Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-22, 08:36 AM  
sherry7899

Did the time change mess up your exercise routine?

The time change hit me hard this year. I am.falling asleep too early and waking up way too early. That has taken away my energy and motivation to do any exercise. Has this happened to anyone else this year? I hope my body will adjust in a few more days...but I am getting my flu.shot and possibly the shingles shot next Tuesday, so that will knock me out for a few days. I always react to vaccines.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

I was VERY tired last week - it could have been because I was recovering form a cold - but I think part of it was the time change. I'm also falling asleep very early and waking up early - and it is annoying - but it is a little better this week. I don't actually mind getting up earlier, but i don't want to get up at 4:00 a.m.!

I wish that we would not change the clocks at all any more. I know many people want to be in daylight savings all the time - but that will mean for some places in the dead of winter it will not be light in the morning until 9:00 a.m. or later which isn't great either - kids going to school in the dark, etc.

I personally wish we would stay on standard time year round and just not mess with the clocks. The spring ahead kills me more than the fall back.

Good luck w/ your vaccines. I react to them all as well. I still have to get the COVID booster and I'm dreading it. The flu shot this year was not too bad for me. I haven't even thought about the shingles one, b/c I think even people who don't react to vaccines react to that one.

Hopefully your body will adjust over time to the change. I do feel better this week - but still tired early at night and waking up earlier than I would like in hte morning.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 09:05 AM  
donellda

My workout routine is messed up but I can't blame it on the time change. It was from the Covid infection that I got from my husband. We tried masking and isolating in different areas of the house but I managed to still get it. Luckily, we both had our bivalent boosters so our cases were not severe. I had mainly cold symptoms. Now I have to figure out how to teach my fitness class tomorrow. It will be low level for sure.
Old 11-16-22, 04:56 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

It messed up my sleep something awful because I wasn't able to get to bed Saturday night to take advantage of the extra hour. If my sleep is messed up, so is my exercise schedule.
Old 11-16-22, 04:58 PM  
buffmama

I'm definitely up way too early in the mornings and going to sleep earlier than usual as well. My exercise hasn't changed though.
Old 11-16-22, 05:35 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I was a shift worker for years, used to switch back & forth from days to night shifts. So I don’t notice the 1 hour time change. I’m retired now so that helps a lot too.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 07:20 PM  
Mickey12

The time change disturbs me too. I go to bed earlier for a few days and that helps. Luckily it doesn’t affect me enough to alter my exercise schedule. As others have said, the change in the Spring bothers me more.

Sherry, I hope you feel back to normal soon.
Old 11-17-22, 01:20 AM  
rhbrand

This year, YES.

I usually don't get to bothered by the fall back and more with spring forward. But this year, fall back has got me messed up.
Old 11-17-22, 03:55 AM  
SEV

The fall time change actually helps my routine. I workout in the mornings, and it's so much easier to get going with an earlier sunrise.
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-22, 06:32 AM  
jusca

Yes! I usually get up at 8-8:30 with the sunlight pouring through the window. Exercise starts around 9. Now I am waking up at 7am which is way too early. It throws off my exercise and eating schedule. Once I am up, it's very difficult for me to go back to sleep and feel rested. I need an unbroken sleep cycle to feel good.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daylight saving time, workout time of day