Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-12, 09:49 AM  
Sara1000

Smile Wow, the FL "signature move" IS lifting my fanny!

I have been doing a LOT of step ups on the 14 inch Transfirmer (same as doing it on the Fanny Lifter) because I am doing workouts where the objective is to raise your HR to a certain amount for a short time (P.A.C.E.) and I substitute step ups for the jumping moves.

Today I looked in the mirror while doing biceps curls and saw that my butt looked pretty rounded - turned around to check if it was rounded on the left side, which tends to be flatter, and it was!

I do work on squeezing my glutes at the top and often reach back with the free leg in a barre like move.

I'm pretty happy because these have gotten pretty easy for me, yet still raise my HR nicely, and I find barre glute work, while effective, rather tedious and painful.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 10:15 AM  
Sharaz

Congrats! We do need to concentrate on Squeezing the butt during glutes or legs exercises. Is very important. I love step ups
Old 06-24-12, 11:23 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Congrats! Step-ups are great for legs and glutes.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 11:32 AM  
princess76

Hooray!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 07:52 AM  
Ann1964

I will be looking for my fanny lifter or transfimer now. I need my booty to POP.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 08:08 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I have been doing a LOT of step ups on the 14 inch Transfirmer (same as doing it on the Fanny Lifter) because I am doing workouts where the objective is to raise your HR to a certain amount for a short time (P.A.C.E.) and I substitute step ups for the jumping moves.

Today I looked in the mirror while doing biceps curls and saw that my butt looked pretty rounded - turned around to check if it was rounded on the left side, which tends to be flatter, and it was!

I do work on squeezing my glutes at the top and often reach back with the free leg in a barre like move.

I'm pretty happy because these have gotten pretty easy for me, yet still raise my HR nicely, and I find barre glute work, while effective, rather tedious and painful.
Oh, good idea! I have to remember to do that next time I do step ups/leg presses!
Old 06-25-12, 08:30 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I have been doing a LOT of step ups on the 14 inch Transfirmer (same as doing it on the Fanny Lifter) because I am doing workouts where the objective is to raise your HR to a certain amount for a short time (P.A.C.E.)
Sara, congratulations on your results! Are you using the PACE Express DVDs by any chance and, if so, what do you think of them?? Thanks!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 09:19 AM  
fitmiller

I just bought a Cathe high step a week ago, and re-aquired High Step Training, High Step Challenge, Fitprime Fast Cheetah, Steamin' Cardio and a couple of others. I think nothing works those glutes and the whole leg for that matter than step-ups. They certainly get your heart rate up too, and I'm really enjoying revisiting those old workouts!
fitmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 12:28 PM  
Kellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmiller View Post
I just bought a Cathe high step a week ago, and re-aquired High Step Training, High Step Challenge, Fitprime Fast Cheetah, Steamin' Cardio and a couple of others. I think nothing works those glutes and the whole leg for that matter than step-ups. They certainly get your heart rate up too, and I'm really enjoying revisiting those old workouts!
High step training has always been a go-to for me. LOVE that one!
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 05:50 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Congrats! So you're doing PACE? What do you think of it??

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanny lifter, high step, step ups