Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-31-19, 07:47 PM  
Karla25

Breath Workouts

I recently did the ‘Minute Breath’ practice on the Quick Fixes dvd. It was difficult for me, and I now want to incorporate more breathing practices into my workout rotation. Can you recommend any workouts that include practices that focus solely on breathing techniques?
Old 08-31-19, 10:07 PM  
bubbles76

I believe Max Strom's dvd "Learn to Breathe" is all breath work. I've never tried it, but I believe Toaster (Dr. Beth) has. Most kundalini yoga practices have a lot of breath work.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 12:55 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I believe Max Strom's dvd "Learn to Breathe" is all breath work. I've never tried it, but I believe Toaster (Dr. Beth) has. Most kundalini yoga practices have a lot of breath work.
Thanks! I will check it out. I do a lot of cardio and was surprised that breath work was difficult for me.
Old 09-01-19, 01:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Strom's "Learn to Breathe" is a nice DVD that does teach breathwork and also incorporates breath with with movement.

A more advanced breath DVD is Advanced Pranayamas:
https://smile.amazon.com/ADVANCED-PR.../dp/B0032UQF0Y

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 01:29 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

oxycise on youtube. '

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 10:25 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have the Insight Timer meditation app. There are a number of breathing practices. You can filter out ones with spiritual or religious content if you wish.

Janice Novak's Posture, Get It Straight! DVD has a tough abs section where you use breath control to work the abs. (Be advised that it is a DVD-R.)

Most of Lee Holden's qi gong practices have moves where one coordinates breath with movement.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 11:38 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners has a really nice practice called Breath and Gentle Movement with Breath. It helps you breath properly with the movements. And it's very relaxing!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 03:16 PM  
Karla25

Thank you for the responses! I have looked into Lee Holden and there’s a dvd I want dedicated to breathing. I’m waiting to see if I can get it for a better price. I will look into the Jane Adams workout.

Fortunately, I lucked upon a wonderful YouTube channel that has box breathing and other types of breathing practices. It’s been beneficial to me :-) In case anyone might also be interested in these practices, here’s the link:

https://youtu.be/MWKjhz0WFQc
Old 09-12-19, 06:32 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks Karla!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 07:29 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Thank you for the responses! I have looked into Lee Holden and there’s a dvd I want dedicating to breathing. I’m waiting to see if I can get it for a better price. I will look into the Jane Adams workout.

Fortunately, I lucked upon a wonderful YouTube channel that has box breathing and other types of breathing practices. It’s been beneficial to me :-) In case anyone might also be interested in these practices, here’s the link:

https://youtu.be/MWKjhz0WFQc

If you can wait, the site YMAA that sells Lee's dvd has either 50 or 60 percent off sales near Christmas.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breath workouts, breathing, greer childers