Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-22, 03:40 AM  
Negin

YouTubers who Post Daily

How does one keep up, if at all? I'm not talking about challenges. I'm talking about those who post a new workout video every. single. day. I love Burpee Girl and Burpee Girl Short Workouts. I love the music and the no talking aspect. However, I'm the type to get overwhelmed easily when there are too many videos and too many choices. I bookmark only the ones that truly appeal to me, and am very selective, but even then, it is overwhelming. Any suggestions, other than unsubscribing, which would be a shame really, since I do love her workouts. I have often found that when anyone posts excessively on social media - whether it's Facebook, YouTube, Good Reads, or what have you - you start appreciating it less, at least I do. The law of diminishing returns. I subscribe to many channels: workouts, skin care, you name it - and I have found that whenever they post excessively, I get overwhelmed, start appreciating it all less, and end up unsubscribing. Once or twice a week to me is reasonable and ideal. Daily is excessive.
Old 11-27-22, 07:14 AM  
Terry

I think this is yet another version of “All or None”. I do this to myself too, and for more than just working out. One thing I have used against it is the word “Some” as an affirmation.

I’m glad you posted this today, even if it’s not actually an All or None thing for you as it is for me. It reminded me to get stuff done that I’ve been avoiding because I can’t do all of it in a day (irrational).
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 09:56 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I can relate to this. I find youtube in general overwhelming, with so many choices and so many posters wanting you 'like and subscribe.' I try to avoid youtube for this reason.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 11:05 AM  
Venus

I like to use the playlists to sort through channels with a lot of workouts. Burpee Girl has hundreds of videos in some of the playlists, though. You could try searching for her workouts to narrow down results (instead of trying to sort through them on the channel). For example, instead of going to her Muscle Toning Workouts playlist, try searching for "burpeegirl 20 minute strength workout lower body" (channel name, length of workout, type of workout).

BurpeeGirl Short Workouts Playlists

BurpeeGirl Playlists

BurpeeGirl Created Playlists

In the created playlists, there are weekly plan playlists. You could try those and avoid the rest of the videos. Or maybe try creating your own playlists, adding your favorite workouts as you try them.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 11:40 AM  
donnamp

I do what Venus does, I get overwhelmed by all the choices, even on channels where there is not a new workout every day - like Senior Shape by Lauren or Girl with the Pilates Mat, etc. Both of them post a weekly play list and if I feel like doing one of their workouts that week, i look to the playlist for inspiration.

I honestly don't know how anyone can post a workout (or anything!) every day. It is more work than it looks to create videos - so I'm guessing in the case of Burpee Girl and others who post daily that You Tube must be their full time job.

Also, w/ workouts - I wonder if they are over doing it - I mean, they probably do not "do" the workout on the day they post it, I'm thinking they probably film a bunch and then edit and post them. I hope that make sense. I just wonder if they are over doing workouts by posting them daily.

I also like Burpee Girl - and I like her Burpee Girl short workouts channel as well. If i'm in the mood for one of hers I either look to her playlist on her main channel and pick one from there or I do one of the more recent ones in the "short workouts" channel - like something she posted in the last 5-7 days. It narrows the choices.

Lively Ladies posts on M-W-F and that is not overwhelming for me, if I'm in the mood for her i pick one she posted that week or the week before.

I do know what you mean it is easy to OD on content and it is hard to keep it all fresh.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 07:19 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I focus on one person and add in other people’s stuff as I feel like it. So I’m a huge Caroline Girvan (CG) person. I always do whatever is scheduled for her program I’m doing. So right now I’m working through Epic 3 again. So M,T,W,F and Sun it will be an Epic 3 workout. But Thursday and Saturday she doesn’t put anything out so I’ll check out Fitness KayKay who only posts two or three a week now that she has her app too. I also check Courtney Anderson (posts five days a week) and pick what I like from what they put out. Usually I’ll do the cardio either of those two people put out because my strength is already covered.

I personally find a lot of YouTubers either do the same thing over and over or they do a lot of what I call junk moves (look flashy or tough but aren’t accomplishing anything) or they use questionable form or what I consider light weights. One of them had her kids with her in the intro once when I was looking for something to do. I have a tough time with kids mugging for the camera. That’s great if I was their grandma but I’m not and it looks and sounds like chaos. I didn’t let my kids do stuff like that so that kind of parenting style gets on my nerves. I couldn’t get through her intro. I’m still subscribed to a lot of people and I see what they post every day but I rarely even view their workouts. I don’t like overhyped stuff that doesn’t deliver ie burn a 1,000 calories in 30 minutes, not possible. I am not on social media and have a very low tolerance level for obvious BS. I won’t give out likes unless I actually like it.

I always get after my kids for watching what I call Internet junk. I’m like don’t give them any money by watching their stuff. It’s stupid and they need to get a legit job. But they aren’t watching workouts. Lol

Anyway, I guess what my suggestion is is to try and focus on one or two or five (lol) channels for a while and sift out what you actually enjoy doing and find beneficial to you to do and don’t worry about liking or doing everything.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 04:36 AM  
Negin

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions! Those tips should make it far more manageable. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who gets overwhelmed.
Old 11-28-22, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Sort of on topic??

I did a Burpee Girl workout this morning, inspired by this thread.

I wonder if the way she is able to post so many workouts is by not filming complete workouts but filming segments and then editing them together. Like for instance, she would film herself doing squats and then she would use that same footage in multiple videos. If that is what she does it does explain being able to post so much. If that is what she does, she does a really good job w/ the editing - so that must take her some time. She is careful to have the same outfit on, etc.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 10:48 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I wonder if the way she is able to post so many workouts is by not filming complete workouts but filming segments and then editing them together. Like for instance, she would film herself doing squats and then she would use that same footage in multiple videos. If that is what she does it does explain being able to post so much. If that is what she does, she does a really good job w/ the editing - so that must take her some time. She is careful to have the same outfit on, etc.
Donna, wow! Now you've got me thinking . That's a possibility, especially given that she wears the same outfits. Yes, if true, great job on the editing!
Old 11-28-22, 03:09 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
One of them had her kids with her in the intro once when I was looking for something to do. I have a tough time with kids mugging for the camera. That’s great if I was their grandma but I’m not and it looks and sounds like chaos. I didn’t let my kids do stuff like that so that kind of parenting style gets on my nerves. I couldn’t get through her intro. I’m still subscribed to a lot of people and I see what they post every day but I rarely even view their workouts. I don’t like overhyped stuff that doesn’t deliver ie burn a 1,000 calories in 30 minutes, not possible. I am not on social media and have a very low tolerance level for obvious BS. I won’t give out likes unless I actually like it.
LOL, that was probably Bodyfit by Amy? On Saturday mornings she does have her kids with her for a minute or so at the intro to her workouts (dressed up in costumes and a little raucous sometimes) but the other workouts she posts during the week she is by herself. She is one of my favorite instructors because her workouts for me are challenging without being overwhelming. But if Caroline Girvan is one of your favorites you might find Amy not challenging enough :-)
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burpee girl, prolific instructors, too many choices, too many options, variety, youtube, youtube channels