Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-22, 06:13 PM  
TinaT

More great suggestions, thank you ladies.

Jeannine... I forgot about Tracie's Longevities. I have most of them. I also have most of the Fitprime/Kickbutts. I think by the time I get all my orders in... added to what I forgot I had... I should have a variety of doable workouts to choose from. LOL
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 01:51 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I ended up ordering PowerFit Harmony from Ebay, I received the other day and did two of the workouts today. I really liked it. Now I realize these are beginner but I am at that level again and need to work up to my previous level which will take a while most likely.

It felt really nice to just move again, so if these get me moving and back to a regular routine then they were worth the money. I had this set before 10 years ago but sold it, I don't even remember if I did any of the workouts to be honest. These appeal to the older me for sure where they might not have back then. Where my Firms appealed to the younger me but may not be the most suitable for the older me, I guess we will have to see.

I liked working with the bands too, I am going to keep doing these this week. I should have the original PowerFit set in the next day or so. Stephanie was my favorite Firm instructor so I am glad to have picked these up.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 02:36 PM  
TinaT

Taramisu ~ I'm glad you're finding purpose for them. I feel the same way. I have even considered replacing the bands with weights as I progress. It's nice to give myself permission of just 20 mins, but if I want more, I can add another one on.

I am only 57 yrs old, but feel so much older since having 2 rounds of covid in the last 2 years. I never thought I'd feel like this in my 50's.

I'm so glad you chose to workout with PowerFit. It motivates me to keep going.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 09:43 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Taramisu ~ I'm glad you're finding purpose for them. I feel the same way. I have even considered replacing the bands with weights as I progress. It's nice to give myself permission of just 20 mins, but if I want more, I can add another one on.

I am only 57 yrs old, but feel so much older since having 2 rounds of covid in the last 2 years. I never thought I'd feel like this in my 50's.

I'm so glad you chose to workout with PowerFit. It motivates me to keep going.
Yes...I am very glad to have these again. While it's difficult to admit it, I am to the point right now where I just need simpler. The workouts I did long ago I don't know if I will return to because I am at a different place in life, I am older (just turned 49) and I am battling injuries.

The hope is that I will get back to the level I used to be even 6-8 months ago but it's going to be a big mountain to climb, and to be honest I don't know if I want to reaggravate anything either.

But it could be because I think that I won't be able to do some of things that I used to do again, based on how I am feeling right now, but I don't know that for sure. It will take a while to get there.

For now though, Powerfit fits the bill. I like working with the bands too where before I wasn't that crazy about them. I guess things do change sometimes.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 08:04 AM  
donnamp

Tina - I'm so sorry you have had COVID 2X - that stinks.

Jessica Valent posted a new video today to help w/ breathing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo6BS6FkRZA

In her newsletter she mentioned that after she had pneumonia her lungs were never quite right.

I hope that you regain your strength and energy.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 09:22 AM  
donnamp

Another Option - Tina - maybe check out CocoLime Fitness - she does workouts for people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, fibro, etc. All of which I think are potential side effects from COVID.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanny lifter, firm 6 pack, powerfit, powerfit harmony, restarting