Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-22, 05:29 AM  
Dabbadooey

Recs for a Firm tall box and short box..

I'm using my old Firms again after quite some time, and I no longer have the original boxes. What can I use to substitute? I looked on Amazon, and I don't know what would work.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 06:17 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I used to use plastic step stools, two or three stacked to make it very sturdy. I don't remember the brand, but it worked like a charm. Oh, Rubbermaid!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 10:05 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

"Step co. step" risers with a topper will work. you could add or subtract risers as needed for short or tall heights.

Like Joni, I used a plastic Rubbermaid toolbox. at the time, i had a regular-sized step co. step and used the top as my short box. you could probably use any step brand and use the narrow end of the step.

since BSS1, i've used my FL which can stack/unstack for tall/short heights. i see FLs in the thrift stores every so often and also on Craigslist.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 02:10 PM  
kat999

You may actually have good luck finding a used Fanny Lifter somewhere, and that can be used for even the original volumes 1-6 tall and short boxes. Barring that, you could look for a Wave, which can be substituted (carefully) for the short box.
Old 06-27-22, 09:22 PM  
fatkat555

eBay might have old Firm boxes. I think they have the TransFirmer.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 01:25 PM  
Dabbadooey

All of the Firm equipment on ebay is exorbitantly expensive.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 04:30 PM  
Sissy B

Personally I would get a High Step Topper & risers. It gives you more options for adjusting the height. I know when The FIRM BSS came out they said the Fanny Lifter was the perfect height, but the heights never worked for me.

It is available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Step-High-Aer...0007OWSVS?th=1

Walmart also sells it.

Cathe also sells just the topper if you already have risers.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 05:26 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
Personally I would get a High Step Topper & risers. It gives you more options for adjusting the height. I know when The FIRM BSS came out they said the Fanny Lifter was the perfect height, but the heights never worked for me.

Walmart also sells it.

I agree with this. I bought mine in 2007 or 2008 and I personally like this better than any of the boxes that the Firm ever came out with. One of the best fitness purchases I have ever made for sure.

Also agree with the height answer too, Firm always recommended 14 inches which I did for years, I was much more comfortable going down to 12 inches initially, then down to 10 inches which is the highest I will go for tall box work now.

I am now having issues with my hips, etc. I can't help but wonder if using too tall of a box may have contributed to it. If only I would have known back then.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 07:32 PM  
Floren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post

Walmart also sells it.

This is what I use too.
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanny lifter, high step, short box, tall box