Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-12, 09:29 AM  
SuzieC

Transfirmer or fanny lifter?

Hi all,
OK, I know these systems are super old, but I'm not yet sure whether the new firms would work for me.

I have the option right now to secure a used transfirmer for about 140$ USD (with shipping included, but no workouts), and I would like some opinions about whether I should bite the bullet and get this. It's the one with the two separate boxes, not the one referred to as the Death Box.

Years ago, I really saw results with The Firm. My all time faves are the Total Body Fat Blaster with Allie Del Rio and I really loved Cardio Split.

I want something a bit more modern, and a lot of people like the transfirmer system. These workouts wouldn't work with the standard Fanny lifter?

I do have a standard gym step (the green platform with the pink risers), but i don't think those would work for the transfirmer DVDs, right?

I can get the DVDs from Firm direct, but they don't seem to be selling the transfirmer...

I'd love to hear some different opinions on this.

Thanks!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 09:35 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Transfirmer! It will work with all the workouts.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 09:48 AM  
Kesal

Transfirmer!

I got rid of my Fanny Lifter after I got the Transfirmer set (no, you can't do BSS 3 or BSS 4 with the Fanny Lifter). I have no problem using it for any of the earlier Firm workouts, and I also use it for other step workouts. It's very versatile.

$140 seems pretty high, though. I just did a search, and there's an ebay "buy it now" for about $80 with shipping and a couple dvds, or an auction that ends later today where the bidding is only at $8.50 so far, or for $109 on Amazon, also with dvds.

Maybe look at those, or see if you can get the seller to lower the price on the one you're looking at?
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 10:02 AM  
SuzieC

LOL, all it took was two replies and I've purchased my Transfirmer!
Now, where do I get DVDs? I'd like to do a rotation. Is there a calendar somewhere? And which DVDs should I get? Wheee!
I will be supplementing this with some Kangoo cardio :-)
Old 02-03-12, 10:05 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Definitely a Transfirmer, but definitely NOT for $140 !
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 10:26 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
And which DVDs should I get?
Aerobic Body Shaping, Ultimate Calorie Blaster, Supercharged Sculpting, Jiggle Free Buns, Jiggle Free Abs, and Jiggle Free Arms all use the TransFirmer.

The death box workouts also work well with the TransFirmer: Complete Body Sculpting, Total Muscle Shaping, Fat Blasting Cardio, Express Cardio and Advanced Cardio Blast.
Old 02-03-12, 11:08 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Aerobic Body Shaping, Ultimate Calorie Blaster, Supercharged Sculpting, Jiggle Free Buns, Jiggle Free Abs, and Jiggle Free Arms all use the TransFirmer.

The death box workouts also work well with the TransFirmer: Complete Body Sculpting, Total Muscle Shaping, Fat Blasting Cardio, Express Cardio and Advanced Cardio Blast.
Wow awesome! Thanks for the list!
Is there anywhere I can download a rotation? I'm a fan of rotations and systems :-)
Old 02-03-12, 12:21 PM  
Carol K

I think they are all in the Firm Compendium. Does anyone have a link to that?
Old 02-03-12, 12:21 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Definitely a Transfirmer, but definitely NOT for $140 !
I put mine in the basement a few years ago .... $140? Guess I'll hold on to it now!

I use the Firm "fanny lifter" -- that ugly purple/blue thing -- all the time, even though I own a much more aesthetically pleasing high step. Definitely one of my best fitness purchases of all time.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 12:23 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I put mine in the basement a few years ago .... $140? Guess I'll hold on to it now!

I use the Firm "fanny lifter" -- that ugly purple/blue thing -- all the time, even though I own a much more aesthetically pleasing high step. Definitely one of my best fitness purchases of all time.
Yes, hold on to it. Who knows what you will be able to get for it a year from now.

Actually it was eighty something dollars, but shipping to canada was pricy.

Tags
fanny lifter, firm, firm deathbox, transfirmer, transfirmer workouts