Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-15-22, 11:36 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Chele, I somehow missed the part about your poor husband's back! OUCH! I so relate because mine can go out on a whim with stupid stuff too. Hope he's feeling much better!!

VVfer, that is a LOT of walking. Recovery stuff the rest of the week sounds good. Watulans have inspired me to re-think things many times and I'm enjoying my current routine. But I think I'm taking today off too just because. And YES, I can't tell you how many times I've been stood up by contractors. I usually fire the ones who do that but I really don't want to fire this guy because he installed all our stuff and is usually reliable.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 05:37 PM  
Mickey12

So today I did a Tracy Anderson mini trampoline workout. Who knew she even had a mini trampoline workout?!? It's from 2012. I found it at the thrift store a while ago and decided to try it today. It started out with her usual upper and lower body weird, flailing movements, some very short abs and then the trampoline workout. I enjoyed the music and the trampoline portion was fun. I don't like her format, though, of no instruction. I pretty much did my own thing during her weight section.

Yesterday I did Karen Voight Ultimate Step Circuit. I wanted something with a lot of variety and not too hard. It was a good choice.

The weather has been so gorgeous here - sunny, no humidity, 80's. I was outside for a walk today at lunch and saw my kildeer family friends.

Chele congratulations on driving!!! I hope it gets easier each time.

Gotta go, dinner is almost ready. Stay well my Watulan friends.
Old 06-16-22, 07:57 AM  
ChelePA

Kim… The weather has been perfect. Glad you are enjoying your walks! I haven’t been able to take Winston due to the pollen and his allergies. He sneezes a lot these days so hoping it settles down within the next month.

Peloton workouts today included Bon Jovi music only cycling class. Another concert that was a blast in my younger years. Finished with 10 minute focus flow working on pyramid. 10 minute yoga flow focusing on quads. 10 minute foam rolling of calves and glutes.

Today is my husband‘s birthday so we will go out to dinner this evening to one of his favorite restaurants. We were out last night also celebrating my sister‘s birthday. Nice not having to cook in this hot weather.

Happy Thursday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 10:32 AM  
Mickey12

Ohhh, Chele dinner out two nights in a row!! Yes, it's nice not having to cook in the heat. Happy Birthday to Mr. Chele I hope his back is feeling a little better.
Old 06-16-22, 03:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Friday Junior, Watulans!

Yesterday I subbed in Cathe Live #51 Cross Train Lower Body for the Fuel Glutes workout. It was a toughy but doable since it didn't focus on one or two lower body parts like Caroline does. That's not a criticism of Caroline, her glutes/hamstring exercises just don't work for me and I haven't come up with appropriate substitutions "on the fly." CL 51 uses the stability ball & weights along with some cardio which are lower body so it's kind of her version of "bodyweight" exercises. I followed it with a Chris Dorner step that looks like she did at home (not sure but probably pandemic related, it was from late 2020). I didn't notice any endless shoutouts so I liked it. I think I have to be in the right mood to enjoy Chris due to the shoutouts but her choreography is definitely my fave---I find that time flies during a workout with creative and fun choreo! Today I am doing another CL #390 as soon as I finish this rambling post.

Chele, the Kat "advanced" workout that I did had NO tricky choreography at all which surprised me. I also see her "levels" as choreography rather than intensity related so I kept waiting for SOMETHING creative in this particular "advanced" workout and it never happened. I honestly think she just "misnamed" this one, as I've done many other "advanced" workouts of hers that does have more creative choreography. It was called Advanced Express Step #1 IIRC. I did the June 5th workout and it was more complex and the bpm was faster. I liked it much better! Oh and Happy happy birthday to your hubby!!! Enjoy your dinner---hope his back is feeling better!!

TweenerW, forgot to mention that I tried the Lidocaine patch for my back and it did seem to give some relief so THANKS! And yes, give yourself a break and you have been doing a ton of walking!!

FN1, so frustrating when contractors don't show up and don't even bother to call!

Mickey12, I had no idea Tracy Anderson did a mini trampoline workout, but I never paid any attention to her whole "mystique" wasn't my cup of tea. I love your description "weird, flailing movements." Your walks sound like so much fun and cool that you are still seeing the killdeer family! Mary Kate and baby pretty much come in the morning and eat and then head back to the water due to the heat (or we assume that's where they go) and baby is getting big fast! We figure before too long we will be able to figure out if it's a girl or boy.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Last edited by cataddict; 06-16-22 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Brain fog d’oh!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 06:04 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Pre-Friday!

