Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-08-22, 11:07 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Yoohoo! Better late than never! What a week last week. Actually had two days with appointments for Justin. Tues 31st he had a procedure to replace his liver stents which will now be routinely done every 12 weeks.
Then Thurs 2nd he had labs and CT scan. We have the 1st 3 month followup appointment with his chemo Dr on the 14th. Fingers crossed. One of the labs was to measure cancer tumor markers.

Then several days of storm tree damage cleanup, talking to insurance people, contractors inspections, etc. It's been slow going because on the 30th, hubby tore his ACL and can't do much. It's better this week but he has to take it slow.

So last week just 3 days of workouts - 2 days of Epic I and Cathe Live 398 Comprehensive Core....that one was super!!

This week more of the same. I'm in a rut, but it's a good rut - GREAT workouts!
Mon: Epic Day 24 Full Body (with dumbells).
Tues: Cathe Live 272 Love Me Some Kickboxing (I bought this as a download)
Today: Epic Day 25 HiiT Full Body Workout. Fun, tough. All bodyweight hiit done 20 secs on, 20 off. I did not add anything on as I am still catching up with work, but it was a great 45 min workout.

Off to read posts. I'm so glad you're all doing well!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 11:10 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post

Yesterday I did Fuel #4. I liked it! I went pretty heavy---heavier than I have been using, and it was challenging for sure! Unlike bee, my heart rate didn't get all that high but higher than usual. I skipped the mixer at the end, and instead did some bicep work with some push ups and modified jumping jacks at my own slower pace. That may be why my heart rate didn't get all that high! I also did Imax 3, or my version of it which I will call Imin. I didn't use a step, and didn't jump. Still, I enjoyed it. I actually got a chance to watch the crew more than I did when I was just trying to complete the intervals without dropping.
Great idea to do Imax without a step. I've done that using just the topper sometimes. I hate tripping up.
Getting curious about Fuel. How does it compare to Caroline's other workouts?

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 06-08-22, 01:35 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Kate - Fingers crossed for all the best test results! BTW, I was looking at your trade list and thought I still had Erich's "Backyard Beginners" DVD. I was writing you a PM and then I decided to check. I can't find it. The move was a bit hectic and there a few of my DVDs I can't find now. I gave many away also. Fooey!

Yesterday, I did my hill hike. My hip has been better, but I dunno why. Even after my 7-miler it was still OK the next day. It's a mystery.

Hugs and waves to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 08:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!

kittybug and Kate, nice to see you both chime in! kittybug, I'm with you on the news hiatus -- I don't even do much news, but any little bit is too much these days. Sounds like you're in a nice workout groove!

Kate, wow, what a couple of tough weeks for you! Here is hoping that you get good news on Justin's health! And will your husband have to have surgery soon to fix the ACL? Boy you have a full plate! As far as Fuel compared with others..... maybe it's because I came to the party late, but her pre-Iron series seem somewhat randomly put together to me. She clearly laid out Iron in a set way (and maybe I just missed that explanation on the earlier ones). Fuel is like that in that each week follows a similar format. The difference between Iron and Fuel is that Fuel is going for more of a cardio effect in each workout, be it through PHA, giant sets, etc. Definitely less rest time in Fuel. For the most part I am enjoying it, but Iron is still my favorite.

Vintage, don't you love it when mysteries go in your favor? I'm glad your hip is feeling better!

Today was Fuel #6, Quads. She promised my quads would be burning, and she was right! Chele, I was thinking about your question about how much bodyweight she was doing in the Fuel workouts. This one definitely was more bodyweight than weighted. It was 9 exercises done for 30 seconds with 14 seconds of rest in between each, then a 45s rest between sets, the set repeated three times. I honestly thought I would bail early out of being too wiped out or too bored, but I got through it. I skipped the finisher though. My heart rate seemed to remain mostly in the zone 2 area for this workout.

Oh, Chele, I use an add-on app to track my workouts, so it shows the zones for me. It was just a few bucks -- called HeartWatch if you're interested. I also have its companion, AutoSleep.

Kim, that's very cool about the Harley project. How were you feeling today? Sometimes that gardening ache takes a few days to hit me.

Time to do my dinner dishes and start winding down. Waves to all.
Old 06-08-22, 08:54 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh! cataddict, I meant to add that I didn't mean to criticize Cathe's cueing the live step workout(s). It was more that I was amazed since she is normally so polished and never any mistakes. It was amazing to see her be human, and yes, very endearing. And, she just picked it right up anyway. Oh, and your comment about the background exerciser in Intensity cracked me up!!

I wonder if Caroline doesn't do much straight bicep work because they tend to get worked on other shoulder/chest exercises, and..... if her biceps aren't quite as big, her shoulders look better? That workout you described (upcoming for me) sounds hard!!
Old 06-08-22, 09:46 PM  
ChelePA

Kate… hoping for only good news for your son. I watched the preview for that Cathe core live and thought it looked really good. Glad you enjoyed it! Hope your husband heals quickly. So much on your plate the last few weeks.

Kittybug… my peloton schedule includes 10 minutes of barre 1-2x per week. I always found this type of exercise so very difficult. Even the Cathe workouts that have a similar vibe. Tough stuff for me!

Bee… i’ll have to check that app out. Thanks for the recommendation.

VVfer… glad your intense walking seems to have no side effects.

Cataddict… I need to pull out Intensity to see the background exerciser. You have me very curious

I agree with you all that the news has been way too much lately. I never have the TV on unless I’m watching sports these days or a streaming service. My husband flicks it on when he gets home from work. I make him change the channel until I go to bed. I was hoping for some excellent softball games for the World Series. But I think Oklahoma is going to crush Texas for both games. However the Texas/OSU games to reach the final were quite exciting.

Wishing everyone a good night!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 08:47 AM  
ChelePA

Peloton workouts included a 30 minute reset cycling class. I thought this would be low intensity but boy was I wrong. I was a sweaty mess at the end. Followed with 10 minutes beginner yoga. 10 minutes yoga basics learning head to knee pose. Finished with 10 minutes foam rolling/stretch—quads and hamstrings.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 10:11 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Yesterday was CL 334, Candy Hearts Circuit. Cathe and her leggings were adorable and this was solid cardio with the weight work and time just flew! Fun stuff. Today will be barre but not sure what...I have some Pure Barre DVDs that will supposedly arrive today and if they do in a timely manner, maybe one of those.

ChelePA, the more barre I do, the harder it seems to get, not easier. I've never quite understood that, but that's how I feel, so I feel you! I do enjoy it though and it works muscles nothing else does.

Bee, I love when Cathe messes up in Live! She always handles it so smoothly and laughs it off but yes, it's very endearing!

FN2, Intensity is one of my faves and now I'm wondering which backgrounder was distracting! I think I'm usually too busy dying to notice anyone so I'm curious.

Oh, Kate, sorry about the husband and his ACL. You have so much to deal with!!

All righty, gotta run...stay fierce!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 10:40 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello my dear fierce friends! I just LOVE this group! Everyone is so encouraging and supportive. I truly need to check in more often just to feel the love.

VV: No worries about Backyard Beginners. If you find it, you know where to find me. My Yoga practice is changing and moving towards more mellow "zen" slow moving practices. More healing.

bee: I may just move to Fuel when I'm done with Epic I? I'm hooked. Not sure about hubby's knee. He won't have surgery if he can avoid it and won't even go to the Dr so I'm trying my best at healing.

ChelePA: The news does get to be too much. I watch for the weather. I love meteorology!

kittybug: barre work slays me. How can something so "minor" burn so much?! But my body is short and stocky and I never could get the lean look of a ballerina. I do like some of Cathe's barre work from time to time.

Today another oldie but goodie, Les Mills Body Step 57. I think it's from around 2004. Mark, Lisa, Ruthie. So much fun and the moves were simple enough I could add plenty of power.
My legs are really liking Caroline's weight work and step cardio! More definition in my quads and my legs don't get as tired when I'm working outside. I've been hauling a LOT of brush from the storm cleanup and have to walk slightly uphill for part of the trip to the brush pile. Good exercise there too!

As I mentioned, my Yoga is really starting to change. I've been trying to do one good Yin practice during the week, and more slower moving Hatha. Not looking for the tough Vinyasa "workout" practices anymore. I get that enough in my workouts. Now I'm looking for more healing while keeping my flexibility.

Have a lovely day Watulans!! HUGS to you all!

Old 06-09-22, 12:00 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Just a quick pop in to share this link that Schnauzeritis posted.

Charlie Puth - Light Switch

I LOVE this!!! I guarantee you will smile!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in