Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-22, 01:57 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Hi. I had a long post I tried to submit yesterday but I kept receiving the '500 Server Error' message. I tried to copy/paste my original text from a word document but VF won't allow that. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a good day, everyone!
Old 10-26-22, 05:11 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone,

Well, now Riley seems to be failing. We thought she would be gone by this point and never imagined Monkey would leave us so soon and suddenly.

With that said, I've been up since 2:30 a.m., couldn't get back to sleep. I'm going to temporarily sign off from VF and other social media.

I'm sorry to be such a bummer but this has been a trying year and I'm feeling quite beaten down.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-22, 08:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Well that was a short lived job. I'm not a quitter so I felt a little bad about it but it was just too much for my ankle at this point. And it was much more work than I really want to do anymore regardless of the ankle. I worked hard all my life and I'm over it. LOL. We had to prep food, cook paninis, serve the kids, wash pots & pans, stock soda machines. Nope those days are over. Plus I was limping at the end of both shifts with a swollen ankle. Not worth it.
So back to more job searching. I guess I'm not quite ready for a standing job but when I'm ready it's not going to be that physical.

DIANE, {{hugs}} I'm so sorry for all you're going through.

PAT, good job with the gym and yoga. The healing sound session sounds interesting.
I hope you found some guidance at the senior center. It's all very confusing and the takeaway is that Medicare covers less and less than it used to but what else is new?I recently found out they only cover ob/gyn exams every other year and no more pap smears after 65 unless you have abnormal symptoms. Great. They're over 65, let the old girls die off, who cares? This country loves taking care of the female population

DONNA, great workout mix. You're always finding new workout sources.

Hi CHRISTINA.

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-22, 09:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! After the Medicare thing we attended the gym, where I did a 15/15/15/15 workout of treadmill / recumbent bike / arc trainer / dumbbell workout for bis, tris and delts.

I learned more about the intricacies of Medicare, at least. I was aware the presenter is is technically a salesman for United, but he can also help in any case or situation, and he doesn't get paid by the client. DH should be okay, he's relatively healthy except for HBP and he can get an Advantage plan with no problem. I'm a different story because I take biologic medications. To further complicate it, depending on my prescription I either inject myself or go to a facility for infusions. Boy oh boy. Insurance will be controlling my condition so much I may as well skip the doctor and just talk to an adjuster.

I came away with three certainties:

1 - Medicare is an unholy alliance between the government, the insurance industry and Big Pharma.

2 - You take a gamble every enrollment period - will I stay healthy, or if I'm sick, will I get sicker? The insurance companies have built in protection, but we do not.

3 - I will probably keel over at my desk so I can stay on corporate insurance. Oh well! Even though we can make these selections on our own, we're each going to meet with the guy for at least the first year.

Christina I hate that error! I know what you mean about having the post copied but then it won't even let you paste it fresh. So weird.

Summer Breeze, oh well you have to do the right thing for your health at this point. I have to say, "aide" doesn't encompass what you were really doing. Wow, that's a demanding and physical job. Maybe something more in line with your desires will open up.

Oh Diane that is sad news. We will miss you but I understand. Sending prayers and hugs for you and Riley.

Good morning Donna!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-22, 09:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit pressed for time today....mostly just me being disorganized!

Anyway, this morning was:

Grow with Jo - 'Do this Every Morning for Weight Loss" - it was a 20 or so minute "walking" type workout - you would do 30 seconds or so of a non-walking exercise followed by 10 seconds of walking. She referred to it as Tabata, but I think that is marketing. I wanted something low impact and barefoot that I can use to warm up before Pilates. This fit the bill. Jo is very cute and has a nice camera presence - this was done w/ all music, no talking.

Jessica Valent - A little bit of everything Pilates class. I enjoyed this one. I stuck w/ the basic version of most of the exercises and skipped the roll over at the end - just no way my spine is doing that.

Christine - I'm sorry you had errors posting!

Diane - I'm sorry for all you are going through - please come back when you are ready - we are here for you!

Summer Breeze - it sounds like that job was just not a good fit for you. I don't blame you for leaving it! Your health comes first.

