Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-11-22, 04:51 PM  
wendug

This afternoon I mowed the yard, but was also able to fit in a quick workout. I did Heather Robertson's HIIT Leg Workout. Definitely not as intense as CG, but still a good workout.
Old 06-12-22, 05:33 PM  
wendug

This morning while walking my dogs I decided I should take them on a long walk as we have very hot weather coming next week and I know we won't walk much then. Well, it was cloudy, but I didn't think we were expecting rain. Unfortunately we got caught in a downpour. And we were very far from our house. We were all drenched by the time we made it home.

This afternoon I did Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge. I did all but the Fusion Stretch at the end since the workout is so long. It still clocked in at over an hour without this final section. I like doing the weighted bar sections since it is the only DVD I have that uses the bar like this. Fun!
Old 06-12-22, 08:05 PM  
gigi

Wendy, I enjoy HR too. I will most likely do her workouts after I finish week 2 of Iron Series becasue I will not be able to finish week 3 before I go on a short vacatiaon to see friends. I will start week 3 when I get back.

I had and probably still have Cardio Combat Surge. I used to do that workout a lot. My DVD's are packed away in a box.

Yesterday, I did not workout. Today I woke up somewhat nauseated/crampy stomach. I hugged my pillow for a few hours this morning. I did not want to eat. Later in the afternoon, I felt better and ate a bit. I sipped on water all day.

Tonight I did Cathe's Lite Stacked Upper Body WU followed by Heather Robertson's Killer HiiT Cardio, then Iron Series Day 7: Shoulders & Triceps. I did the short stretch at the end of day 7 then did the stacked sets stretch.
Old 06-13-22, 05:40 PM  
wendug

Angie Miller- Core & Strength Fusion. Now THIS is the workout to use with my step 360! Light weights, lots of reps, on & off the step. It reminds me of Jari Love. Initially I thought I should go heavier, but with so many reps I would have dropped to a lighter weight. This DVD was hiding in the back of my DVD collection along with the Cardio Combat Surge. It has been quite a while since I've done this workout. I have a few other Angie Miller workouts I should do, too.
Old 06-13-22, 07:21 PM  
gigi

10 Minute Sweaty HiiT by fitness_kaykay. I loved the warm up. I am trying to build up my cardio capacity. I did take extra rests and I feel like a big whale thumping around....LOL! I had to walk around for a few then I did Iron Series Day 8: Glutes & Hamstrings. I did the stretch from both workouts.
I decided to keep going before vacation. I will be able to finish week 3 except the last workout which is shoulders. I will do that one when I get back and move on to week 4. I'm so excited that I'm actually going to finish this program. I have a lot of room to grow with Iron Series should I do it again.
Old 06-15-22, 05:10 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
10 Minute Sweaty HiiT by fitness_kaykay. I loved the warm up. I am trying to build up my cardio capacity. I did take extra rests and I feel like a big whale thumping around....LOL! I had to walk around for a few then I did Iron Series Day 8: Glutes & Hamstrings. I did the stretch from both workouts.
I decided to keep going before vacation. I will be able to finish week 3 except the last workout which is shoulders. I will do that one when I get back and move on to week 4. I'm so excited that I'm actually going to finish this program. I have a lot of room to grow with Iron Series should I do it again.
I've noticed that even though I have been hitting weights more than cardio this past year, my cardio might have improved somewhat. I guess all that weight work has improved my heart muscle and cardio capacity, too!
Old 06-15-22, 05:11 PM  
wendug

Tracie Long- Grand Total Volume 1. Tracie is such a great instructor. She's the one who got me interested in lifting weights all those years ago when I discovered Maximum Body Shaping!
Old 06-15-22, 08:43 PM  
gigi

No workout yesterday. I had a lot to do for my parents. Today I did the Warm up from Cathe's Crossfire then Iron Series Day 9 Full Body Cardio. I used 10's for the staple until about halfway through, I switched to 12's. I tried 15's for one set but it was too much. I ended with CDorner Wrist Friendly Mobility & Stretch. I loved everything about this stretch. It felt good. I enjoyed the music. But she literally does not stop talking for a nano second. I would do more of her workouts if she didn't talk constantly.

I am getting stronger and I too, feel my cardio capcity is improving Wendy. While I too thought Carline Girving worked the shoulders too much, my left shoulder is improving and less sore (in the wrong way) becasue I'm using good form. I have some arthritis in my left shoulder so I'm constantly working on it so it doesn't get "stuck" and it is much stronger and not painful like it used to be. I'm getting better at lunges and bulgarian lunges. I used 20's for one set of lunges today! Between the days I'm going to see my 103 year old grandma and helping my parents, I'm literally resing and napping. That is probably helping my workouts...LOL!
Old 06-16-22, 05:30 PM  
wendug

Today I did The Firm- Advanced Cardio Blast. This is one of the toughest Firm cardio workouts! I had to do some low impact moves because my feet were screaming at me. But I made it through with few modifications. Phew!

Angela- I'm happy to hear your shoulder is feeling better with weight workouts. When my hip was bothering me I started to increase my floorwork and lower body work with bands to strengthen my hip muscles. After just a few weeks my hip pain was gone. It always surprises me when people experience soreness or pain they think to NOT work that area. Strengthening the muscles around that area helps!
Old 06-17-22, 05:15 PM  
wendug

Penny Barnshall- 40 min. HIIT Full Body w/weights no repeats.

Ugh. This was a tough workout. I used mainly my 15, 12, 10, and 5 lb. dumbbells. I wasn't happy with the last circuit as she did way too many impact moves with heavier weights. I'm not a fan of jumping around with heavy dumbbells, so I stuck to my 5 pounders. And her form on lateral raises made me cringe. Every instructor I've used says to stop at shoulder level; she was raising her dumbbells up almost over her head. I think I prefer HR or DC Fitt for metabolic workouts.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts