Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-09-22, 12:06 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Just a quick pop in to share this link that Schnauzeritis posted.

Charlie Puth - Light Switch

I LOVE this!!! I guarantee you will smile!
This. made. me. laugh. so. hard!!!!! Thank you for sharing!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 05:32 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

And I'm back....Pure Barre Pure Results Feature Focus: Thighs wiped the floor with me today. I had tried the Arms workout in the same series the other week which was also tough.

These workouts are. no. joke!! I couldn't believe how much I was shaking, sweating, and breathing!

That's great though because lately I've been kinda equipment averse and it's nice to get a great workout without pulling out every single piece of equipment I have! Anyone else get equipment averse occasionally?

Have a great evening all!!

Old 06-09-22, 06:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!

Oh Vintage, I loved that video! Made me think so much of my 20 year old who is right now so into working out, fashion, and yes, investing on coinbase $100 at a time. So funny! I cannot believe how much bulk my kid has put on in a short amount of time -- it's crazy.

kittybug, those barre workouts are no joke, you are exactly right. I think maybe they get harder because your form is getting better and you know just what to do to get the right burn. I've got to look for that Candy Hearts Circuit workout.

Kate, my husband won't go to a doctor, either. But I can't imagine having a torn ACL and not getting help. Yikes. I hope he's ok! I am completely hooked on Caroline, too!!

Chele, are you watching the NBA finals? Those Warriors need to get it together! Funny enough, I always ask the above mentioned son for fashion advice, and I have my eye on a sweater hoodie (wrong time of year, I know). The one I want is Boston Celtics green, and I sent him a picture of it yesterday to ask him what he thinks and he just told me it was the wrong day for that color of green.

This morning I did Fuel 7, the upper body complex that cataddict was talking about. It was a pretty tough workout, but I did skip the dive bomber and triceps pushups circuit and did my PT stuff instead. I also skipped the finisher. I was finished. I was only sort of paying attention when she was describing the workout and when it finally started and I looked at the screen I was shocked to see 112 or whatever it was on the seconds clock!!

At our house we are now alternating between Stanley Cup finals games and NBA finals games. It's kind of fun.
Old 06-10-22, 08:44 AM  
ChelePA

VVfer…loved that video. I’m a Charlie Puth fan. Saw him in concert with my daughter. He opened for Sean Mendes.

Bee… I was alternating between softball and basketball. As expected, the Oklahoma team was unstoppable. Now the Warriors need to regroup like you said. I really like Steph Curry and hoping he wins. He looks like he will be playing despite his injured leg. Fingers crossed.

Peloton was back in the New York City studio for the first time since Covid. I jumped on live for a cycling class. They’re also offering other classes. I think this is a test run and it was by invitation only. In the future, they will allow the public to sign-up. Today was also lower body day which included 10 minutes of core. 10 minutes floor barre. 20 minutes legs and glutes-I used bodyweight only except for the deadlifts. Finished with a five minute lower body stretch.

Winston was back at the vet yesterday since his paw was not healing, and he was constantly licking and biting at it. He is now on steroids and we’re hoping it does the trick. It’s a vicious cycle with allergies, licking , infection, etc.

Happy Friday!!!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 11:34 AM  
horusosiris

Hello All

I finally am beginning to have some feeling in my hand. That is a relief!

I have been doing Girvan's Fuel Series although I am behind a few days because of my work schedule.

I am still on a NO TV or social media hiatus and I love it. I have been watching movies and experimenting with recipes when I have any extra time.

I need to catch up with post and will do so this weekend.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 02:16 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

horusosiris, very nice to see a post from you and good news about the hand! That has been a very long recovery time and I'm sure it's been very tough for you. I hope the healing continues, maybe at an accelerated pace now! I'm a bit behind on Fuel, too, but that's fine by me. I like to see what's coming.

Chele, I'm not sure I even understand how the Peloton class was different. I guess you were seeing a bunch of people in the NY studio? Sounds like you had a good workout today! Good luck with Winston. He must have been so miserable -- hope the steroids help!

cataddict, I think today I realized why Caroline didn't have biceps in the upper body one -- after today's workout I feel like #7 and #8 were structured as push and pull workouts, so theoretically the bi's would have been worked today. I think she maybe thought the rotated rows and landmine rows hit them "enough". And I'm also wondering if she'll hit them in isolation in one of the upcoming total body's.

So, yes, I did Fuel #8 this morning. Glutes, hamstrings, back. It was a tough workout.

Happy Friday!!
Old 06-10-22, 02:25 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Friday, all!!

