Old 12-11-23, 11:40 AM  
alisoncooks

*snort*

Wow.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 12:55 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I got that email and didn't read it all. Now I did. Wow, so many better ways to have said what she needed to say. For someone who earns their living via social media I thought she was more savvy than that.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 01:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Whoa! That's something else! What's gotten into people?

I don't think I get her emails anymore, but you can bet I will make sure I don't get them after that. It makes me feel like all that exercising with your good friend stuff was an act.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 02:25 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Haha I couldn’t do more than laugh and wait for the punch line as it read like a satire titled “How to Tank Your Business Without Even Trying.”

She is apparently a legend in her own mind, and not remotely in the same universe as “brilliant."

Now I will reenter my Zone of Genius and enjoy the rest of my delicious day.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 02:36 PM  
Poodlepants

Wow. That is really rude. I guess she is really looking to winnow down her email list. I am not someone who needs tough love. I find this email very confrontational.

Maybe it's because I am a social worker, but the whole "life coach" thing rubs me the wrong way. It takes years to get to a point where you can open your own practice as a therapist.

I know a lot of life coaches work with people who have professional goals, but I am reading her laundry list of "It's my job..." These items are type of thing I would see a therapist about. I hope she has the discernment to know when she is out of her scope of practice and suggest a client see someone who can really help them.
Old 12-11-23, 02:45 PM  
Messe

My Zone of Genius has discerned that she needs to be very careful where she steps, because her Zone of Genius is full of BS.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 06:06 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

That’s interesting. I thought I liked “old Pahla”… the one that made videos. She recently took many of her videos off YT. I wouldn’t be surprised if she removes more.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 06:14 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I don’t think I got that email, but I just unsubscribed from her channel. I don’t need to be scolded by people who don’t even know me.
I did the same thing after seeing the email contents posted here and in the FB group that formed after she shut down the other one.
Old 12-11-23, 06:18 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Whoa! That's something else! What's gotten into people?

I don't think I get her emails anymore, but you can bet I will make sure I don't get them after that. It makes me feel like all that exercising with your good friend stuff was an act.

Carol
agreed, so much for "your best middle aged fitness friend!"

uh...my friends don't talk to me like that....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 06:19 PM  
ellaenchanted

Yeah, I unsubscribed a while ago. She went all in on "being a brand." Also, life coach with no mental health credentials is a scam. She calls herself a menopause expert yet no medical credentials either.

She is also a lying liar who lies. She never did just her 20 minute workouts while she was losing weight. I found her when I ws still running a lot and I think I followed her on some apps like Strava. She popped up on something and she ran races in 2022. She slips up and lets out info on her podcast. She mentioned cutting way back on running but said she was running 3 miles. So, that plus she did resistance training. Then, she said she was lifting heavy as a goal to build strength all of 2023.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instructor behaving badly, pahla bowers