Pat - Ugh on the Medicare. The whole state of healthcare in this country is just deplorable. Even going back to what Summer Breeze said about them not covering pap smears after 65 - it really is like "your old, who cares..." And then just the care and lack of attention you get when you finally do see a medical professional. Sheesh. I am somewhat lucky, when I retire from my job I can take my insurance with me - so that is helpful. I have to pay for it - but it is at the employee rate. But i guess at some point once I retire I have to go on Medicare and this will just be my supplemental. the whole thing is a mess. And it seems like everyone but the patient and medical professional has a say in what is the best treatment. Sort of seems completely backwards to me.

I feel a political rant coming on...so I'd better zip it. LOL!

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-22, 07:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did manage to get out for a dog walk.

Today, so far...

- Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Cardio HIIT Workout - this was not the hardest HIIT workout I ever did, but it also was not totally easy either. It was 10 exercises, 45 seconds on/15 seconds off - repeat the circuit. You can definitely go at your own pace and make it either harder or easier.

- Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Gentle Yoga Stretch Workout - this was a nice one - I think it was he new video this week.

Waves, everyone! Happy Friday Eve - and I am taking tomorrow off from work - basically to burn up some vacation time and DH is off for a doctor's appointment.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Donna
Old 10-27-22, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Nothing to report, I had my six week massage after work and relaxed. I had all intentions of doing an Ellen during the day but it didn't happen.

I pre-ordered Kassandra's new affirmation cards. I opted not to get the matching journal because realistically, it won't get used, but I regularly work with oracle and tarot cards and these are beautiful. I still have to do more practices from the new book. Bad me.

Donna, both the HIIT and the stretch by Lauren look good, I'll have to try those. I feel exactly as you about our health care situation - but it's a slippery slope talking about it here and what can we do about it anyway?

Summer Breeze, how are your foot and ankle today?

Happy Friday Eve to all!
Old 10-28-22, 09:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy FriYay! Yesterday was another low key day - nursing something I did to my outer quad at the gym, or who knows where. My nurturing day featured:

~ A Kassandra 10 minute morning yoga for back pain
~ Yin Yoga for Emotional Healing from Kassandra's A Year of Yoga plus Fall Body Scan meditation
~ 3,932 steps

I finally got into the book and scanned the QR codes for fall, then set up a favorites list. About time!

Have a wonderful Friday ladies!
Old 10-28-22, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday I had the root canal part 2. She was able to finally reach the roots and do whatever it is they do during a root canal.
LOL. So the next step is getting the crown.
Sheesh. It's a little sore but nothing too severe thankfully. What an ordeal though.
I was in the chair an hour and a half with my mouth open

PAT, boy you hit the nail on the head about medicare -- an unholy alliance indeed! My ankle was still a little sore yesterday but today it seems back to where I was before the ill-fated job. Not perfect but no soreness. Just a little stiff and slightly swollen still. I hope your outer quad is soothed.

DONNA, I hear you on the political rant. Best left unsaid here. Enjoy your day off.

Waves & hugs to DIANE & CHRISTINA.

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 01:43 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Enjoying my low key day off.

DH had a Dr's appointment and only got yelled at a little bit. LOL....

We ran some errands and I have just been catching up on housework and puttering. I can get used to this, honestly, so nice not to be glued to a screen. I will probably take my dog for a walk soon....and then stretch out a bit.

this morning I did:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Kettlebell workout - this was not a traditional kettlebell workout - basically it was a weight training workout using one weight - which did not have to be a kbell. I enjoyed it though and i think I may end up sore from it. The time went by fast. Lauren is very calming

The Girl w/ the Pilates Mat - 20 Min Pilates Total Core workout - safe for back issues - I liked this one quite a bit. It wasn't easy but I can see why she labeled it safe for back issues -there is none of the dreaded (to me) spinal articulation type exercises. Those tend to tweak my back. I can articulate in bridge, but rolling/up down on my spine not so much. I can't believe it took me so long to try something from her channel. I will do more -

Random updates - I finally scheduled my flu shot - I'm going on Monday afternoon. I have to go to the dentist on Monday as well to repair a small filling. I mean, Mondays stink anyway why not get it done then.

My DD got the flu and COVID shots and she was a little sick, but nothing terrible.

My knee is tweaked for some reason and that is odd for me - that is not a spot that normally hurts so... trying to figure that out. But hopefully it will disappear as mysteriously as it appeared.

Pat - I have to get going w/ Kassanrda's book also! I hope you have a good Friday!

Summer Breeze - that does sound like an ordeal at the dentist.... glad it is over.

Waves, everyone enjoy the day/weekend~

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga