Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 07-24-06, 08:17 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna
Hi everyone

With some new stuff and re-releases out now by Leslie, I thought it might be good to have a thread where we list all of her dvds. I'll start by listing the ones I know of (and if anyone adds any to this thread I will edit my post so the whole list will be right up top) and then I will comment on which ones I think are essential.

1) Older Re-Releases (Walk Aerobics)

These are older Leslie Sansone workouts that are being released on dvd. These pre-date her "Walk Away the Pounds" system.

Miracle Mile (1-mile)
Two-Mile Walk (2-mile, obviously)
Fat-Burning Walk (4-mile)
Deluxe Fat-Burning Walk (2-mile AND 4-mile with toning section)
Weight Loss Walk
Walk & Firm Fat-Burner (toning and walking intervals)
40-Plus Walk

These dvds are also older titles and only available through the Jenny Craig site:

The Brisk Walk (2 miles)
The Strength Walk (20 minutes walking, 20 minutes toning)

2) Older Re-Releases (Toning)

Firm Up Fast
Firm Off Weight

3) Walk Away the Pounds

Original (1&2 mile disk, 3-mile disk, uses weighted balls)
Walk Away the Pounds for Abs (1&2 mile disk, 3-mile disk, uses ab belt)
Walk Away the Pounds Express (1&2 mile disk, 3-mile disk, uses band)
Walk Away the Pounds Express 4-Mile (uses band)
Walk Strong (walking and toning intervals using stretchie band)
Walk the Walk (Christian-themed)

Goodtimes has also released these add-ons on DVD, but they are rare and hard to find (except for the ones marked * which are now re-released as part of the Power series and freely available retail):

Morning Mile Plus Abs
Evening Mile Plus Legs
Power Mile"
30 Minute Walk
Walk Away Your Stress
Walk & Kick*
Walk & Jog*
Muscle Mile One
Yoga Walk

4) Newer Toning

You Can do It Pilates
You Can do It Abs
You Can do It Yoga
Shortcuts Series (one dvd)

5) Walkblaster Series (using the ramp)

Slim & Thin
Shape & Firm
Sculpt & Burn

6) Power Series Re-Releases

Walk & Kick
Walk & Jog
Power Mile

Now, my comments:

GROUP 1: These older workouts have some value for the Leslie fan. 2-Mile Walk is very well-regarded and features a greater variety of moves than Leslie's somewhat simplified newer stuff. It is also not that dated looking. Also, there are a few four-mile choices here which might interest some people. Of this group. I only have 2-Mile Walk but might get the Deluxe one.

GROUP 2: These workouts were described in VF reviews as very basic. The first one got a good review which described one set of 15 or so per exercise. The second one was described as mostly leg lifts. I have not seen either of these, but given their reviews and the age of these, I would say a beginenr has plenty of better choices now.

GROUP 3: I like all of these and have all of the 1&2 mile disks. I would recommend any of them. Youc an modify the equipment quite easily and I have found that if I am already warmed up, I can keep my heart rate in my zone by keeping my arm movements big.

GROUP 4: I have not tried any of these. I did used to have Leslie's Yoga Walk vhs and did not much care for it. I enjoy her for the walking and would not really consider her a contender for other things.

GROUP 5: I have seen these positively reviewed. However, I have major reservations about kits like this that require you to pay big bucks for a bulky piece of equipment that you might not be able to use with other things. An extra few dollars for weighted balls or a stretchie band is one thing, but this ramp thing is massive. I think it was a mistake for Leslie to go this route. BUT---I have seen these workouts get good reviews and there are other ramping workouts on the market so it it your call. My call is no

GROUP 6: Excellent routines I remember from their vhs days. I would heartily recommend any of these. I bought all but Power Mile because a mile is just too short for me.

If I were starting from scratch, I would get these 5:

- 2-Mile Walk, for the greater variety of moves in the older series
- Any of the Walk Away the Pounds 1&2 Mile or 3-mile disks
- Walk & Kick
- Walk & Jog
- One longer 4-mile

So, any dvds I missed? Anyone want to comment on what they think are the essentials?

Joanna
What about the Powerwalk system? I just ordered this system off of Amazon, I hope it isnt somthing I already have. I dont think it is though.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-06, 11:59 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Excuse me if these have been mentioned, but I didn't see them:

Part of original WAP series: 10 Minute Tone-up (on VHS only)
original Walk Strong (1/2-hr AWT format)
Part of WAP Abs: 1 Mile Super Challenge (on VHS only)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evening mile, leslie sansone, power walking system, walk diet