Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-12, 12:15 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
totally agree with this. Have and use the transfirmer but the fanny lifter is also one of my best fitness purchases ever. Very versatile and very sturdy. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I've gotten my money's worth 100 times over.
I agree! Until I got my High Step I used my Fanny lifter all the time. The high step is a nice change for me though because 14 inches is hard on these knees of mine; 10-12 inches workout a lot better. But I will say though, the Fanny Lifter and BBS2 were my first loved and used inhome workouts (P90 was my first and hated it) and I could never part with my FL. My original was damaged during a move just before I got married so I quickly replaced it once things had settled down even though by that time I had already purchased the High Step. I don't need all of these step and firm boxes, but I love them and I can never part with my firm boxes, I'd spend $$$ in a heart beat if my TransFirmer ever bit the dust.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 01:11 PM  
KellyMarie65

Can you use a step in place of this?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 01:18 PM  
Kesal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
Can you use a step in place of this?
The Transfirmer can be configured at an incline, and the workouts use that a lot, as well as some use of the 6" and 8" parts side by side. You can get slanted risers for a club step, which seem like they'd work fine. But I think you'd have to modify the few segments that use the steps side by side. Probably not a big deal.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 01:20 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesal View Post
The Transfirmer can be configured at an incline, and the workouts use that a lot, as well as some use of the 6" and 8" parts side by side. You can get slanted risers for a club step, which seem like they'd work fine. But I think you'd have to modify the few segments that use the steps side by side. Probably not a big deal.
I can do the incline with my step, haven't seen how they use the side by side step. Do any clips show it being used?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 01:42 PM  
Kesal

Quote:
I can do the incline with my step, haven't seen how they use the side by side step. Do any clips show it being used?
I can't seem to find clips of the Transfirmer series. I particularly remember a move called "Hot Cross Buns" in "Jiggle Free Buns", though, where you cross your feet and move up both steps. And there are a few moves that make use of the way the lower part of the step sticks out in a "T" in the incline configuration.

If you stuck to the BSS3 "Box" workouts, you'd avoid any side-by-side step issues; they only use the incline.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 01:49 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
I can't find a clip but this pic shows it how it would appear during that movement pattern (Hott Crossed Buns). You step onto the 6 inch, then 8inch, and back down to the 6 or the floor- it's been a while since I've used that DVD.

http://naples.ebayclassifieds.com/sp...ge/?ad=4601751

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

Old 02-21-12, 01:51 PM  
Artist of Eyes

http://www.amazon.com/Firm-Superchar...9850245&sr=8-2

Here's a better pic. In fact her pose is the same move, HCBs, you side step up and cross the feet. That's probably as good of a description as we can find.

Here's part of the infomercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vlKRVpZOI

Old 02-21-12, 02:26 PM  
bethellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesal View Post
I have modified and yes - not a big deal.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanny lifter, firm, firm deathbox, transfirmer, transfirmer workouts