Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-15-22, 08:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, I’m still here!

Thursday:
~500 meter swim with my hand paddles
~Long walkabout, broke through 20,000 steps
~Much needed yin on my own at bedtime. I think I’m on the edge of overdoing it, lol, but I’m hanging in. Thankfully the terrain is flat here

Friday:
~PT exercises: pelvic drops & glute med wall presses
~Standing Chair Yoga Flow (Daytona Yoga YT) - This was really nice, did plank to updog to down dog with hands on the seat of the chair. This worked great for me. The floor here is hard and my mat is thin so I’m still into mostly standing practices.
~600 meter swim with my hand paddles
~Shorter walkabout, 10,000 steps. DH had very stiff hamstrings so I actually got him to do some leg & hip stretches.

Today:
~Essentrics TV: Dyan Decastro’s Live, 30 min all standing
~Moon Salutation Sequence: Honoring the Divine Within (Allie The Journey Junkie YT)
~Another walkabout to get groceries, 10,000 steps. We moved locations today from an Airbnb studio to a house. The rest of the family arrives today for 2 weeks. We are very excited as this has been planned for over a year! BTW, we are in Hawaii.

I’ll be back later with a few shout outs!
Waves

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 10:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Very low key day for me, I only accomplished day 3 of Kassandra's yoga/meditation challenge. I had to modify the wrist stuff but it was a nice little routine that gets a lot done in 15 minutes. I did some reading and got a bathroom cabinet decluttered and scrubbed down. I have too much Paula's Choice.

It's another frigid one here, I must make an effort to move more while voluntarily housebound.

Pam, how exciting about your family gathering in Hawaii! Lots of steps and laps, you go!

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 06:34 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey everyone,

Chris is not feeling well again. And, of course, we're getting hit with a lot of snow tomorrow. We are so stumped as he has had x-rays, blood work and had been palpated by the vet extensively. We know that he is at the start of kidney disease but have no idea why he feels crappy right now. It's nowhere near advanced.

So, with that said, if I disappear for a few more days, no worries. Just send some positive energy Chris' way. I am prepared for the worst but, sadly, my husband is heartbroken. They are attached at the hip. He does know this is the circle of life and we have to let go when it's time. Sigh.....

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 09:19 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Workouts for today have been:

Ellen - Peace, love and cardio
Sarah Beth - Yoga for Beginners - Strength
Annie Pilates Physical Therapy - Piriformis routine w/ band

I did sign up for Sarah Beth's paid service for $1 for the month. I started her beginner to Yogi calendar. I will likely not continue the subscription though b/c it is so pricey! But it is nice to see what it is all about.

I had to do Annie's workout today b/c I have been slacking on my hip/glute work.

Other than that - not much going on - terrible weather this evening - snow -freezing rain - ugh.

Diane - I'm sorry about Chris - this week, I need to take my Lab in to the vet - I suspect she is having some kidney issues as well - lots of pee and lots of drinking. It is very difficult even though she has lived a full Lab life span. Hopefully there is something they can give her to keep her going for a little while longer.

Pat - I am still decluttering skin care around here! I am slowly using stuff I had and getting rid of stuff I don't like....and that doesn't work for me.... I got sidetracked with Sarah Beth, but I plan to visit with Kassandra again - her paid site is half the price and I think I prefer her as an instructor anyway. Just click with her more, although Sarah Beth does have some good practices on her site that I enjoy. You know, walking around those stores bothers my back, too. I wonder if it is the surface - hard floors - I used to have some inserts for my shoes, should pull those out again.

Pam - nice workouts.

Summer Breeze - glad you got started with something -hopefully your are still feeling good.

Waves - stay warm!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 11:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day! I'm enjoying the day off and had my fourth sleep-in, long meditation, Reiki and this morning I played with my tarot cards too. Tomorrow I'm back to 5:30 a.m. and trying to squeeze in a five minute meditation. Yesterday featured:

~ My own pre-gym yoga/PT routine
~ GYM for 15 recumbent and an hour of weight machines plus static lunges and step-ups
~ 5,552 steps

Donna, we had a dicey night too. Pouring buckets and howling wind. At least it warmed right up and all the ice is gone. Can't believe it went from -5 to 43 degrees in a few days!! Best wishes to your lab.

Hugs Diane, sending healing energy to Chris and I hope the storm fizzled out for you, too.

Good morning Summer Breeze and Pam!
Old 01-17-22, 12:46 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning/afternoon (since I had the day off!) featured:

Senior Shape by Lauren - Full Body Barre w/ Mini Loop Resistance Band
Sarah Beth Yoga - Yoga for Beginners - Morning Stretches to Wake Up

I enjoyed the barre workout w/ the resistance loop - realized that my left glute and hip is much weaker than my right.....but these resistance loop workouts really do help w/ my weak glute and hip muscles.

Pat - aren't those leisurely mornings just the best? That is one thing I'm looking forward to in retirement - not having to rush through everything.
The weather fizzled out here as well - it is crazy - yesterday morning it was in the teens then it rose up to the 40's over night. it is not quite that warm now, but it is above freezing.

Diane - I hope everything is ok w/ your kitty.

Waves, Summer Breeze and Pam!

Donna
Old 01-17-22, 01:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Walkabout, 11,000 steps
~Family beach time, short swim
~Moon Salutations (Mind Body Soul YT)

Diane - Sorry about Christopher. That final decision is a hard one, (((hugs))).

Donna - A resistance loop really kicks the intensity up a notch.

Waves to Pat & Summer breeze!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-18-22, 07:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts were:

Lively Ladies - Low Impact Sweaty Cardio Workout (1/14/22 Upload)
Jessica Valent - Hip Pain Routine
Sarah Beth - Yoga for Beginners Full Body Basic Yoga Stretches

Not much to report about these - LL was as expected and typical of her other workouts, which is NOT a bad thing. Jessica Valent was my PT for the day.
And, I'm continuing on w/ Sarah Beth's Beginner to Yogi calendar - I'm enjoying it so far. It is on her streaming site, and I will probably not finish it before my $1 month is up - but I don't think I will subscribe b/c it is too pricey - $29/month - and that is too much for me to pay - especially with all the yoga DVDs I own plus the assortment of You Tube yoga out there!

Today is my "Moan" day!

Pam - yes, I those resistance bands are sneaky - I find them to be very helpful though in strengthening my hips and glutes.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-18-22, 10:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Crap, I got 501'ed!

~ Bellyfit TV class 12 - Rebel Rising
~ Margaret Moan Day - Unplugged 1909
~ 4,846 steps

Hello one and all!!!
Old 01-18-22, 02:00 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was….
~Walkabout, 9,000 steps
~Beach time & a short swim
~My own yin practice

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga