Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-21, 07:30 PM  
gladgirl

V4 today.
Wow still a great little workout. Wished Kai had been asked to do more.

While I still enjoy the Classics, I am feeling pulled to shorter workouts, like others.
Will have to try the Total Body Time Crunch with Rebekah Sturkie. That sounds good.
Not sure how I passed/missed the PowerFit. Will need to check those that are strength focused ones. What type of cardio does she do? High impact?
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 08:34 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
What do you think of the Eoin Finn program so far? I signed up for them, but have been really busy.
Karla, I'm loving the program I had expected the videos to be shorter, but most of them include a lengthy relaxation at the end. I enjoy the longer relaxation, but you could probably end the practice sooner if you're pressed for time. The program feels pretty gentle overall but, so far, Eoin's videos seem a bit more gentle and Insiya's are a little more active. I hope you get a chance to try a practice before the challenge is over
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 06:17 PM  
wendug

The Firm- Total Body Time Crunch

Really like Rebekah & this workout. Not quite as tough as Get Chisel'd, but still a great pink Firm.

I got my booster shot & a flu shot today. I wasn't sure if I would be up for working out, but I still feel fine. We'll see how I feel tomorrow as I know it can take some time for the effects to kick in.
Old 11-19-21, 07:07 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Karla, I'm loving the program I had expected the videos to be shorter, but most of them include a lengthy relaxation at the end. I enjoy the longer relaxation, but you could probably end the practice sooner if you're pressed for time. The program feels pretty gentle overall but, so far, Eoin's videos seem a bit more gentle and Insiya's are a little more active. I hope you get a chance to try a practice before the challenge is over
Thank you for the encouragement I was very tired today, but your post made me realize I might completely miss out on a good thing. I planned to only do a part a workout, but the time went by so quickly. I feel much more energized and relaxed.

I did Day 5: Yoga for a Polarized World. It was great! He gives some good tips. I was able to go much deeper into the wide angle pose because of his guidance on bending the knees, focusing mostly on the forward tilt and then straightening the legs. I liked the balance poses too

Today's Firm Parts workout, with Tracie Long, was Sculpted Buns, Hips & Thighs. It's an all floor workout -nice for those days when you don't have the energy for cardio or much else
Old 11-19-21, 07:09 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
The Firm- Total Body Time Crunch

Really like Rebekah & this workout. Not quite as tough as Get Chisel'd, but still a great pink Firm.

I got my booster shot & a flu shot today. I wasn't sure if I would be up for working out, but I still feel fine. We'll see how I feel tomorrow as I know it can take some time for the effects to kick in.
I hope you feel good tomorrow!
Old 11-19-21, 10:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post

Not sure how I passed/missed the PowerFit. Will need to check those that are strength focused ones. What type of cardio does she do? High impact?
I think I did the cardio workout from PowerFit recently, and it was low impact and the choreography was simple, straightforward stuff (marches, side steps, toe taps, grapevines.) Also using the band on the floor to do some step choreography, but you can use a step, too! She also holds the band in front or overhead during some of the movement. The warmup has a little cardio effect to get the muscles warm, and she uses the band to stretch with at the end of the workouts.

There are only two cardio workouts from PowerFit Harmony called "Move It" and "Speed Burn." I haven't done the Speed Burn one this time around, but I would imagine it's drills.

And then the cardio from PowerFit Plus has cardio kick-it, so boxing type stuff...punching, kicks, etc.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-21, 01:08 AM  
Venus

My Friday included:

The Firm: Get Chisel'd with Rebekah Sturkie
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga Kiss 40 min
10 Day Gentle Reset Challenge: Day 8 Flow Into Bliss

It had been so long since I did Get Chisel'd, I forgot there was plyo! There is a modifier, though. Rebekah combines weights for some of the moves (I think she uses 5 and 3 lb. weights which is what I used, too). I didn't have my 8 lb. weights ready or near; that would have been more comfortable so I'll try to remember next time I do the workout.
Old 11-20-21, 01:11 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Thank you for the encouragement I was very tired today, but your post made me realize I might completely miss out on a good thing. I planned to only do a part a workout, but the time went by so quickly. I feel much more energized and relaxed.

I did Day 5: Yoga for a Polarized World. It was great! He gives some good tips. I was able to go much deeper into the wide angle pose because of his guidance on bending the knees, focusing mostly on the forward tilt and then straightening the legs. I liked the balance poses too
Oh, good! I'm glad you enjoyed the yoga and felt better afterward
Old 11-20-21, 06:58 PM  
gladgirl

Today was the FIRM power yoga.
I do yoga for scoliosis; other than that, never found my yoga niche.
But I do like this workout, the moves, the time and how it makes me feel.
I feel like I got a pretty darn good no equipment workout and stretch.
Had this one for a long time, but hadn’t done it in a while. Keeping it out so I can grab for it more often.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-21, 07:00 PM  
Karla25

Today was BSS3 Total Muscle Shaping with Stephanie Huckabee. I haven't done this one in years, and had to apply a little WD-40 to loosen the legs up. It's an energetic and fun workout

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm