Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-03, 09:13 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Scorpio Moon- you are right that it can be bad sometimes to do the same two or three tapes forever. But imho, forever is the operative word. Most of the beachbody programs are time-limited. Yes, you might only be doing Slim in 6---but the program is only six weeks. After the six weeks are up, you are supposed to do something else. There is a balance between consistency and over-training :-)

I am doing Power 90 right now, and I think for my own future reference, 90 days is a little long. But I also remember my 4-week Joyce rotation, and suspect I could have had even better benefits if I went longer. I think for me, six weeks is an optimum rotation. Long enough to see results, but not so long I die of boredom.

Joanna

p.s. thanks for the thanks, everyone! Glad you are enjoying this thread
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-03, 09:19 AM  
mel VF

I was wondering if there are any video clips of the beachbody products anywhere on the web? Collage doesn't carry these tapes, and I didn't notice any clips available for viewing at beachbody's website. I'm getting intrigued by all the buzz, but I do think a clip would help me tell whether I'm likely to enjoy the tapes.
mel VF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-03, 03:41 PM  
Pykkalo

Unfortunately, there are no clips available anywhere.

242/203/135
Pykkalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-03, 05:00 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Clips are a good idea - why not suggest it to beachbody?

As far as why COllage doesn't carry their stuff - I have no idea - but i'm guessing they don't want anyone carrying their stuff. Not really sure why.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-03, 05:33 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Joanna, you've done it again:)

Thank you so much for this thread and the Mother of all Slim Series Thread, Joanna! An awesome job done well. I've found it more helpful than the booklet BB sent with my SS tapes! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-28-03, 09:19 PM  
mel VF

Pykkalo, thanks for the info (I knew I hadn't found any clips, but I was kind of hoping that they were hiding out there somewhere on the net).

Leela, I searched for slim series at Collage, and instead of the usual "didn't find anything to match your search terms" I got this message: "We have chosen not to carry the Power 90 product. While the actual workouts are fine, The Power 90 System is primarily focused on their "fat-burning" dietary supplements. And Collage is not a big believer in the benefits of supplements." I think that it is too bad, because from what I have been reading here, I don't think I want to order from BeachBody.
mel VF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-03, 07:03 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

A quick edit to this thread regarding Beachbody's customer service problems:

Several Vfers have reported some strange customer service issues with beachbody.com, including severely delayed orders and unusual charges on their credit cards. Beachbody.com claims they are going through some system upgrades and they hope the problems will be resolved soon, but many VFers are understandably wary. Time will tell if this is a temporary problem or not, however on the plus it should be noted that unlike some other "customer service horror stories" people have had in the past, beachbody.com seems eager to learn from their mistakes and resolve any issues.

I am pasting a link below to a letter that beachbody rep Amber Otto sent specially to a VFer on the matter:

http://205.214.68.83/vbulletin/showt...threadid=35555

Any Vfers who are having customer service issues with beachbody.com should address their complaints to Amber directly. And if they do resolve your issue in a timely and professional manner, by all means report back to us :-) I hope these problems are merely growing pains for beachbody.com and if they do come out of it better able to deal with their customer service demands, that's wonderful news for VFers.

Joanna
Old 04-29-04, 10:17 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Go here for Everything Power 90 X (P90X)
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=48711

Joanna
Old 04-29-04, 07:05 PM  
Fante Yaa
VF Supporter

What results (if any) have people had alternating Slim in 6 with cardio? I plan to do my first Slim in 6 rotation before I go to Africa for a month this summer and I can't imagine doing the same tape 6X a week. Plus I'm a weakling. How about alternating Sun, Tue, Thur, Sat weeks with Mon, Wed, Fri weeks with Slim & 6 pack or Slim & Limber + cardio on the off days?

~~~Nubi~~~

"The solution comes up every day."
2006 Workout Challenge 4/219
Fante Yaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-04, 07:35 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Hi Nubi. I highly recommend doing a rotation that you have outlined. I personally like spacing both SI6 workouts and SS workouts with cardio.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, everything