Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-22, 12:15 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Unhappy I need to restart once again

My exercise has been hit or miss since about November. No health issues just lots of interruptions. I have been going to PT twice a week so I haven't been totally inactive, but I really need to get on a regular program again. Any suggestions. Tend to get bored with beginner workouts, but that's what I need.
Would love suggestions.
Old 03-09-22, 12:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

what do you currently have in your collection?

beginner workouts are good because you can always amp them up.

i am beginner/intermediate by choice - the world is teeming with beginners and intermediates!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 12:50 PM  
sherry7899

I love Team Body Project. They have over fifty free workouts on you tube and over 500 on their site. The instructor Daniel is so motivating.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 02:02 PM  
red1013

I reach for Prevention workouts when I want something a little easier. I especially like the ones with Chris Freytag. They always have someone doing beginner modifications too.
Old 03-09-22, 02:19 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Do the workouts you love, no matter what they are. Start with something that is 10 or 15 minutes long then add on if you feel like you want to do more. Sometimes, you just need to start something short and you'll be more motivated to do more.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 02:29 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I love Team Body Project. They have over fifty free workouts on you tube and over 500 on their site. The instructor Daniel is so motivating.
Oh yeah! They have tons of free workouts for most levels and abilities. Love TBP!

Body Project on YouTube.

I don't think there is currently a Re-Starters Check-in. Maybe see if there is any interest?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 07:18 PM  
OSusanna

I have to restart too. I’m recovering from an injury. Typically when I restart I do a Leslie Sansone work out in conjunction with the shorter Margaret Richard work outs. But for some reason that is not appealing to me this time around even though it’s been successful for me before.

So I am thinking about pulling out some of my more difficult workouts, ones that are intermediate and deciding to do them with low weights or even no Weights. I’m still in the thinking stage on this one. I like the idea because I think it will be easier to tell my progress over time. For example let’s say pull out my Tracie Long workouts and I know they’re out of my league right now but I do the best I can with them and then I know that I progressed when I can do them out right.

The old Firms used to have a modifier that didn’t use any weights at all for beginners.

I think the battle for me is consistency. I Should do the activity that will get done.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 07:23 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Check out Joyn at: https://www.joyn.co

Over 300 free workouts, body positive, and perfect to get you back in the groove!! Jessica is great for yoga, Kanoa for cardio, and Hannah for dance!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 07:29 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

What is easy for you to do? DVDs? Streaming? Going for a walk outside? What do you love to do?

I'd find the intersection of the answers to those two questions and go with it for 10 minutes. You might do more, but the goal of 10 minutes is doable. Now, I just need to do that myself!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 08:22 PM  
Pam

My exercising has been in 2021 and so far in 2022 been very few workouts, (due to injuries and family stuff) but still some hikes and outdoor projects that would count as working out. I am definitely back to beginner/intermediate level, while I was doing advance workouts a year ago.

Somebody suggested here on Vf (I forgot who, but a big thanks!), was to do easy workouts, that generally I wouldn't do, as they would be too easy and just have fun. So, that is what I have been doing. I have done several of Tanya Djeclevic's (my favorite when I started with DVDS in 2009), several of Tamile Webb's and this morning Reach by Karen Anderson. The hour workout went by so fast, to convince myself it was truly an hour, I looked at Reviews here on VF. I would have believed it, if someone had said it was only 30 minutes. Tomorrow what I am going to do, I am not sure. I am just doing what I want and having fun. Later will I plan a rotation.

Tags
restarting