Today was CL 066, Cardio Circuit Challenge Express because I needed something shorter. I have a lot of work to get done and our plumber is coming for some routine maintenance crap but it's always time-consuming. This workout packed quite the punch for its length...I was totally soaked and red faced!

Oh no, Chele, on Winston. We're having allergy/some other problems with the cats too. Lux and Cheeto are all stuffed up, and Merlin is getting recurring 'chacne' or acne on his chin (though the latest seems to have cleared recently) and now Cheeto seems to be trying to imitate Merlin with that. What the...? Everyone is getting dosed with Rx lysine from the vet, whom we have determined is useless. WHY is finding a good vet you trust so hard?? I miss the one we had one state back. She was wonderful, absolutely a gem.

Horusosiris, that is EXCELLENT news about your hand! And I keep inching closer to a media hiatus, I truly am.

Bee, that makes sense on the barre workouts. But ouch!!

Gotta get back to it...stay fierce all!

Old 06-11-22, 09:50 AM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris… glad to hear that your wrist is slowly improving. nerve damage takes so long to heal. I have so much numbness and pain in my leg. And it’s been over a year.

Bee… so happy the Warriors pulled off that win yesterday. I wasn’t so sure in the beginning of the game.

Kittybug… glad I’m not the only one who struggles with barre workouts. And with no weights those muscles really get tired out.

Peloton workouts included 30 minutes of upper body as well as 10 minutes of core. Finished with a 20 minute easy going treadmill walk. I actually did lawn max yesterday and I’m feeling it somewhat in my leg today. I think the difference versus 2 weeks ago is that I didn’t take any breaks this time. And I tried cutting the small hill on the backside in a different way. I tried going up and down for the first few passes then had to switch to side to side again. A little too intense for my leg and ankle.

My husband promises me that we’re going to clean his area of the basement out today. He just keeps piling more junk as the weeks go by. We’ll see how much he can part with. Ha ha.
Old 06-11-22, 12:07 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Chele - so sorry about Winston's paw issues! Dewey has a rare skin ailment (eosinophilic granuloma complex) plus allergies and has to have steroid shots every now and then.

horusosirus - yay on the hand starting to feel normal again! That must be a big relief.

kittybug - sorry your kitties are having the allergy issues, too. I have been giving my cats lysine for years for their eyes. Then, I saw some vet on TV who said it didn't do anything. So, I stopped using it. Within a few days, their eyes started getting crusty again. So, like anything else, it works for some and not for others.

Yesterday, I did my 3-mile hill walk. I need to get out earlier! It was 89 degrees by the time I got home.

The upstairs neighbors are moving things out today. I'm not sure if this is their last day. It's a hell of a racket with the furniture moving and all.

Hugs to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 09:04 AM  
ChelePA

VVfer… hoping you get wonderful new neighbors.

Bee… Peloton live classes includes participants in the studio. Sort of like when Cathe was solo when Covid first started and then invited the class back. They just started allowing members back in studio this week. Both in London and New York City. There are definitely mixed reviews on what everyone prefers. You’re never going to make 100% of the people happy. So right now they’re offering instructor only classes Monday through Wednesday and then live in studio classes Thursday through Sunday. I think I’ll take a combination of both to see if I have a preference. Energy is definitely different in live classes. I feel like the camera angle or some thing is distracting or maybe it’s the mirror behind the instructor.. I’m not quite sure if I like it for NYC. In the London studio, they don’t have a mirror so you’re not always seeing the class participants. Hope that makes sense.

Today I took the Pride live class. They had the Peloton DJ playing the music. Great playlist. Followed it up with a 10 minute focus flow yoga practicing downward facing dog.

Guess who drove for the first time yesterday it was exactly one year and one month to the date of the accident. Didn’t even realize that until I got home. Going to work on my ankle mobility. Can definitely feel it when pivoting from gas to brake. Also, unfortunately, the hardware-just below knee area “clicks” when making that leg movement. Trying to see if different angles of the car seat will help. Not very comfortable. It’s always been a concern of mine that the hardware is rubbing my leg and causing increased pain with certain positions and movements. We talked at the last appointment many months ago about if it was some thing that I could tolerate or if another surgery would be required. I can’t even think about that. He wanted to give it at least a full year which would be the September time frame. But he did say it could take 1 to 2 years until I feel completely healed. The surgery was quite complicated with how shattered my leg was.

Today we are headed to my brother’s for a picnic. Weather looks iffy. No swimming but hopefully some fun outdoor games. My nephew who is in the army is visiting for the week so it will be nice to see everyone.

Happy Sunday!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in