So yesterday the plumber SHOWED UP, yesssss!!! I'm just relieved that's over for another 6 or 8 months because we were scary overdue.

I skipped working out yesterday but made up for it today with Pure Barre Pure Results Feature Focus Seat. Oh. My. Goodness. I was shaking like a freaking chihuahua, and those gals are machines, I'm telling you!

Kim, good to see you and I laughed SO HARD at your very spot-on description of Tracy Anderson and her, um, movements, hah hah hah hah!!!

Happy Birthday to Mr. ChelePA! Hope you all enjoy dinner. I love eating out and not having to cook, especially when it's so hot!

FN2, glad the lidocaine patch helped! Get pics of the growing baby if you can. We really do seem to have a fifth cat now...the neighbor's outdoor cat is over every day, rubbing all over me and talking and now expecting food (and yes, I'm feeding her because I don't think she's getting enough to eat anywhere else). I can't be helped.

Did you all see Cathe cancelled Live today due to not feeling well? I hope she feels better very soon.

Have a great night all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 09:17 AM  
ChelePA

Kim…have you ever been to The Loading Dock? One of our favorites for great salads, nachos, wings or sandwiches. That was hubby’s birthday pick yesterday.

Kittybug…I did see Cathe was sick. Hopefully she’ll be back next week for number 400. Wow!

Cataddict…Kat has categories and just numbers them like you said. I think you can sort on YouTube by date or most recent if I remember correctly. Don’t quote me on that.

Bee…how are you feeling? Did you watch the game? So glad they won!

VVfer…any plans for the fruit?

Hubby is walking straighter these days. Thanks for asking.

Early appointment for my daughter so I did Peloton lower body plus core. Hoping to add a treadmill walk later since it’s so humid outside.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 10:08 AM  
manleym

Hi Fierce Friends! We're back from vacay!

Those of you who said we would love Charleston - YOU WERE RIGHT!!! LOVED it! Loved the rich history, AMAZING food, old, historic homes. Loved the quaint, southern, hospitality and charm. We're already talking about making it part of our rotation when visiting Florida and Georgia. Our favorite place was Sullivans Island. We loved walking on the beach, Ft. Moultrie, and visiting with the locals. We also loved the historic part of Charleston - Rainbow Row, 82 Queen, the Battery and park. It was a great trip and it was nice visiting with people again. The locals that we interacted with were all so nice, and we enjoyed visiting with other couples on vacay. One couple lives in the same area where my SIL grew up and my oldest niece currently lives. It was alot of fun connecting with people again.

And to round out the trip, we stopped in Georgia to visit my niece, her hubby, and their baby. Our time in Georgia was cut short due to car trouble, but it all worked out. We were delayed about 4 hours (2 hours sitting on the side of the road of I20 waiting for the tow truck) but everything got fixed and we were on our way. The frustrating part is that hubby had the truck serviced the day before we left and the dealership missed the issue. But we made it home safe and sound so that is what's important. And I got to kiss, snuggle, and squeeze my grandnephew, so life is all good.

Our weather has been hot - 100+ with heat index well into 100's. And the Saharan dust has made the skies really hazy. That's my excuse for not doing yard work this week, but my allergies or something have been kicking up since we got back. I do think it's the dust and humidity. Ugh.

Trying to catch up as much as I can. Sorry if I leave anyone out.

ChelePA hope ya'll had fun celebrating both your sister's and hubby's bday! Hope Winston's allergies have calmed down. Hope your hubby's back is better. It's crazy that the little things, like bending down to do something, throws out the back. I've heard of that happening to lots of people - just bending down for something simple and they're out for a week. So glad you had time with your nephew before he leaves for his assignment. My hubby's twin is retired Air Force, and now works for Florida's National Guard. Thankful for those who risk their lives to serve. And yay for you for starting to drive again! I'm sure it is filled with all kinds of emotions, but like you said "baby steps." Good for you for getting back in the saddle.

Bee I hope you're feeling better. Did the reschedule your 2nd Shinrix vax? We know several people who either have covid or have recently been exposed. I'm hoping yours is just allergies. Covid is definitely still out there and seems to be making its rounds again. And I think lack of workers has hit just about everything and everywhere. Hope the fires stay at bay.

