Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-21, 07:53 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I think, and I’m not positive, once Gaiam acquired the Firm they had the rights to the workouts and rereleased some under the other names causing lots of confusion among those who already knew the workouts under their original names. For whatever reason, they decided not to put the PrimePowers on dvd at that time. I believe FitnessFavorites was able to work out a deal where they can stream them and put out dvds. Again, not sure if my memory is correct on this.
That makes sense. I know they used to also sell a DVD version of the other PrimePowers workout but it's been out of stock for ages. It would be nice if they'd put it out one last time before (what I suspect is going on) they go fully digital-only.
Old 11-14-21, 04:38 PM  
Karla25

This morning was BSS Express Total Body Shaping with Pam Cauthen-Meriwether as lead instructor. Here's the preview link: BSS Express I've had this workout for well over 10 years, and haven't done it in at least that many years. I did it once (possibly twice) and felt it was too easy.

However; on today's revisit, I developed a new appreciation for it I liked the setting and music. It's different from other FIRMs that I've done since it only uses a sculpting stick. There's a lot to like in this sweet little 30 minute workout. I have three other dust bunny, sculpting stick workouts that I'm looking forward to doing now. It's almost like having 3 new workouts

I followed Pam's workout with a short Classical Stretch barre workout. Tonight I might do some yoga. Probably Erich Schiffmann's Backyard Series Beginning Yoga. I've tightened up a bit in the hips/hamstrings with all the pressure washing (and other chores) that I'm doing.
Old 11-14-21, 06:34 PM  
wendug

Today I did the Firm Fat Burning Cardio Toning with the resistance band. I have always liked this workout but wish it were a little bit longer!
I added on Calorie Burning Cardio (20 minutes) from Time Crunch Cardio and feel the 2 workouts together were a good combo.
Old 11-14-21, 10:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I've gotten behind with posting my workouts this past week. Just super busy, even for a few of the twenty minute PowerFits, lol!

From the Harmony set, I recently did (Sculpt) Strong Pull and Strong Push and liked them both. It surprised me the amount of legwork in the push workout. I also did the Sculpt Upper Body Blast and didn't quite feel like it was enough work for me, so added from Weight Watchers Stephanie's Upper Body segment and used dumbbells for this, which work well.

Also, got in a couple more Leslie walks, outdoor walk and some yard work, too!

These early nights and getting dark before 5pm, I'm not used to. Still not getting enough sleep. Glad to have Stephanie's workouts to turn to, in this case. No dread whatsoever!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 11:06 PM  
kat999

Today I did FIRM Parts Upper Body, which I used to have VHS, got rid of because I thought it was too hard (this was years ago), and only just recently found on DVD. It's neither as bad as I remembered nor as good as I hoped. But it does make for a challenging, very low- to no-cardio workout that focuses mostly on shoulders. All excerpted from the original classics.
Old 11-15-21, 12:32 PM  
psupam

Yesterday was Pam's Supercharged Sculpting; I haven't done it in ages and it is a good workout! Now I'm interested in the zip trainer after reading the other thread!
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 01:23 PM  
kat999

Today I did all five segments of Five-Day Stretch, as I needed something to help me recover from the Upper Body workout yesterday. Very relaxing!
Old 11-15-21, 06:20 PM  
wendug

The Firm- Fast & Firm Series Upper Body Sculpt

I found this on daily motion and had never done this firm workout before from the BSS2 set. I have never done a Firm workout from this instructor either. This might be the only one she leads. There are pros and cons to this workout, but I think the pros outweigh the cons. This workout uses the fanny lifter in new ways for tricep dips and pushups (so your hands are on different levels), which I found effective. It's a solid upper body workout (other than the unweighted "chest press" with your arms in a genie position. As with other Firm workouts with the stick, the stick is used unsuccessfully for the sake of using the stick. I couldn't feel much stretching with the stick so I just did my usual stretches without it. Luckily the stick isn't used too much in this workout and mostly uses dumbbells.
Old 11-15-21, 06:49 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupam View Post
Yesterday was Pam's Supercharged Sculpting; I haven't done it in ages and it is a good workout! Now I'm interested in the zip trainer after reading the other thread!
Lol. You've gotten me interested in Supercharged Sculpting after reading your post :-) VF'ers are so gifted at enabling each other. Pam is one of my favorite instructors. I don't have the Transfirmer box though.

This morning was Classical Stretch for the spine. Tonight was The Tortoise. I love the lower ab workout & the Charleston on this one.
Old 11-15-21, 06:51 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Today I did all five segments of Five-Day Stretch, as I needed something to help me recover from the Upper Body workout yesterday. Very relaxing!
As I get older I realize the importance of stretching and recovery. It makes a huge difference.

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm