Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-17-23, 02:23 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I would probably suggest just trying Epic 1 and seeing how it goes.
Your entire reply is so helpful. Thank you. I'm saving it for reference, and plan to start Epic 1 very soon. Before reading your reply, I was considering starting with the Iron series. So thank you for taking the time to get back to me!
Old 03-17-23, 02:27 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Also wanted to thank cjayd for the detailed thoughts on the various CG series! So helpful! I probably won’t start another CG rotation until after STS but I might do one of the Epics instead of Iron.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 02:09 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

You’re all quite welcome. I hope you’re able to achieve the results you’re looking for. I also purchased Cathe’s STS and am looking forward to giving it a try when it gets here too.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 05:45 AM  
walkrtalkr

I am trying CG Fuel. Really looking for a toning weight routine.
walkrtalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 12:43 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Caroline has something for everyone!

I am very late to the Caroline party, having just discovered her late last year. I have completed:

Iron
Tempo
Fuel
Beastmode (currently in my second week).

I have to say, I love all of them so far.

Fuel was more metabolic than Iron, but I thought Iron left lots of room/energy for my own cardio. Fuel kicked up my cardio capacity a notch or two for sure.

Tempo is one week, and Beastmode is 2 weeks, however I can see the value in repeating them immediately to gauge progress.

I think Epic III may be next for me depending on when STS 2.0 is released. I am looking forward to see how Cathe schedules them for use in rotations.

With Caroline, I am lifting heavier than ever, and feeling efficient in my workouts.
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 03:33 PM  
ChelePA

Cjayd … great reviews!

Where did you hear or see that she’s not putting anything new out? Everyone on Facebook is concerned about her since there’s been no news.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 04:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Cjayd … great reviews!

Where did you hear or see that she’s not putting anything new out? Everyone on Facebook is concerned about her since there’s been no news.
I could be wrong, but I *think* cjayd said that because it’s been quite awhile since Caroline has put anything new out—hence the word “apparently” in the post. Obviously cjayd will correct me if I’ve misinterpreted what she meant.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-23, 04:54 PM  
Negin

I wish that Caroline had a playlist of all her workouts that don't have push-ups i them. I loathe push-ups.
Old 03-24-23, 05:00 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Just do a few push-ups and then switch to chest presses to work those muscles. Over time you can add in a few more at a time always finishing with the presses. That way you can gradually get stronger. Remember you don't have to do a ton of 'em. Working up to 10 or 12 is just fine.
Old 03-26-23, 05:49 AM  
Negin

Thanks for the tip and for your encouragement, Jane.

Tags
caroline girvan, dumbbell size, egg weights, kaleigh cohen, miriam nelson, results, strength training, weight lifting, weights