 (Death Box Series).
Death Box Series. LOL! They should rename those DVDs on the Firm Direct Web Site.
Old 02-20-12, 04:57 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
But I will say though that is one thing I loved about the Wave- they included premix options for shorter workouts.
And those workouts are all ready short, even without the pre-mixes.
Old 02-20-12, 05:03 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
And those workouts are all ready short, even without the pre-mixes.
And another reason to love them! But if The Firm included more premix options, that would help. They did that with some of the later Pinks as well.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 11:15 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I use the Firm "fanny lifter" -- that ugly purple/blue thing -- all the time, even though I own a much more aesthetically pleasing high step. Definitely one of my best fitness purchases of all time.
totally agree with this. Have and use the transfirmer but the fanny lifter is also one of my best fitness purchases ever. Very versatile and very sturdy. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I've gotten my money's worth 100 times over.

Tags
fanny lifter, firm, firm deathbox, transfirmer, transfirmer workouts