Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-06, 10:17 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Kelly Coffey's Shape of Things to Come

I visited her website and I think she looks amazing. Any opinions about this workout? How difficult is it, is it comparable to an advanced Cathe or Mindy (in other words, out of my league, lol)? Is it modifiable to any degree? I can't do tons of high impact, especially not moves like jumping upon a step, ouch!

I also looked at Pam Cosmi's circuit workout at Fitness Organica but I think it received some mixed reviews.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-06, 05:29 PM  
keb's mom

I don't think this workout is as tough as a an advanced Cathe or Mindy but there is definately some high impact. You could always modify to a lower impact version. (Although they don't always show one)
keb's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-06, 10:13 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I've done both Kelly's and Pam's and liked Pam's better, mostly because of the high impact in Kelly's. I'm pretty good at modifying but there was so much high impact that I got frustrated with all the modifying I had to do. I did like the upper body moves though, and there's a "premix" for just the upper body moves so I'm keeping the DVD mostly for that.

Pam's has some high impact in it but not as much, so the modifying doesn't seem like too much. I also liked Pam's exercises better generally than Kelly's.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-06, 10:36 PM  
tigger

I hate to say that I have this workout and haven't tried it yet, but I really liked Pam's circuit workout. It has some interesting and different exercises for upper and lower body.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-06, 11:52 PM  
Fitstick

I really like Kelly's Shape of Things to Come. To tell you the truth, it is hard to compare Kelly and Pam because their styles and their workouts are so different (check the Collage.com video clips). But if you are looking for a great workout that alterates some heart pumping cardio with weights, this is a great one! I really like it.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-06, 09:23 AM  
fab40's

I like it. I would cosider this the same tyoe of intensity as Cathe's C&W. Kelly's is primarily an upper body workout with short intensity blasts inserted. Not nearly as tough as Cathe, but I like the originality of this one. Different types of arm work. This is good for days you don't want alot of cardio.
fab40's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-06, 10:56 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks for all your comments. It sounds as if Pam's maybe isn't quite as intense as Kelly's. I do like the video clips I've seen of them.

Fitstick, I guess I compared Kelly and Pam because they're both circuit workouts with step and they both use the exact same set, don't they? So I guess I confuse them a little in my mind. But yes, I'm sure the workouts themselves are very different.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-06, 10:05 PM  
Fitstick

Actually Pam and Kelly's styles are very different but I like all of their workouts for different reasons. Even Pam's workout with bands, which I initially wasn't so sure about.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm