Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-26-06, 10:33 AM  
doskymom

Liz,

That's funny. Football season is definitely the time my elliptical trainer gets used the most.
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 10:34 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Congrats on your super results Barb!

I use 2-lb weights when I rebound too (UR Intermediate and FP G-Force). Now I must buy a Leslie, Your P90X arm comment got my attention .
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 10:48 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Not to belabor the point....but I didn't notice a difference until I started using 5 lbs weights. So, one would probably need to work up to that.
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 11:33 AM  
Lisan1128

Thanks Barb

Thanks Barb for reminding me of this. I was doing Leslie workouts regularly and using 5 lbs. and I had seen a noticeable difference in my arms. I was also doing SS regularly. I think I am going back to this along with some gym cardio and my Bar Workouts.
Old 08-26-06, 01:02 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Wow, Barb! WTG with the arm definition! I have some Leslie's that I just can't bring myself to do, but now I may try some of those moves with her...thanks for sharing
Old 08-27-06, 08:06 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=Barb]Linda: I use the 5 lbs throughout (I warm up just a bit first and stop using them when I cool down). I basically do regular hammer curl type movements whenever Leslie is walking or jogging. I do all types of other movements - such as military presses (I do a lot of these because they increase my heart rate) and biceps curls with kicks. Basically, I just do whatever I think "goes" with the lower body movement. I do make sure that I get in some triceps work (usually with kick backs when she does hamstring curls). It really is very simple, I would recommend starting with 2 or 3 lbs and then moving up. I tried using the band but I just don't like it, so I've been sticking with the weights.

QUOTE]

Thanks Barb! That sounds great! I will try that!

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-06, 11:22 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Great suggestion! I haven't done a Leslie in a long time and it doesn't take all that long to work up to 4-5lb weights with her videos.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-06, 02:44 PM  
sidse

OK, this is what I do, but I haven't worked up to 5 pounds yet, but I can use 3 pounders all the way through her 4 mile super challenge:

double arm rhomboid pinches/standing upright lat rows during kicks. I lean slightly back to engage my stomach muscles - but watch your lower back.

triceps kickbacks when Leslie does heel-to-butt type moves (I forget the proper name!)

biceps curls/hammer curls for basic walking

militaries or other shoulder engaging moves when Leslie does overhead type arm movements. So L flyes (prehab), front raises, delt flyes.

You could round out your arm workout with 16 pushups after the cooldown (before you stretch).
Old 08-27-06, 02:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for the suggestion! I have Walk and Jog, and even though this one is more intense than some of Leslie's other workouts, I've had trouble keeping my HR elevated. I have worn my weighted gloves for it before, but for some reason, I never thought about holding weights and adding in arm movements--duh! I will definitely try this.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-06, 07:56 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster
Thanks for the suggestion! I have Walk and Jog, and even though this one is more intense than some of Leslie's other workouts, I've had trouble keeping my HR elevated. I have worn my weighted gloves for it before, but for some reason, I never thought about holding weights and adding in arm movements--duh! I will definitely try this.
Beth, I've done this and it really fries your arms. Make sure not to go to fast, tho if you are holding 5 pounds.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone, leslie success, p90x arms, walking with weights, weighted walking