Horusosiris I read this article this morning and thought of you with your social media fast. I think we are all identifying with it. It was so nice being disconnected and unplugged while on vacay.
https://www.bannerhealth.com/healthc...assion-fatigue

Kittybug how are you liking Pure Barre compared to other barre workouts, like Ballet Body, Suzanne Bowen, etc? I know you do alot of barre workouts, so I'm curious how you would compare them. YAY for the plumber showing up! Glad everything is fixed and you won't need him again for 6-8 months. We are at the mercy of the contractors these days. We were supposed to have some trees trimmed about a month ago and we're still waiting. Nothing urgent or critical, but finding that needing/wanting something done is taking alot longer than it used to. Hurry up and wait. And yes, hubby shared with me that Cathe was sick and cancelled Live on Thursday. Since he's on FB regularly, I "liked" her page through his account so he gets her FB updates. I don't ever remember her cancelling a Live. Hope she's ok.

Vintage VFer hope you've recovered from your 7+ mile hike! Love the pics!

Kim how lovely that you can take walks at work and see the kildeer family. I read another article recently on the mental and physical benefits walking outdoors and thought of you and VVFer. How nice to be able to take a mental break.

Cataddict do you remember the name of the CDorner step workout you did where she doesn't talk endlessly to the "live" participants? I really like her workouts too, but the shoutouts and "interacting" with them throws me off. Thanks for all of your comments about Fuel. Since I'm behind your posts are giving me a good idea of what to expect. And agree that I would like Caroline to provide different warmups. But the current one connected with Fuel is probably my favorite of hers. I also like to use Mr.&Mrs. Muscle. They have some really good warmups. Nice that Mary Kate and baby are making their morning visits. So fun to watch.

Waves and hugs everyone!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 10:20 AM  
Mickey12

Cataddict and Kittybug, regarding the Tracy Anderson workout: I think at one point I said out loud "what the hell is she doing?" I have a few of her workouts that I never do and I had forgotten how odd her style of training is.

Oh and Kittybug, I love the story of the new cat. You're a good soul and I know you will take good care of it. What's one more cat anyway. A while back we had a neighbor's cat who was always at our house. She was such a sweetheart and so affectionate. I loved sitting with her outside and was very tempted to bring her inside but I never did.

Chele, yes, we eat at The Loading Dock a lot. We like it there too. The only problem is they are closed a few days a week and we never remember which days. More than once we've gone there to realize they were closed.

Manley I'm so glad you had a good vacation. Charleston sounds like a place I would love. I don't know if we will ever get there though. We are pretty stuck on Disney and Gettysburg. My husband doesn't seem to like to venture out of his travel comfort zone although we may be going to Ireland next year since he's always wanted to go there.

I read the article you linked also. Very interesting.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-17-22, 10:21 AM  
manleym

Workouts:

I was actually able to do one "formal" workout on vacy at the hotel. I did CL #398 Compound Core Intensive Conditioning and we also did quite a bit of walking. Of course I jumped into Fuel Monday, and was feeling it Tuesday!! Had some DOMS on Tuesday!

Monday: Caroline Fuel FUEL Series 30 Min Giant Leg Day Workout - Dumbbells Day 1 + Intermediate Step Aerobics Workout #9 With My Twin Sister - Awesome 80's Mix! (34 Min) FUN! Loved the music; used 1 riser)

Tuesday: FUEL Series 30 Min Upper Body Circuits & Cluster Sets Workout Day 2 (FLEW! Modified tricep dips - did some overhead extensions, on knees, table top position) + KCM Lean Kickboxing + 30min. Yin Yoga "Hamstring Stretch" with Travis

Wednesday: FUEL Series 30 Min Glutes & Hamstrings Supersets Workout Day 3 +Cathe Perfect Hiit Low Impact HiiT + Extended Stretch + Eoin Finn Blissology Thursday Restorative

Thursday: Kari Anderson: Angles Lines & Curves VHS • 60 FPS 1998 (found on YouTube; I don't have any of Kari's workouts so it was nice to try one) + Kimberly Spreen Triple Threat Functional Power (med ball) + Go with the Flow (really liked!)
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in