Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-21-22, 04:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was just an outdoor hike at the MA Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary. There was a pair of swans (with baby) and I saw a turtle and chipmunk as well.

My course is on Nathaniel Hawthorne and we're reading his short stories in chronological order. Skipping some major (longer) works, like "the Scarlet Letter" and "the House of Seven Gables." We're reading four stories per week, and that's a lot to prepare for, with classroom discussions, study questions, and presentations, also. My mind is a bit overwhelmed and I don't catch things on the first read-thru. It's been a very long while since I've been in school, lol! The class only meets one day per week, but we have to have notes/study questions/comments emailed to instructor by Friday of each week. I took this class for the fun of it.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 07:35 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been so busy this week with work and other stuff that I've completely fallen off the Strong & Centered schedule. I had to go to the office on Monday so that messed up my schedule and I took yesterday off to take my niece to look at a college so I haven't done any workouts. The college was up on a hill and there was A LOT of incline walking and steps, so that counts as a workout!

I have an early work meeting today so I did a quick 20 minute Rosalie Brown TG workout and will try to get back on the Strong & Centered schedule tomorrow. I'm thinking I might just go back and start at the beginning.

Sherry, Glad to hear you're seeing some improvement!

Pam, I've had kidney stones and they are no fun. I hope your DH is able to pass it on his own.

Donna, I like you idea of doing Jessica every other day. Maybe I should do the same. Even when I work from home, it's tough to fit in a workout that is almost an hour, so I'm thinking I will follow the schedule but sub the longer workouts for something similar but shorter those days. Hmmm...
Old 06-22-22, 07:22 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I am late posting today - got sidetracked this morning - we had to have our hot water heater replaced. UGH. Anyway, whoever buys my house will never have to worry about the plumbing - everything has been replaced!

So, for today it was an interval cardio on Jessica's rotation along w/ her Pilates abs. I did:

Kathy Smith -Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning - a retro workout from the '90's!
I remember when I could do the high impact versions, LOL!

Then, after work I did:

Jessica Valent - 10 Min Thoracic Mobility Practice - this was a good one and it really hit the spot. I think limited range of motion in my thoracic spine contributes to a lot of my back pain and I think that may be the "magic" of CS - there is a lot of work through that part of the body in CS/Essentrics...

Trifecta Pilates - Pilates Lower Body Flow - From the beginners calendar, 15 min.

Pam - the class sounds interesting!

wishiwasinhawaii - I struggle with the longer workouts, too. While I love working from home, I do admit it has made me somewhat lazy with some things - exercise, eating right, etc. when I went to the office I was more organized about getting my workout in and meal prep. But WFH has made me a bit lazy. I also think that I am lazier b/c I don't have to worry about prepping things for my DD or running her around after work/school. I do want to at least get better w/ eating - I tend not to plan and "graze" all day or not eat and then become ravenous and make bad choices. Oh well. It is still worth it to work from home. I got my 100% telework approved for my new job. I may still have to go in for meetings and such but pretty much everything is home based. I think an every other day or 3x a week schedule may work for me w/ Jessica's new set. It will allow me to also fit in some other things, etc.

Sherry - How are things going?

waves, Liz!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 07:39 PM  
Leonana

Donna ups and downs.

I upped my nerve med and it worked, I had little pain today. But developed a swollen tongue which is an allergic reaction. So I had to go off of it. It also regulated my moods. So that was disappointing to say the least. So I will probably have to try another one once this one is out of my system. But I enjoyed a pain free day today.

Still can’t wear my mouth guards. It irritates my nerve too much. I probably could if I had stayed on the med. But my TMJ doc is doing his best. I go back Monday for another adjustment. I do like him he’s better than the last one.

I started my anti anxiety med today. I will need it now that I don’t have the other med. it takes a couple of weeks to see an effect, 4-6 for full effect.

I have an appointment for Botox Friday with my Neuro DO on Friday. It helps to relieve the pain from grinding for many people and might relieve my nerve pain. Takes a week or two to see an effect.

I will probably have to try another med. It takes time to figure it all out. It’s a process!
Old 06-23-22, 07:04 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

No workout yesterday. We were in the hospital (DH kidney stone) early at 3:30AM and there was a SIX hour wait in the waiting room! So, we drove home for a bit, and then came back again a few hours later. DH paced around again and we left after a bit, to go to another hospital. The main hospital (downtown) had a four hour wait. Again went home so DH could sit in the tub and try to relieve some of the pressure. He'd also taken a hot shower. He tried to lay down and rest before we drove back to the hospital. Of course, by this point they had called his name (earlier than the six hours we'd been told!) So, we waited another hour before he was called. He finally got in to see a doctor and they did an MRI and gave him some drugs. We went to get prescriptions filled and he has a 3mm stone that he hopes will pass at home in the next 3 days, before he's out of pain meds. So we were both exhausted and went to bed early last night at 9pm.

I normally have my scheduled hike today, but we are renting kayaks and doing that instead. So, that should be fun! I might try to get a short walk in, if I can.

Current Rotation:
Old 06-23-22, 08:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a rest/stretch day on Jessica's program so I did:

Essentrics - Beginner Strength Workout - Live from 6/15

I really need to keep Essentrics in the mix - It helps so much w/ my mobility - it is just a challenge b/c there are only so many hours in the day and too many workouts to choose from. I guess that is a good problem to have.

Pam - UGH. I hope your DH feels better soon, that sounds just exhausting.

Sherry - OMG - I hope the Botox works and also that they can get you on a good nerve pain med.....

waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Donna
Old 06-23-22, 04:48 PM  
Leonana

Donna, it is disappointing. It was starting to work well.
Old 06-24-22, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Nothing too exciting to report here!

This morning I did Jessica's 48 Min Circuit Workout - this was the last workout of the 4 week rotation. I didn't follow it 100% I made substitutes here and there but I tried to stick w/ the "theme" if I substituted.

I think I will continue for two more weeks. My 2nd bathroom is being remodeled starting the 2nd week in July and then it will be back to disruptions! And I'll just do whatever I can workout wise that I can fit in around the contractor's schedule.

Anyway - I'm glad the weekend is here.

My new job is going well - they are taking it easy on me. Still finishing up stuff from the old job....

Sherry - that is disappointing, I sure hope that the combo of botox, meds and mouth guards help. Was this all triggered by long term grinding or dental work? Ugh. I sure hope it gets better soon for you.

Pam - how is your DH?

Waves, wishiwashinhawaii and Liz!!

Donna
Old 06-24-22, 02:19 PM  
Leonana

Donna, it didn't happen after dental work, although it aggravated the condition and made it worse. The worst pain occurred after I had an intense night of grinding. However, dental work is the usual cause when it's due to trauma. But the most common damage to the nerve is when it's being pressed on by a blood vessel, but I don't think that's the issue for me. However, I will probably get an MRI next year when I have insurance. They can tell if there is a compression and there is a surgery that can fix it.

I did get my botox today. I should know in two weeks if it had an effect. And my doctor gave me a new prescription for another med that I can take right away. Thank goodness! I was not looking forward to the time period of going off one and starting another.
Old 06-25-22, 07:53 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I got an outdoor walk in yesterday (trip to Post Office) but that was it.

Busy trying to prepare notes to submit to instructor (by Friday) for the four stories we were assigned to read before Monday. He sent out a sign-up sheet for students to indicate if they wanted to do presentations on any of the stories we'll be reading for the class. He said it's voluntary and not a requirement, since this class isn't for credit, etc. Ugh. I'm just feeling anxious about the whole thing now, lol.

DH has still not passed his kidney stone. He's been in some mild pain now, but it comes and goes. Nothing like the pain he felt on hospital day/night!

We've got an cemetery event we're attending today. One of my friends portrays the poetess Sarah Helen Whitman, and will be at her gravesite at the North Burial Ground. Our other friend, does the Edgar Allan Poe walking tours, so we'll see him there, also. Folks are in town from Baltimore who do the Poe thing in their neck of the woods, who we've met before attending a Poe conference. It's going to be a hot one out there!

Sherry, glad things will hopefully go smoother for you with the adjustments and procedure. It sounds like a full time job getting all of this worked out and results are probably yet to be determined.

Donna, glad you are settling into the new work environment (or WFH) and hopefully it's a better fit for you with the new boss!

I will try to get a little something in today, but it will be short. I might try a couple more of the new stretches from Jessica's latest.

Current Rotation:

Tags
tablet