Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-29-21, 04:51 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think one of the bonus sections of a workout from her was a tour of her house, which turned me off. Did I imagine that?
I can imagine you did see that. I believe one of the beginning b-roll footage or ending of a CLX bonus dvd about eating makeovers has images of big house and pool. I understand that there is nothing wrong with having that. I'm sure she worked for it and earned it.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 04:54 PM  
donnamp

I think at the end of the day she is a successful saleswoman- people bought her stuff - myself included - even though I didn't particularly "like" her - probably should have avoided that bonus content on the TJ videos!

I had never listened or watched any of her other videos/content prior to the one I watched a few days ago - so I don't know what her prior content was all about.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 05:00 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I would like to hear this Podcast or interview.

does anyone have a link so I can look, hear, see what she had to say and her ending it with Beachbody? please.

I didn't do any of her workouts because that was not my preferred method of exercise, but I like a come clean story.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 05:07 PM  
donnamp

It is on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TApRCXWBr7s
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 05:13 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
thank you going to view now.

~~~Cheryl

Old 07-29-21, 05:34 PM  
sherry7899

She earned it. I just did not get the point of showing it on an exercise DVD.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 06:17 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
She earned it. I just did not get the point of showing it on an exercise DVD.
i literally thought that too!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 06:29 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I think at the end of the day she is a successful saleswoman- people bought her stuff - myself included - even though I didn't particularly "like" her - probably should have avoided that bonus content on the TJ videos!

I had never listened or watched any of her other videos/content prior to the one I watched a few days ago - so I don't know what her prior content was all about.

Donna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I guess I have a slightly different take. Her story has changed somewhat over time. I have heard her talk on this before and caught the recent video last week or so. I listened to a few of her podcasts in her heyday as well. She has always come off as very shallow and it seems that BB, age etc finally kicked her out of the ability to do that for a living. It doesn't erase the fact that she did willingly put out a facade of health while doing extreme/less healthy things to maintain that. So she knowingly sold a bit of a lie to us. I wonder if she is mostly shilling for what she is doing now. I have little doubt that she would still be willing to go back if it was an option.

I do hope I'm wrong and that she she has grown. We have a right to mature. And I like the comment about "cool girls having insecurities". It interprets it in a more kind light than I can muster. I think there is a lot of pressure on women in fitness, especially when there is a lot of money to be made with the right "look". But I get tired of all these "heart felt confessions" only after these folks have been ejected for age etc and have no choice but to find a new angle. I think it was her past podcasts that really influenced my thinking on this--such a huge focus on money, physical appearance, materialism.
I'm not sure what to make of it myself. It does seem like perfect timing if she can no longer produce commercial workouts for Beachbody. I agree, she is an expert business woman and knows how to sell just about anything. I remember finding her motivating when I listened to her DVD's that came with her book on setting goals and I really got some inspiration from that. I've enjoyed CLX, Turbo Jam, and Turbo Fire. I personally, have never given much thought to the instructor's appearance as I know they most likely do some kind of shred before a video shoot.
Old 07-29-21, 06:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
Interesting video on YouTube with Charlene explaining why she left Beachbody and fitness. (Don't know if she left forever or I'd taking a breather).
sorry Jackie, but could you edit the title of this thread so that Chalene's name is corrected? thanks - someone started another thread and people were getting confused.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 06:58 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
sorry Jackie, but could you edit the title of this thread so that Chalene's name is corrected? thanks - someone started another thread and people were getting confused.
How are they getting confused. ? Same lady they are talking about right? The Piyo lady?

~~~Cheryl

Tags
beachbody, chalene johnson, instructors, instructors appearance, piyo, powder blue